Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > V8 vs SDV8 cabin noise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
John1000

United Kingdom 
V8 vs SDV8 cabin noise

Hi all, I am looking to buy a RR from 2013/14 years. Could someone please provide some insight regarding noise intrusion into the cabin during cruise from the SDV8 vs V8? I am looking for the more quier version of both. On idle I understand the SDV8 is noisier than the V8. Thanks

Post #475250 8th Apr 2018 9:40pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

I can hardly here either - I have an SDV8, brother has the 5.0 SC. if anything I think the SDV8 is louder at idle but the 5.0 is louder on kickdown, but neither are intrusive.

Best suggestion is go for a test drive Thumbs Up 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #475254 8th Apr 2018 10:06pm
John1000

United Kingdom 

Good morning Vogue, thanks very much for your response. Yes I would go for a test and check.

Could you please let me know if the suspension is firmer on the SC vs SDV8? or is it the same? apparently in the RRS the SC versions have a stiff suspension compared with the rest of models, and in turn RRS have firmer suspension than RR apparently.

Thanks

Post #475270 9th Apr 2018 8:15am
AndyS

United Kingdom 

The SC 5.0 makes typical V8 petrol engine noises and is a bit racier sounding than the lorry engined version. The rider is a little stiffer on the SC too along with a noisier start up but overall when cruising they are both similar. I speak from experience of both and the boy racer in me prefers the SC especially the top end performance which is quite sprightly to say the least.

Post #475284 9th Apr 2018 11:17am
John1000

United Kingdom 

Thanks. Would you happen to know if the suspensions in the RRS are firmer than in the FFRR? From what I have been reading that might be the case. However I dont know whay it would be like that.

Post #475414 10th Apr 2018 9:24pm
AndyS

United Kingdom 

RRS has a harder ride as that's what people expect being the 'sport' version along with a lower slung seating position compared to the FFRR. General consensus is 'hard ride equals sporty' but not necessarily true but that's for another topic.

In my opinion you are either a FFRR fan or a RRS fan as people seem to support one or the other rarely both. For me, I've always had FF as I prefer the ride, the lower noise levels and the ambience. On the occasions I have had a RRS courtesy car I've always been pleased to get back to the more relaxed and laid back version. If I want to get racy I have other cars to do that at the weekend.
5.0 FFRR SC is certainly more stiffly sprung than the diesels but then it needs tying down better due to the superior performance.

For ultimate ride quality you should choose the 20" wheels with softer and taller sidewalls. 21" tyres are OK but 22" give a noticeably firmer and noisier ride especially over potholes. Best compromise for performance/ride quality are the 21" rims.

Post #475417 10th Apr 2018 9:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1