Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Dealership & Service Feedback > The worst Land Rover dealership gets even better !!! Barrets
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Robvader

United Kingdom 
The worst Land Rover dealership gets even better !!! Barrets

I posted before about the supposed approved Range Rover I bought from Barrets of Canterbury, well I thought it was all over when they picked the car up and returned my deposit and gave me a very poor and unacceptable £200 for my wasted time and trouble on the 9th July ,,,,,,,well they have proved today they are complete and utter sharks who have no regard for any customers !!!

When I purchased the Range Rover part of it was financed through Land Rover Finance UK. I checked my bank account today to find that Land Rover Finance had taken a payment on the 19th July, I rang them to find out Barrets have not informed them the car had been returned and the finance needed to be cancelled !!! Land Rover Finance has told me that can't stop taking money from me or cancel the finance until Barrets contacts them !!! It shocks me totally as if I had found another Range Rover and applied for finance I would have been turned down and my credit rating would have been damaged !!

I have again contacted Land Rover UK by mail but you know what I don't think they care, they just let approved dealerships do as they like, f$%k customers over and don't give a f$£k !!!! Land Rover wake up and start making your supposed approved dealerships actually abide by your used program !!!!

To be continued but if any of you are looking for a 3 year old Range Rover don't buy the one Barrets have, its been damaged, hidden for a month and now back on their site for sale !!!!!

One very upset and pi££ed off customer who won't buy a Land Rover ever again !!!!

Post #485584 9th Aug 2018 9:04pm
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Assuming you pay by Direct debit, instruct your bank to recall the payment, and to be on the safe side tell LR finance to make sure not to note it on your credit file. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #485598 10th Aug 2018 6:12am
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Sadly, stopping the DD won't work. The Direct Debit guarantee doesn't work like that - all that would happen is that the Credit Reference agencies would flag for late possibly missing payments. - yes it would eventually be corrected but it will cause hassle in the mean time if another car was found quickly and credit applied for - it would either result in a higher APR or refusal outright. - Also believe it or not, the payee can re-instigate a direct debit if they provide evidence to your bank that monies are owed.

I'm afraid it is up to the dealership to cancel the agreement and to return the funds to the finance house.

What you could do is to write a letter to the dealership - advising them that if the agreement is not cancelled in timely fashion and any money owed returned, then you will charge them 20% above standard of that charged buy the finance house per month and an additional £x administration fee per communication to cover your efforts. Warn them that failure to pay the monies owed will also result in the franchise being reported to credit reference agencies (it works both ways!!) and that further failure may result in court action.

Copy all correspondence to the FCA.

Last edited by Fleagle_UK on 12th Aug 2018 5:45pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #485820 12th Aug 2018 5:23pm
Red Merle

United Kingdom 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aintree Green

What Fleagle said Thumbs Up Very Happy

PS: Don’t wait for a monthly statement, get a banking App for you phone and these thing (like DD’s) can be checked in real time.

PPS: Highly recommend that you involve the finance company in any serious disputes over a car at an early stage. You’ll find they can be your best ally and most powerful in most disputes if you involve them early Thumbs Up

Last edited by Red Merle on 12th Aug 2018 5:48pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #485822 12th Aug 2018 5:43pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

wow that sücks ! Evil or Very Mad All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #485823 12th Aug 2018 5:46pm
counter of beans

England 2012 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

That is incompetent at best and borderline fraudulent at worst. What total muppets they are!
I'm sure you'll get it sorted eventually, but what a pain in the wotsits for you. Fleagle's advice sounds spot on.

Post #485861 12th Aug 2018 10:08pm
gettingold

United Kingdom 

Wow, midnight run with some matches would make you feel better Whistle

Post #485897 13th Aug 2018 8:25am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

Fleagle_UK wrote:
Sadly, stopping the DD won't work. The Direct Debit guarantee doesn't work like that - .

I think it does. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #485936 13th Aug 2018 11:41am
Red Merle

Had you not been in touch with the finance company before?

As the agreement is between yourself and the finance company, not the dealer, the finance company have done nothing wrong by collecting the DD if no one's informed them that the car has been returned, let alone had their funds returned to them. Asking for the money back under the DD is going to be very optimistic...

Post #485959 13th Aug 2018 2:23pm
Robvader

United Kingdom 

I have been in touch with the finance company, as you say they cannot stop the finance or stop taking payments till Barrets contacts them, Barrets have rang and said they have returned the money to Land Rover finance, they even told me to stop the direct debit which I was told not to by Land Rover Finance until everything is settled. Yet again Barrets talking rubbish and not really caring about any customer !!!

Post #485961 13th Aug 2018 2:28pm
Red Merle

It's fair advice to keep the DD in place until it's sorted to save being in breach of a finance agreement, but slightly worrying if they are still awaiting the return of their funds (where's the money?!) and the dealer really needs to look at refunding you for your recent payment if it was made after the car was returned.

Post #485962 13th Aug 2018 2:36pm
Giantlandyman

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

error

Post #485996 13th Aug 2018 7:02pm
Robvader

United Kingdom 

Red Merle wrote:
It's fair advice to keep the DD in place until it's sorted to save being in breach of a finance agreement, but slightly worrying if they are still awaiting the return of their funds (where's the money?!) and the dealer really needs to look at refunding you for your recent payment if it was made after the car was returned.

I have kept the dd in place, I don't trust Barrets in the slightest ! I have been told by Land Rover Finance to contact the FCA which I am now going to do. Will keep you posted how this all goes. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Post #486014 13th Aug 2018 9:23pm
Red Merle

Yes please, keep us posted. I’m keen to see how this is sorted out.

Post #486017 13th Aug 2018 9:52pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Yes - keep us informed - fingers crossed it gets sorted quickly for you! Thumbs Up

Post #486049 14th Aug 2018 9:15am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1