Home > Orders (L405) > 2018 going back and about to press the button on a 2019
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 7 1234567>
Print this entire topic · 
stillrunning

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue
2018 going back and about to press the button on a 2019

Not been on here as much as all i seem to do is complain Rolling with laughter
I have now rejected my 2018 AB as I am still having problems with infotainment system and seats.
I am about to press the button on my third one. I just clarification on a couple of things before i do.
This will be same spec but a 2019 model and delivery has been promised for September Shocked Shocked
I must need my head examining but i can't get them from under my skin, when these cars work they are fantastic but so frustrating when they don't.
I am hoping it is like the saying third lucky and this one has no issues, if not i will be checking myself in to the nearest hospital for sectioning.
Steve

Post #484316 25th Jul 2018 2:57pm
Poocherama

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV6 Santorini Black

I'd be very sceptical about the delivery date.

I ordered mine in mid May, delivery second week in August. It's now been delayed until the end of October.

Post #484317 25th Jul 2018 3:08pm
Autobiography

2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Add about 2-3 months to the delivery date and then you’ll be happy when it comes ‘forward’.

Post #484326 25th Jul 2018 6:12pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Hi SR

What ongoing problems were you getting with infotainment and seats?

I've just been down to Sth France and the whole car was virtually faultless apart from a NAV freeze at the start of our trip for about half an hour. After that the Nav was perfect and totally trustworthy! I drove 600 miles on the last day and didn't even know I'd done it, it was that smooth.

And guess what?.....the InControl Apps are now working with a Pixel 2 phone!!! The only other slight problems are, I got a service reminder (car had done 2500miles when it started) and the dealer says there is a software fix for that so going in on Tuesday and whilst they're at it going to look at reversing camera not always coming on, just the car outline and bars.

What was the problem with seats?

Post #484362 26th Jul 2018 10:31am
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

Chalky,

You state your car was virtually faultless, but,

. Sat Nav Screen froze up
. Service Reminder coming up after 2,500 miles covered
. Reverse Camera not coming on.

That’s just not good enough but maybe I’m being a bit picky but LR have really got to up their game.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #484369 26th Jul 2018 12:08pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

I agree, LR do need to improve, but to be honest cars are no different to annoying problems with computers. How many times do we have to shut down our phones and PC's and start them again to get them to work properly?

I know our LR's cost a lot of money and they should (in a perfect world) be fault free, but they are not and never will be. I have two shooting pals who have had far worse problems with an Audi Q7 and a Beamer X5.

Unless the car gives me real aggro I am prepared to put up with a few niggles (besides the sat nav is now perfect and the dealer is fixing the rest). The car overall is amazing as were my previous 12 LR 's, but this one is in a class of its own.

The real improvement needs to come from the sales teams who are very complacent because they know full well that they have brand loyalty from people like me and SR on here!!

Post #484371 26th Jul 2018 12:21pm
Lyonhead

Wales 2019 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Loire Blue

Yes I agree,

I’ll be on my 5th when it finally gets built, not as many as yours but LR know that they have you by the Censored , because if you cancel and just walk away they will always have someone willing to fill your place and they will sell no matter what.

The problem I have and SWMBO has reminded me everytime, if I cancelled and bought new elsewhere with another brand of car there will be sometime and I know myself it would happen, that I’ll be driving along and say to myself, this is a lovely car but it’s not a Range Rover.. Rolling Eyes

Once your bitten it’s very hard to walk away.

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #484372 26th Jul 2018 12:36pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Bow down

Post #484375 26th Jul 2018 12:50pm
stillrunning

Issues I still have with car.
Even after them having the car for seven weeks.
Not that it needed at minute but no heated drivers seat.
I have issues with seat memory button not working intermittently.
Pulled up at a road junction on 3 occasions and the car switched off completely and have to press start button to get it going
Get in car and memory setting have changed, mainly the inflatable lumbar support inflated to the maximum.
Sat Nav feezing.
Reversing camera intermittently does not work.
When it does work and you drive off, the reversing camera stays on after driving off like it should be then changes to the front camera then back to the rear camera conitinuly until I press the back button to home screen.
Opened the car door after being at work all day dash lights up with red triangle saying car is not in park.
Dash display on start up does not go to map as it set up it stays on ranger Rover screen saver for quite a while.
Power tail gate not operating properly. Freezing part way up, when you try to close, the alarm beeps. The only way to rectify is to push it up.
The items that were fixed
Steering control switch changed which solved a few if the other infotainment issues with bottom screen and dash display freezing.
Gesture blind now not having a mind of its own.
SIM card reader, only for no this one out after going to collecting it first time round
All in all not good and I am not prepared to compromise.
Problem I have they cannot give assurances the 2019 model is not going to the same, they have said since 2018 model came out there has been 2 updates and that is it.

Post #484401 26th Jul 2018 7:16pm
stillrunning

I also keep this one until new one is ready, so not too bothered about delivery date apart from getting frustrated when it does nay of the above.

Post #484427 27th Jul 2018 3:52am
ilard

United Kingdom 

I just think you have a bad apple. A Friday afternoon car or something. I am sure your next one will be sweet. Have you upgraded to Steering Assist?

Post #484482 27th Jul 2018 7:38pm
stillrunning

I really hope it is a case of third lucky.
I have a delivery date for the new one of 12 October.
holding my breath again
LOL

Post #486341 17th Aug 2018 6:59am
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

I have to say, I'd have tried another brand by now if I'd had that level of problems on a very expensive brand new car SR. That's some brand loyalty you're showing there!
There will come a time when JLR will regret their hopeless levels of main dealer customer service. Right now, their cars are in high demand, but when times get tough (in the post diesel era perhaps?) they will lose customers to rival brands that don't take sales for granted.
Meanwhile, I hope the new one is perfect SR.

Post #486355 17th Aug 2018 8:30am
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

On the contrary, this is the sort of experience that would keep me coming back to LR. While stillrunning’s experience has been frustrating, their willingness to swap vehicles out, for regular customers, is legendary. I know, it’s how I wound up with the Full Fat in the first place Rolling Eyes

Things go wrongly with pretty much anything, from any manufacturer, but LR’s exchange policy will keep me coming back Thumbs Up

Last edited by Red Merle on 23rd Aug 2018 6:03pm. Edited 2 times in total

Post #486372 17th Aug 2018 12:22pm
Chalky

United Kingdom 

Yes, I agree with Red Merle, although I haven't had the unfortunate experiences of some, and I do thing SR is a star for being so loyal....hope LR think the same!!

Things go wrong, that's life, especially with clever technology, but the car makes you smile every time you get in it and that says something!! Thumbs Up

Post #486384 17th Aug 2018 2:10pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Back to top
Page 1 of 7 1234567>