Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Dash camera fitment
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 8 <12345678
Print this entire topic · 
Pvw10

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Firenze Red

[quote="stan"]another tip Paul is to get a dashcam with a capacitor rather a battery..the batterys only last up to a year and are a problem to get..

one of my fronts is this one,

Good shout thanks Stan. Although the battery will not really go flat as connected to cars system and not a replacement issue either a capacitor jobby is far better and actually safer, according to the majority of makers.

I spy a Blueseasky model which has superb reviews, offers as I desire and is £30.99 which with a capacitor seems very good value.
I am exploring other models but WILL go the capacitor route 👍 Many thanks
Paul

Post #366867 13th Jan 2016 4:05pm
SveinHa

Norway 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

Pvw10 wrote:
...surely as the camera is going near the mirror, and the interior light assy both has power and a good sized void why not put a fused splice into the interior lights or am I missing something ?
I installed my 805 camera today in my 2008 L322 and found power from the GW (+) and NB (-) wires to the interior mirror. These are live when ignition is on and fused by a 5A (fuse 6 in the passenger compartment fuse box).

In the sunglass compartment there are 2 bolts fixing the console to the roof, also one clip on each side and two in the rear of the console. The clips sit very tight so you ned some force but also be careful. With the console out of the way, it is easy to find the cables to the mirror. I spliced into the cables a couple of cm from the plug but I advice to do the splice at least 7-8 cm away as the splice then will be under the roof lining and not close to the mirror, not much space for extra cables there... Two 20 cm long pieces of copper wire welded to the power adapter and to the cables to the mirror, all connections insulated.

The rather large 12V to 5V adapter can easily be located in front of the sunglass compartment. "Plentraktoren/Garden tractor": 2008 L322 TDV8
"Project": 1990 90 County 300tdi

Post #394258 3rd Jul 2016 12:30pm
Pvw10

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Firenze Red

Good info there many thanks 👍 Many thanks
Paul

Post #394276 3rd Jul 2016 3:58pm
Andrey2123

Russia 

I needed the DVR to turn on when the ignition is turned on. "+" for adapter took the fuse 6, the unit in the passenger box.
RUS
 Range Rover L322 M57

Post #478801 18th May 2018 4:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 8 of 8 <12345678