Home > My Range Rover > My RR 2003 4.4 V8
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Jmckenzie295

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black
My RR 2003 4.4 V8

Alright people,

Just joined the forum as I have l322 and always looking at new things to fix.

Love the motor, just as you will all know they can drive you crazy with niggly issues.

Oil leak which isn't bad but enough to see the drips on the driveway, the only place I can see some oil from is the valve cover, but need to have a closer look.
Problems with the dsp are driving me insane,
Driver seat and steering wheel have almost stopped working. I can feel them click about a mm before not moving and I'm sure there is a few others.

Found this forum through another one and looking to see what I can learn from the guys who have had l322 for some time and probably had similar issues.

Cheers

Last edited by Jmckenzie295 on 3rd Jun 2018 10:16pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #476141 18th Apr 2018 3:47pm
Jmckenzie295

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

So after changing both valve cover gaskets last month,my oil leaks got worse. So after a lot of research I tackled the pcv and oil Separator. Changing both lower hoses in the process.

I found that both hoses were not attached to the rest of the hose and effectively had oil leaking from both sides of the engine. I hadn't even removed the pcv and noticed the wee pipe at the bottom with only an inch of hose attached.

When I removed the oil Separator from its bracket it fell and lifted it up with a soggy mess attached to the bottom. The most annoying parts for me, stripping a torx bolt on the pcv valve and being stupid enough for an hour not to realise it was retrievable by vice grips. I would advise changing all of the bolts for hex nuts outwith 2 bolts as they are to close to the plastic and can't get a socket in.

The lower oil Separator hose was quite difficult but once I figured it out it took me all of 5 minutes.

I attached the lower hose to the oil Separator and fed it through the gap it sits towards the metal pipe, I before I done this I heated the end of the hose that I was attaching to the metal pipe, reached down and effectively massaged it on to the pipe. (couldn't think of a better explanation) it worked first time, just make sure you have the worm clip on the metal pipe so that you can put it on to the hose.

This job took me a long time. But I feel they were well worth it. Hopefully I see les oil on my driveway and can get to work on everything else.

Cheers

Post #480051 3rd Jun 2018 10:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1