Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Rust warning and exhaust advice
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
alfapat

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey
Rust warning and exhaust advice

Whilst removing scaled rust and restoring the front chassis to prelong life , I came accross a small hole which has developed into something bigger so welded a plate on this and redrilled the drain hole. Moved back to the mid section and descaled the chassis and mor importantly removed loads of scaled rust off the air tank positioned down on the drivers side next to the sill , quite bad and complete access to it not easy , however wort looking at to save it from being completely destroyed by rust ....not a cheap part to replace.
To add , I have noticed the flange or clamping joining the short flexi exhaust pipe to the rear section (td6) had disintregated so as the clamps are part of each join when you buy or if you have to buy them dont get cheap . Instead if I replaced this with tho cupped clamps what size can I buy , the exhaust size , being 60mmm or the flange 67-70 mm. Ha anyone elso had this resolved , I have 55mm fittrd and a bit tight , its just knowing haw the manufactureres size them ?

Post #476030 16th Apr 2018 9:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1