Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Folding of rear seat backs from the front
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green
Folding of rear seat backs from the front

I have yet to find a way of folding the rear seats on my MY17 car without using the switches inside the tailgate. I need to be able to do it from the rear passenger doors, just as you can with any other estate car without Censored electric folding rear seats! Rolling Eyes

Is there a way of doing this that I've missed?

Thanks in advance Thumbs Up

I need to be able to get into the boot (and get dog in and out) if the car has a Thule Easybase added, as there would be no way of accessing the rear buttons. Also important if I ever have a rear end shunt!

Post #471438 7th Mar 2018 6:22am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I've not found a way.

The switch on the side of the rear seats will raise them back but not lower them.

The other option is the ski hatch though - if you have the arm rest down, you can then lower the centre section between the 2 main rear seats. That should be wide enough for dogs to get in & out.

Also, if I'd kept my EasyBase, I'd planned to chop the right amount of height off the rear frame to open the upper tailgate.

Post #471441 7th Mar 2018 7:35am
Red Merle

Thank you Alistair. I'd never tried using the ski flap before, so I've just been out of the office to try it and given Ben a heck of a surprise Laughing It'll do what I need it to Thumbs Up

How did you get on with the Easybase? Did you add the Thule solid box, or the bag? If you had either, with the top of the rear frame removed, would it be possible to open the upper rear door with either the box or bag in place?

We shall be going on holiday for a week soon, but this time with MiL and we shall be very hard pressed for luggage space; I'm looking for a solution and the Easybase with a box, or a bag, might be it. I'd value your experience on this Thumbs Up

Post #471444 7th Mar 2018 7:50am
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

My daughter is an ice hockey goalie, so we had some fairly large bags already and just used those.

I went skiing and the roads were quite dirty - and the bags were filthy by the time I got there - I was glad I used pallet wrap on them - I guess that wouldn't be an issue with the box - but I like the idea of just wheeling the bags up to the apartment - I then folded up the rack & put it out on the balcony.

I used 2 straps over the top and one around the base - fairly lightweight straps as they aren't really under much load.

These were my bags -

This is when we arrived -

The whole unit just clamps to the towball - and I had around 100kg's on it - amazing really it didn't move at all - I was very happy with it.

Mine came with a 7 pin plug - I know there are adapters, but I expected to keep it, so rewired to 13 pin.

Looking at the picture you posted with the bag - the exposed bit was about the amount that needed removing IIRC - I would chop off the bottom, drill 2 new bolt holes & lower that way. It's just to keep the bag off the bumper really, so doesn't need to be particularly high IMHO

Post #471451 7th Mar 2018 9:38am
Red Merle

Thank you Alistair Thumbs Up

Post #471452 7th Mar 2018 9:47am
charlie croker mk2

England 

Use the app on your Android phone ! It controls the seats only when the car is unlocked .

Post #471590 7th Mar 2018 10:54pm
Red Merle

Isn’t that something that’s only on D5’s? It’s not an option that comes up on my InControl App, even if the car’s unlocked.

Post #471595 8th Mar 2018 5:16am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1