Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > Warning- engine oil dillution with diesel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Montys 4x4

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

Just to update, I waited for two weeks for a response from JLR on the issue I have raised about oil dilution. the response was to reference the amended RR MY17.5 sales brochure update that inserted that "driving styles" will affect the nominal 16,000 miles scheduled service requiring more frequent servicing and warning that due to oil dilution triggering the oil service warning the owner must have the oil changed immediately to avoid engine damage.
I have several issues with the response when referencing against the kindly provided internal JLRP00100 Service bulletin on this thread. Also when I bought my Range Rover last November there was no brochures available at the dealership or on line as they had been replaced with the MY18 Facelift versions. Also as the servicing is now recorded online at LR Dealers I have no Servicing Booklet in with my Vehicle Manual.
The issue has now been lifted to Black Horse Finance who I used to purchase the vehicle and they are speaking to JLR Customer Services and I also sat in with the Service Manager at the selling dealership for two hours earlier this week providing him with copies of all correspondence so that he also submits a Customer complaint through Marshall LR own Customer Service Manager.
Because I alerted the dealership before the six month point and clearly the RR 3.0 TDV6 is not delivering on my expectations it appears I may be able to reject the vehicle, It will be a sad day if it does get returned as its the best LR product I have owned but JLR just need to swallow the honesty pill and accept they need to sort this issue out.

Regards

Paul Journey started in a LR2B at 16 and has incl. just about every Land Rover, Disco, RRS and Range Rover Vehicle owned or driven, I even worked for the company when it was owned by BAe - It must be a madness!!! because to add to my 4.4 TDV8 Westminister In Baltic Blue I bought a second L322 as a commuter bus, TD6 2004 Vogue in Oslo Blue with cream leather now both gone replaced with what could turn out to be my biggest mistake. Carpathian Grey ivory interior 3.0 tdv6 Autobiog. 2017

Post #478651 17th May 2018 7:40am
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

Hi Paul, this is very interesting as we purchased/financed ours at the end of December and it is booked in for a service next month. As this is the earliest that they could get the car in....this service will be carried out just before it is 6 months old. Meaning to me if they don’t give a satisfactory outcome/answer to the early service and ad Blue situation. Would this be recourse to reject the vehicle?

The car is superb in every way, and it’s the last thing I would want to do! On the flip side we have the car over a 4 year finance agreement (to tie in with the completely new model was the thought) I don’t want the niggle that year 4 I will have issues with it!

Interesting times ahead.....

Post #478690 17th May 2018 3:39pm
7 CDB

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Loire Blue

Quick update, car went in yesterday for oil service and check. All now seems fine and a couple of updates needed. No charge.....

Post #480409 8th Jun 2018 9:24am
Montys 4x4

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Carpathian Grey

Further update to early oil service/oil dilution issue with my TDV6 . Still in dialogue with JLR Customer Service, also in dialogue with Land rover finance (Black Horse) Still in dialogue with Service Manager at my supplying dealership.
New last Saturday 2500 miles since the early oil service I have Service due countdown 1850 miles showing, checking sub menu its another oil service due then after 100 mile drive at the weekend its now due service at 1350 miles have arranged a dealer visit but due to loading cant be done until early July so with joke service due countdown will have to park it up to ensure I do not exceed the service point and have the whole sorry oil dilution/DPF Regeneration turned around as my fault.
Its been announced this week Mercedes are now being fined for cheating the emissions testing in Europe I think the next headline has got to be Land rover (and that will be ford and Peugeot as the big diesels are all from Power Train) as the current diesels must be borderline to euro 6 compliance after the DPF regen. software and increased Adblu cycles were introduced last year and as no diesels Range Rovers are available to order post September delivery at the moment when euro 6+ compliance comes into effect.
All a bit of a mess and really can't be doing with 4-5000 mile oil changes and waiting around dealerships.

Paul Journey started in a LR2B at 16 and has incl. just about every Land Rover, Disco, RRS and Range Rover Vehicle owned or driven, I even worked for the company when it was owned by BAe - It must be a madness!!! because to add to my 4.4 TDV8 Westminister In Baltic Blue I bought a second L322 as a commuter bus, TD6 2004 Vogue in Oslo Blue with cream leather now both gone replaced with what could turn out to be my biggest mistake. Carpathian Grey ivory interior 3.0 tdv6 Autobiog. 2017

Post #480884 14th Jun 2018 9:23am
CS

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

When I was deciding what to do i asked both at the dealer and at LRCR about real world emissions for the 4.4 SDV8. Neither knew anything. Research online revealed nothing for the 4.4 but a test of the RR Sport 3.0TDV6 (presumably a similar engine to that in the RR) showed it was emitting about three times what it did in the current laboratory test in a real world scenario, and it was given a second chance on an "engine warmed up" basis, when the result was better, but not that much better. My conclusion was that the diesels were way off real world test compliance.

The answer for me was the 5.0SC and I am happy so far.

The press were suggesting that Discovery production being moved to Slovakia was partly in order to make space for electric/hybrid etc powertrain development at Solihull. We will see, but it's obviously not an answer for your problems in the short term, I sympathise. Only Range Rovers since 1988

Post #480888 14th Jun 2018 10:01am
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

For info, since I took early retirement at the end of 2017, I have had to change the oil 3 times (in just over 6,000 miles) due to the early service required indicator which is due to there being 8% diesel in the engine oil. They blame it on my now frequent short runs of course and say I need to do some long ones to allow the dpf to do its full regeneration process. All I know is that it now costs me around £200 every 6 months for an oil change after around 2,000 miles whereas when I worked , it would do 15,000 a year on the same oil - brilliant!! Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #522198 19th Jul 2019 4:13pm
Ukandrewf

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Montys 4x4 wrote:
Thank you ADI, a very important Bulletin to current and potential 3.0 TDV6 owners. Had I been made aware of this issue I would have gone for a V8.

Is the v8 immune to this issue? --
On my third Full Fat RR
there's nothing like it.

Post #528155 15th Sep 2019 11:01pm
Ukandrewf

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Carpathian Grey

Vogue wrote:
Fwiw, I have a 4.4SDV8 bought September last year. Covered 8k miles and is showing a range of 4k miles for the adblue - no top ups in the interim. I drive quite spiritedly

I have the 4.4 and have found with this model I drive slower.. I just don’t feel need to rush or to prove anything ...it’s such a joy to drive. (motorways slightly different) Very Happy

Andrew --
On my third Full Fat RR
there's nothing like it.

Post #528156 15th Sep 2019 11:14pm
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

My SDV8 4.4 isn't immune , oil change required frequently as mentioned above Sad Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #528237 16th Sep 2019 2:21pm
revoke

United Kingdom 

This letter is definitely worth a read as it expands on the meaning of the phrase "architecture and hardware" contained in JLRP00100:

https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/download/file.php?id=9522

Post #529281 27th Sep 2019 12:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12