Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Webasco Pre Heater starting up when vehicles turned off !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
IansL405SDV8Autobiography

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Mariana Black
Webasco Pre Heater starting up when vehicles turned off !

Hi folks, This is a real strange one. My RR Autobiography has the webasco pre heating system fitted. Works perfectly when pre set to come on by either pre set times or by the remote BUT what’s started to happen in the last few months is it starts up for about one minute when the engine is turned off ! It doesn’t make a jott of difference weither the engines hot or cold. I only realised what was going on when I started smelling unburnt fuel when parked up in my garage. I’ve got it booked in at the dealers in March (there earliest date !) But I just thought I’d put the question out there in case anyone knows the issue or if not but are also experiencing the same problem I can advise you the answer once LR have told me & stripped my bank account of course lol, Ian

Post #469150 18th Feb 2018 10:47am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

It's not necessarily defective - it comes on automatically when the outside temperature is below 5 degrees C and can run on a bit after the engine is turned off. Sometimes on does get disconcerting smoke coming from the driver side wheel arch, as you say not nice/healthy in an enclosed space like a garage. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #469211 18th Feb 2018 6:57pm

Hi CS & thanks for your reply. Let’s hope your wrong or the dealers going to cop it for booking it in to be sorted out then if you feel it’s normal. Personally if your correct it just doesn’t make sense to me being an ex technician because why should it feel it needs to switch on for a minute when the engine/coolant/cab have already warmed up to operating temperature ! I personally don’t worry over fuel consumption but obviously it’s wasting fuel. I’ll feedback on here once the dealers checked it as I’ll either have an answer to a fault or a good story to tell about how I gave them what’s for lol 😂. What a car though, I’ve had a defender, four disco’s & now the FFRR Autobiography & I’ll never have another car unless LR screw the future RR’s up. Ian

Post #469228 18th Feb 2018 7:43pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Mine does this from time to time - never been able to find a pattern or recreate at will so knowing how useless LR dealerships are, never bothered to get them to investigate - I can probably predict their response.

Post #469485 20th Feb 2018 7:23pm

Hi Fokes, well it took my LR dealer a week to rectify the pre heater switching on by itself when I turned the engine off but I can confirm there’s a LR internal bulletin on this evidently & they did what ever they needed to. LR payed ! Happy day’s so my advice is speak to your dealer, Ian

Post #473925 26th Mar 2018 12:43pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1