Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Land Rover Experience drive Solihull with Factory Tour
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Montys 4x4

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey
Land Rover Experience drive Solihull with Factory Tour

Hi used my half day experience drive at Solihull experience centre had an afternoon slot, so to make it a grand day out I booked my brother and myself onto the RR and Disco factory tour.
Although I tried to book Eastnor Castle Exp. Centre from having a good experience from a few years ago but all booked up until November I was told. So thought I'd try the Lode Lane Centre on the basis that it might be more technical than perhaps scenic. I must say after a long period of rain the course was very muddy and water logged it really earned its name of the jungle track that and the technical side slopes really installed mega confidence in the Range Rover and through the deep water with enhanced depth due to the rain it was like being in a boat. The side slope at 33 degrees was an eye opener. So I'd recommend the Solihull experience centre only downside was limited stock and lack of size range in the goodies shop after handing us a discount card to use.
The factory tour with the special Range Rover themed exhibition was excellent although I think as the production lines came to a halt and workers were gathering on Friday we made a rapid exit only to later hear on the radio that JLR were laying off 1000 Contract staff from Solihull blamed on diesel sales downturn and brexit affecting sales.

Paul Journey started in a LR2B at 16 and has incl. just about every Land Rover, Disco, RRS and Range Rover Vehicle owned or driven, I even worked for the company when it was owned by BAe - It must be a madness!!! because to add to my 4.4 TDV8 Westminister In Baltic Blue I bought a second L322 as a commuter bus, TD6 2004 Vogue in Oslo Blue with cream leather now both gone replaced with what could turn out to be my biggest mistake. Carpathian Grey ivory interior 3.0 tdv6 Autobiog. 2017

Post #476078 17th Apr 2018 4:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1