Thanks for the welcome. Thumbs Up

Post #480046 3rd Jun 2018 8:49pm
Huwrhys

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Yes very comprehensively thanks. Thumbs Up

Post #480047 3rd Jun 2018 8:50pm
Huwrhys

Been checking insurance cover etc and had a really good experience speaking with a guy from NFU again. I called them a while ago and was impressed with their human response so after doing the comparison sites, I called them again. They were £29 dearer than LV (Who are not very good at a human level from my experience) which were £747 fully comp. So NFU will get my hard earned when the deal goes down. I can't wait to get my polishing cloth on it and give it the love and care it deserves.
I usually use Auto Glym products and find their extra gloss protection (about £10 a 325ml bottle ot £7.50 if you're near Trago Mills) to be very good once you have the car as you want it. I do most of the cars I have with this and it lasts for years. I was interested in getting the car detailed but having pushed the boat out on the model I'm buying, my feet are way too wet to afford stuff like detailing and food!

Anyone else have a favourite brand for cleaning/polishing/sealing and generally titivating FFRR's?

Post #480106 4th Jun 2018 12:23pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

Not me, but I am a NFU convert. They are well worth paying more for for the cover and service that they give Thumbs Up

Looks like I’m not the only one that completely blew the budget then Rolling Eyes

Post #480107 4th Jun 2018 12:50pm
Huwrhys

I had a deposit paid on my first ever new car. A D5 HSE Lux in Byron blue and full Dynamic pack. We had a bit of crap with the business which lead me to cancel the order. The dealers very kindly returned the deposit (Lookers Chelmsford 10/10 for their understanding) and swore I'd go back if our luck changed. It hasn't really changed so we were looking to stick with what we have (D4 HSE 2012). Problem was I now had emotionally sold the D4 and wanted a replacement. I've been looking about and the D5 just doesn't float my boat. As much as I had an order placed I just can't get over the looks and the rear seats discomfort. With that in mind I looked at some FFRR's. So lovely! My goodness they're spot on with what to add at what point to make the next one up and the later model just good enough to temp. So from a 65 plate Vogue/SE (for the Euro 6 stuff) my deposit hit the desk in the end for a 17MY AB. I should have known what I'm like. My wifes an L and I'm a Ghia in old Ford speak. Result is I now work nights in Piccadilly to make up the difference. My eyebrows are slightly higher than they were and my eyes water far more than they used to but it seems like it will be worth it.
Thumbs Up

Post #480111 4th Jun 2018 1:34pm
Red Merle

Ha ha! I can relate to that.

I left Disco ownership with the advent of the D5 and found a much more convincing replacement with the FF and wound up spending far too much, but I feel better every time I get in it Thumbs Up

Post #480121 4th Jun 2018 2:48pm
Huwrhys

LR advertise the cost of parts which includes fitment on their website at

http://gear.landrover.com/gb/en/range-rove...tiary-tabs

It states that the 17MY needs
ECU VPLGT0204 £395
Harness VPLGT0202 £190
Switch kit VPLGT0206 £147
Tow bar VPLGT0117 £1956
It states that the tow eye cover is not required for the 2017/8.
Total is £2688 Shocked

The detachable comes in at £897 plus the harness at £190 so £1087.
Cost includes fitting and enabling for both options.

Now who has a boys toys calculator so I can show the wife what a great deal I've done?

Post #480129 4th Jun 2018 4:37pm
Huwrhys

I've just got the deployable down to £2400 fitted with the light checking facility. Any advance on £2400?

Post #480134 4th Jun 2018 6:31pm
Red Merle

Have you made up your mind on the deplorable ‘bar?

If you haven’t, it’s worth asking Dan at Duckworth’s for a price on the parts only for the receiver hitch variety.

Post #480142 4th Jun 2018 8:08pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Huwrhys wrote:
Now who has a boys toys calculator so I can show the wife what a great deal I've done?

Easy - i’ll Take that one Thumbs Up

You have such great taste and beautiful clothes - I’d be horrified if you got grease on them from the tow bar when you’re putting your latest purchases into the boot, so I insisted on the best tow bar just for you...... cost ? - I’m not sure, i didn’t ask, I just told the salesman that my wife deserved the very best Whistle

Post #480148 4th Jun 2018 8:27pm
Huwrhys

I really want the deplorable but cost is significant. I may bite the bullet and jump in as the detachable is more than I need as I have everything caravan wise and have no reason to use a crane/BBQ/Khazi on the back of my new car. Nothing wrong with it and useful to those who do. I just like the neatness of tucking it away. I also like the fact that it does a lighting check which means I don't have to press the brake pedal and run to the back to see if it's lit the red ones (gotta be damn quick!).
I'm hoping the confirmation that the car is P/Ex'd and they can now move towards selling it to me will be sorted tomorrow and a deal can be struck to fit the deplorable at 50/50 cost as a gesture. We'll see.
As far as trying to get that past my Mrs, no chance. She knows a blagger at 100 yards. It's more about keeping the straight face as I tend to look hysterical upon her first utterance. Then it's difficult to get back up after all the begging and bowing.
The reality is, she bought it for me for my birthday so I must be doing something right.
Thumbs Up Very Happy

Post #480163 4th Jun 2018 11:07pm
Red Merle

Laughing

Hope you manage to get what you want Thumbs Up

Post #480166 5th Jun 2018 2:10am
Huwrhys

Ok all change again. Seems the 17MY does not require the tow eye cover so a further saving of £395. Dealer has made a gesture also of £500 towards the tow bar so a final cost of £1793 fitted and enabled etc etc. Still eye watering but a whole "Bag of sand" as they say down here, less than was first thought. That includes the light test feature which is only available on 17MY and on.
Hoorah!
Just have to agree the valuation on my D4 and we're away. Thumbs Up

Post #480223 5th Jun 2018 4:10pm
Huwrhys

So to cut to the chase, I have sold my D4 to a forum member at the trade in price to LR (Lucky boy) and what a nice guy he was. Thumbs Up
Very happy to see a man chuffed with his new toy. Judging by others of a similar spec he possibly saved about £4k. Very Happy
My quest now is to get my FFRR into my possession without losing my composure with LR. It was the 2nd I first saw my new car which needed very little really to get it ready (New screen, tow bar, wheel refurb and a good clean) but they've managed to get almost down to the wire with nothing completed. They said I couldn't drive it until the car had been prepped as they didn't know what was wrong with it. I said I wasn't going to be happy if they wanted me to test drive the car on the day of collection in case I found something was faulty, in which case I would be stuck without a car. I asked if they were going to supply a loaner while they fixed a possible problem. They responded by telling me they didn't have a loan car but if they did it would be an Ewok! I suspect that they may have an Ewok then! The second guessing and lack of updates has been very frustrating throughout the whole process and feel that the dealers "shrug of the shoulders" attitude has been pretty poor from the moment I paid the deposit. The main problems with the LR sales and service is that you never get to speak to the organ grinder, only the monkey. Their monkeys are poorly trained and seriously haven't grasped turning the jar over to tip out the grape. I met a product manager and a sales guy when I went there, both under 21 and both really nice guys. Neither had much of a clue about the car and watched me as I pulled it apart trying different aspects of seat comfort and the tech. I kept hearing things like "I didn't know it did that!" and "oh that's clever". I don't blame the youngsters so much but you would expect them to go looking if they're not shown. I do blame the dealership for letting two guys loose on their customers who have little clue as to what they're selling.
Never mind, soon the car will be mine and I'll never see them again. Thumbs Up

Post #480869 14th Jun 2018 6:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>