Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Price check
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
nicksaab

2016 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Corris Grey

My view is that the car is well over book price and the dealer is cashing in on the low mileage. At the end of the day its a 8 year old car for about £2.5k more than a 6 year old one.

The premium is the low mileage - that soon disappears if you start doing normal miles - eg if you do 10k a year when its 10 years old it will have 45k, if you keep it for 4 years then it will have 65k but be 12 years old - at that point at resale you are into the mileage window of expensive replacement components coming up and the premium you paid will be completely eroded because potential owners will focus on age and price and less on mileage at that point.

My 2pence worth - a last L322 on a 12/62 plate either Westie or AB with 45-50k on the clock will see you with a newer car and more cash in the back pocket - and probably the same (or slightly less) depreciation % curve over a 2 - 4 year so your overall cost of ownership will be less (excluding servicing etc).

Of course entirely depends on your mileage and ownership duration expectations. Probably stirs the water for you a bit, so apologies for that! Current Fleet:-
2018 Discovery 5 3.0 HSE
2021 Ford Ranger Wildtrack
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt 5.0 V8
1993 Defender 90 200TDI Pickup

Gone - not forgotten
2016 L405 4.4 SDV8 Vogue SE
2012 L322 4.4 Westminster
2004 L322 4.4 V8 Autobiography LE
2000 P38 RR 4.0 HSE (ex Clarkson test car)

Post #479879 1st Jun 2018 1:42pm
Sandyt

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

Just another thought low mileage cars are not necessarily better than high mileage in my experience with Range Rovers 30 yrs worth - if they are not used regularly all sorts of odd things stop working most are just a nuisance bit it is worth thinking about

Post #479974 2nd Jun 2018 9:53pm
Gaz191062

United Kingdom 

Hi Guys thanks for all the great advice, just dropping a bit of feedback on the vogue I was interested in.
headed along to the LR dealer and had agood look around it ,60 plate with 25000 miles,priced at 25k, from what I have been looking at and comparing this one, it has been a hard 25000 miles hence the load of advisories on suspension bushes etc, bodywork had a fair amount of chips dinks and scratches and tailgate was rotten nearly right through and interior looked well used also, the rear arches were pretty well rusted which I did not expect at this miles, based on this and the price I decided to leave alone and not bother with a test drive, however there was a 12 plate westminster just came in from another branch, lovely dark green with tan interior that looked well kept and took a test drive in this, drove lovely with no wobbling or weaving and felt really tight, 35k on the clock so again quite low, but a 26.5k price tag and again pretty bad rust on rear arches.
Throughout my last few months search I have tended to maybe look for something a bit too perfect for my cash and have walked away from some really super cars but been put off by the rear arch corrosion, after seeing this is evident on the above low mileage newer examples, I am begining to wonder if I should revert back to some of the older slightly higher mileage but mint cars I have been looking at and factor in the cost of getting a repair done on both rear arches from a good body shop, then following the tip on hear slide on the protective strip packed with grease and change each year to keep them good ?

Post #480077 4th Jun 2018 7:23am
kgeddes

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Causeway Grey

Surely you could get the dealer to sort out the corrosion on the rear arches of the Westminster? Then use the protective strip/grease solution? Alternatively seek a discount and arrange to have the arches sorted out yourself. Sounds like a nice FF....

Post #480085 4th Jun 2018 8:48am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

just my 2p.

don't fixate on low milage, get a well looked after late as possible, well serviced example. Save some money.

Mine is a 12 plate on 58,000. I bought it on 36000, it still feels like the same car and looks like the same car.

These cars don't like to stand around. they prefer being run regularly.

Also don't fixate on Dealer sourced cars, the warranty is good, yes, but if its an older car then I think it will be the lesser B plan warranty, which covers less in any case, put some beans aside each month, instead of giving them to what is an insurance company.....

Buy on condition and service history, not on milage or warranty. The 4.4 is a pretty well sorted car, yes there are a few common issues however most of these are relatively minor. The o ring leak is pence to mend, if you can weld spanners, the oil cooler less so, but doable. the turbo drain mod is only an issue if you drive like Ms Daisy, but if not already done costs about £1k at an indy.

Full service history on age not milage is also important. On a low milage 35k car, if its 6 years old there should be 6 stamps in the book not 3....... There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #480135 4th Jun 2018 6:48pm
Rosco

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Baltic Blue

+1 for the Northern Monkey Thumbs Up

Post #480137 4th Jun 2018 7:17pm
Gaz191062

United Kingdom 

Cheers NorthernMonkey really appreciate the advice, yes I am going back round the ads again and not showing too much concern now on mileage, as most seem to glide alog quite happily with high mileages, so strong service history and good condition is my new target, seen a few real nice ones a month or so back but was put off by the rear arch corrosion, thinking now I will just ignore this as long as its not too bad and budget in a refurb and stone chip protection from a local bodyshop and hopefully save a few pound rather than splashing it out on a lower mileage car. Thanks for all the advice on here, hopefully soon I will be posting a few pictures of a nice clean model

Post #480182 5th Jun 2018 10:21am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12