Home > Technical (L322) > Fluids
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
jonnyboy54321

United Kingdom 
Fluids

Gents

Apologies not been around these parts for a bit. Life got in the way then we've had a bit of a family tragedy so a lot of me-time stuff has gone by the wayside.
The fatty has done well over the winter, coped admirably with the unusual amount of snow we had down here - and when I was a bit nervous, I took the old Disco 1 out that I learned to weld on last year - aint no stopping that!!!!
I want to now throw some love the fatty's way - she's almost due a service (she's approaching 110k), and I'm sure she's getting jealous of the amount of attention some of her peers in the Chez JB fleet have been getting!!!!! Thinking to do the autobox, transfer box, and diff oils.
Has anyone sourced the correct oils other than at main dealer? I'm used to buying oils etc in bulk from local suppliers but have drawn a blank. Last year I managed to find some ATF for a Saab that saved me a fortune as the branded name was Mannol who make it for GM/Saab!!

Best

John 2007 Vogue TDV8 with 255/55/20's fitted

Post #475612 12th Apr 2018 7:56pm
kbald

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Gearbox oil by meyle is available from advance factors which is lifeguard 6 equivelant. I got the oils to do he transfer box and front and rear dffs from opie oils another site sponsor. The gearbox equivelant is also available from smith and allen off ebay in bulk. Worth doing research as some people say use nothing but lifeguard 6 and buy tb and diff oils from main dealer aome say its all rebranded and the other stuff is the same. Current 2007 TDV8 Vogue Buckingham Blue

Post #475616 12th Apr 2018 8:11pm
m@ttsFF

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

Westway lubricants offer a m1375.4 equivalent in bulk , which isn’t dyed , so same colour as the ZF lifeguard.
Also offer equivalent cold climate power steering fluids and diff oils 4.4 AdBlu Tractor
4.2 SC - sold

Post #475637 12th Apr 2018 9:22pm
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

Have a browse of the Ravenol UK online shop. They sell all the fluids you might need, with detailed specifications etc.

Post #475885 15th Apr 2018 10:14am
jonnyboy54321

United Kingdom 

Thread revival!

Did all these fluids this week. Messy job but worth it.
Got the transfer box and f & r diff oils from Dan at Duckworths along with the filter/sump assembly and bolts for the autobox.
Got the atf from Westway Lubricants ebay shop - M1375.4 - 20 litres for £98 delivered. So will do another flush at some point to minimise the old fluid from the torque converter.
Atf smelled a bit burnt (not horrendously), was grubby but not opaque. T/box much the same. Front diff was clean. Rear diff was minging.

The rangey repaid me for all this love by developing a leakoff pipe o ring failure (no.4 injector, the hardest one). Unrelated but an utter swine to do......but is done. 2007 Vogue TDV8 with 255/55/20's fitted

Post #492300 14th Oct 2018 6:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1