Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > TD6 loss of power conclusion
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
wayneg

Australia 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black
TD6 loss of power conclusion

After several posts about my intermittent loss of power under heavy load, I think my issue is solved. All my diagnostics efforts came back with no conclusive result and no fault codes. The car ran perfectly until a heavy right foot full then just bogged down. As it felt like fuel starvation I decided to replace both low-pressure pumps. I checked the old external pump was working and showing around 4kpa which I understood was ok. Even took it off to test and it seemed to perform admirably.
Today I had the new external pump delivered and 30 minutes later it was installed thanks to the how to`s on here. A reasonable test drive afterward and things have improved dramatically. No more bogging down and full steam ahead was what I was after but the smooth and constant Torque now on tap has transformed the gearbox into something resembling snappy. No more holding the revs at higher levels and changing down at the sniff of a hill, nice smooth and purposeful progress is now restored.
I will fit the in-tank pump as soon as it arrives and am hoping a shiny new injector loom will be on its way at a bargain price next week.
The pumps I got from China, A$35 for the external and A$30 for the in tank, shipped. Should have done these as preventative maintenance long ago.
Happy days.... Oh yeh, forgot to report the rear wiper motor has stripped its gears, another A$15 2007 TDV8 VSE
2003 TD6 gone.
2002 P38a gone
1999 P38a gone
1997 p38a gone
1993 VSE gone
1992 VSE gone
1966 Series 2a with V8 conversion gone

Post #476636 24th Apr 2018 10:54am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

nice job wayne Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #476639 24th Apr 2018 12:31pm
Crobinson78

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

Hi Wayne,

I recently had a fuel injection error. The car was cranking but not starting. The diagnostic showed a faulty nr 5 injector. My mechanic replaced the injector. Picked it up drove great for a day or so driving great. but, the the first time I put the foot down to get up a steep hill, the dreaded error message came back and drives with restricted performance. After I switch the car off and leave it idle for a few minute, start engine again and the error is gone. It seems like she dosnt like being over loaded with fuel or vis a vis. Maybe not getting the required amount when putting foot down. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Post #659999 21st Mar 2023 9:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1