Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > My Remapped 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 16 of 43 <123 ... 151617 ... 414243>
Print this entire topic · 
UK Marine

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Most of that is going to be the brake pipes, mine was issued as advisories last year so I’m going to tackle them when the sun starts shining. As it’s a fiddly but ultimately home doable job I would say try to do them yourself and save £300 - £350, the rest an Indy can do for you unless you fancy doing the bushes Thumbs Up ______________________________
Simon

Range Rover Classic 3.5 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 3.9 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 4.2 LSE - Sadly gone
Land Rover 110 3.5 - Gone
Range Rover P38a 4.0 SE - Pleased it's gone
Range Rover P38a 2.5 DHSE - Just sold
Range Rover L322 4.4 v8 Petrol - Current

Post #467826 9th Feb 2018 10:29am
green-oval-nut

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Stornoway Grey

Sadly, not jobs I can tackle as I have nerve damage, which annoys me a lot as I am a qualified mechanic who is now severely restricted on what I can do to my cars. Plus I have nowhere to do the work. I have already instructed the garage it was mot’d at to go ahead with the work. But I am going to be contacting an Indy in Hailsham about topping the gearbox oil up for me though.

Post #467856 9th Feb 2018 3:13pm
green-oval-nut

I was expecting a call next week to say my car would be done as the garage told me they couldn't start on it until Wednesday this week. Thumbs Up Fine with me as I had a lot going on, Well I can tell you, I was in shock when my phone rang this morning and it was the garage Shocked I started panicking when I saw there name appear on my phones screen, expecting them to say something along the lines of, sorry sir, your car was far worse than we thought and is going to cost more than it's worth to fix. But was gob smacked when they said, your car is done. I told the bloke, Thank you, I wasn't expecting it to be done so quick, I will have to call you back when I have got a lift sorted. Luckily my Mum had decided to visit today so was able to get a lift down to the car although she was not happy Laughing

£630 MOT bill. But apart from the engine oil and gearbox oil leaks noted as advisories, everything else was done. Never known a garage to make taking money such a pleasure. BUT, I was not able to take the car home just yet. As I was not happy driving it all the way home with a gearbox oil leak, I called Sussex Transmissions (There nickname) and got the car booked in for a diagnosis. This will be computerised and visual. But they believe other than the torque converter, that my gearbox fault may be electrical. Any how, if it is under £1000 to fix, it will be done straight away. If not, they will be paid to service the gearbox to top the fluids up and I will just drive it home and use it as I was before and the gearbox will be done around January or February next year at the latest. Would have been sooner if I wasn't paying for work I already paid for at another garage that wasn't done again Laughing

Really gutted at having to drop it off so soon after picking up and driving it again. It has made me miss it even more.

Now it has a new MOT, I am more motivated than ever to get the rear lights wired in properly.

Post #468346 12th Feb 2018 11:08pm
green-oval-nut

I finally heard from them on Thursday last week to say it would be ready for Friday, but I was away in the West Midlands for a couple of days at the time. So went to collect it on the Monday, missed a call on my way down to collect the car from them, only to get told that the gearbox loom and new solenoid appear to have fixed the limp mode problem, but I still have the massive oil leak to deal with. So I asked them for a price to get that sorted. Good price I will say at under £300. The seal between the transfer box and gearbox had completely gone. And even I know I would have been stupid to drive the car away, so agreed for them to keep the car for 2 more days to get that fixed. But the car was test driven by the company and they said it no longer goes into limp mode for them, which it did when the first got the car. So fingers crossed, I should be picking up my Range Rover on Wednesday. In theory only leaving one last main mechanical job as preventative maintenance. The chain guides.

Post #469385 19th Feb 2018 7:55pm
bertie1

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

Wow well pleased for you hope all is now sorted. I wish i was that lucky after having my keys stolen in break in in sept the insurance co replaced locks but has broken down 3 times since still no car back nearly 6 months no car just crappy loaners bills stacking up with cabs etc and having to pay a company to put boat back in water im out of pocket to nearly £1000 all due to works done by inferer garage ews replaced ecu replaced stil wont unlock keeps losing codes for keys just want it back and sell it before all this happened car was mint and trusted to go 1000 miles with out worry now lost total faith couldnt trust to go to shops incase doesnt let me in or start insurance company nust seem to be dragging feet main dealers cant find problem just changing more parts just want rid until i can afford a l405 in a years time fingers crossed just gutted with whole situation with it all now

Post #469390 19th Feb 2018 8:10pm
green-oval-nut

Sorry to hear all that about your Range Rover. Hope the b******s who took your keys get what’s coming to them. Hope your insurance company finally get off there backsides and sort the car out properly. Mine still hasn’t resolved my accident claim from 2015, so understand where you are coming from.

Post #469414 19th Feb 2018 10:57pm
green-oval-nut

Starting to feel hopeful and excited. Collecting my Range Rover later today. Struggling to sleep though.

Post #469527 21st Feb 2018 3:30am
green-oval-nut

Looks like I have been lucky. After my gearbox going into limp mode and occasionally overheating for over a year, it turned out to be a knackered wiring loom! Still with everything done the gearbox work set me back £829.29. Better than £2100 for a rebuilt gearbox though lol. Drives superbly. Glad it’s finally home.

Post #469593 21st Feb 2018 6:01pm
bertie1

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Adriatic Blue

Great news long may your fatty stay healthy !

Post #469603 21st Feb 2018 7:15pm
Paul thornton

United Kingdom 

You must be well happy with that result, I know I'd be.

The gearbox place you used obviously know their stuff as I think most places would have just chucked a new gearbox in and handed you a £2k + bill.

Must be nice to have it driving properly at last.

Post #469641 22nd Feb 2018 12:48am
green-oval-nut

I was naughty yesterday. Something I wanted to get done for my Birthday in January which got held off, so next Thursday, my Autobiography style spoiler will be painted. Can't wait to get it fitted.

Post #469740 23rd Feb 2018 3:37am
GraemeJudge

2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

wow just read all this right through amazing keep up the good work and love that front end blacked lights and updated grill Surprised

Post #469758 23rd Feb 2018 10:06am
green-oval-nut

Thanks. I am actually leaving my Shogun behind today which I normally use on long haul journeys and taking the Range Rover, I have to admit, I am very very nervous, I am sure it will be fine but used to dread the BONG, trans fail safe. Even driving it home and using since getting it back, I have been watching the display like hawk waiting for the message lol.

Post #469765 23rd Feb 2018 11:17am
green-oval-nut

No trans fail safe, only had the BONG happen twice, both times to say the temperature outside had dropped below 3 degrees.
But heart sank when I heard the tone Laughing

Sadly the road trip didn't go without something going wrong Shocked Confused
Something has gone wrong with the drivers side rear brake. Sounded like metal on metal, despite the pads being ok after the MOT test. Too cold to investigate on my own, so limped the car home and have asked the mobile mechanic who is due out tomorrow for the Dodge, to take a quick look at my brakes and find out what has gone wrong. I am suspecting that it might be something to do with the handbrake shoes.

But I cannot explain how great it felt, for the first time ever since owning this beast, that I was able to complete a long journey, or any journey without trans fail safe or trans overheat popping up.

Post #469824 23rd Feb 2018 7:35pm
UK Marine

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Hey, small victories are victories nonetheless.

Enjoy them all and brakes are nothing compared to what you have been experiencing Thumbs Up ______________________________
Simon

Range Rover Classic 3.5 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 3.9 efi - Gone
Range Rover Classic 4.2 LSE - Sadly gone
Land Rover 110 3.5 - Gone
Range Rover P38a 4.0 SE - Pleased it's gone
Range Rover P38a 2.5 DHSE - Just sold
Range Rover L322 4.4 v8 Petrol - Current

Post #469839 23rd Feb 2018 9:13pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 16 of 43 <123 ... 151617 ... 414243>