Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > HDC/SUSP/STEERING
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
alfapat

Scotland 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Both front rings completely shot , skimmed on there surfaces by rust pushing them outwards from the driveshaft's outer seat, and also cracked. Hence the reads I've been getting , so will see what like after rebuild.

Post #486529 19th Aug 2018 8:34am
alfapat

Something still not right!
After complete rebuild of ABS System , sensors and abs rings there is something thhe system is not happy with . Iget the three amigos , clear down faults turn the engine and system down , turn on again fine . Then go back in twenty minutes and everything at fault again. Its like all the ecus are not speaking , faults if I can recollect are front right and left signal plausibility. rear left plausibility, Ebv , abs ecu , can bus , suspension etc . so is it needing a learning.Can clear as I say and everything fine.

Post #486678 20th Aug 2018 7:25pm
alfapat

Has anyone found this to be a problem: http://rangerover.x10host.com/l322/tb/LM20...0Fault.pdf

Found this in Technical Bulletins, will have to have a look.

Post #486828 22nd Aug 2018 9:48am
alfapat

Well stripped down the wiring from main connector on abs module and while I was doing this thought , there is nothing wrong wth this , tested continuity on earth wires to ground on and off the grounding and absoloutly fine.Put it all back together and same amigos.
As I cleared the abs system codes or got near them on the diagnostic they disappeared, crafty I thought , went for small field run , all well. I then went a little faster in a short burst and the lights came back on , and I noticed that the speedo was showing only 15 mph , definitely was faster than that !! So as someone has said on here, should I be using genuine sensors ? Why do companies sell cheaper versions if they are going to give problems I ask , if this is the cause then I am looking at more money , assuming its the left rear that monitors speed. All four sensors are the cheaper versions by the way , I know that someone has said that I should buy genuine , but until I can prove they are to blame , I am reluctant, especially when they are not specific in fault codes.

Post #486892 23rd Aug 2018 7:48am
alfapat

So after a few runs after I clear faults I get the the three amigos come up at roughly 30mph , what the fault is saying is 0xBD EBV function fault received from ABS ECU.can someone tell me what the EBV is please.

Post #486986 24th Aug 2018 8:55am
Joe90

England 

This is usually a fault that is ever present and can be ignored (according to GAP), I always had it on my TD6....

Quote:
We’ve seen this fault on other vehicles also. It may disappear after a while (when a clear fault is done of course). Check your ABS ECU’s fault to see if there is something in there, if not, leave it alone.
Experience is the only genuine knowledge, but as time passes, I have forgotten more than I can remember Wink
Volvo V70 P2 2006 2.4 Petrol 170bhp Estate SE
MG Midget Mk1 1962

Previous: L322 Range Rover TDV8 3.6 2008; L322 Range Rover TD6 3.0 2002; P38A Range Rover V8 1999

Post #486989 24th Aug 2018 10:20am
alfapat

Yeah , I can’t ignore it if all the usual associated faults show up on the dash and abs , live values , cruise etc stop working when I reach 30mph and no separate clues show. When I go to the abs/ecu and press for faults the dash lights etc. disappears and Gap says no faults but EBV ?

Post #486993 24th Aug 2018 10:51am
John w

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Barolo Black

EBV is electronic brake-force distribution. Yeah I know the initials don't match, but that's what it is, functionally.
Basically modulation of the brake force to the rear wheels based on load. Cars without ride height sensors per corner have a single rear load sensor.

It's all done by the abs control module, not a seperate unit.

I don't know much (anything) about the fault you have on your L322.
What I can tell you is on other makes of cars this fault can be influenced by the brake pedal switch, and steering angle sensor, not only the abs and height sensors. Abs won't work properly if it doesn't know when / how much you have applied the brakes. The steering angle is necessary to determine how to modulate pressure between left / right for stability control.
Either of these can trigger a fault which includes if your steering is off due to poor tracking adjustment, not just bad sensors.

Might be worth showing the live values of the ride height sensors and abs sensors using your obd tool, see if it gives any clues.
Hope that helps. Too many toys, not enough time

2011 4.4 TDV8 AB Black

Post #487035 24th Aug 2018 6:12pm
alfapat

Many thanks for replying, unfortunately live values don’t work even up to the point where the faults appear once cleared at 30mph. I have moved the suspension up and down with the Gap so no worries there. I think speed values are not being computed with cheaper sensors , unless you have read back , I have replaced all the abs rings on the driveshafts . I can’t believe that cheaper or indeed genuine L/R sensors make the differences .

Post #487060 24th Aug 2018 8:26pm
alfapat

Bad news or good news , I sent the abs ecu away for testing and they found no fault , so its back to the drawing board so to speak!
Really back in a corner here, so more testing.

Post #488243 7th Sep 2018 9:01am
alfapat

Apart from a bulletin that I saw on repairing the wiring loom on a RR /L322 to the ABS multiplug, I didnt understand the method of physically dismantking the ABS PLUG attached .
Can anyone suggest a link on how you pull it apart, I need to check the pin connections inside. Am I missing something , Itried the two blue tabs and it aint budging !

.http://rangerover.x10host.com/l322/tb/LM206-001v2 ABS Modulator Connection Fault.pdf

OK sorted!

Post #488300 7th Sep 2018 4:36pm
alfapat

I have now replaced the plug and wiring harness and still getting faults, mainly susp/ebv function from ecu,hdc etc.
Now live values of speed sensors show in transfer case but not off abs ecu., but somehow they are signalling values. Steering angle calibrated fine.So back to the main faults and none of them clear.

I put on another diagnostic to double check things (lucky , lucky me having this!) haha. So this shows no abs faults, steering faults , or susp. faults.Only fault error is canbus , which ties in with GAP diagnostic. It also shows live speed values , all working.

After live values I went back in and I get three plausibility faults with wheel sensors . This is out of the blue and now putting GAP tool back in, it matches the VDO CONTYSCAN. One other fault which I dont know what its telling me, is a fault with a valve relay , can someone know what this is , it is not shown on abs wiring diagrams. Can this be my clue ?

Post #488906 14th Sep 2018 5:31pm
alfapat

Does anyone know if a BMW abs sensor is the same as Landrovers' They can be so much cheaper , I feel that genuine sensors is the only anwer to my problems so if most of the components are BWW derived I figured that could be worth knowing as an alternative.

Post #489009 16th Sep 2018 9:14am
dingg1

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

I realise you have probably done this but make double sure you have fitted the correct part number abs speed sensors , they change between various models and the clowns who sell on ebay WILL tell you they fit your car well they do but have different resistances and bring in the faults you're having.

I went through something similar as you're going through and the issue was an incorrect abs sensor had been fitted , my car went to well know independent up here in ncl and they failed to diagnose correctly and wanted to sell me a new abs module.

The fault was eventually traced to an incorrect rear wheel speed sensor purchased from ebay. Swapped out for the correct one all the issues were sorted , but in the meantime I'd wasted lots of time , effort and much head scratching and the potential for an unwarranted 2k bill.

Post #489011 16th Sep 2018 10:10am
alfapat

Yes , your right I noticed there is a 5 in front of the zeros for the same part . The later L322 has this and sell much cheaper than early ones , Sod’s law. I bought ###mers cheaper option and now that I have exhausted every thing else which included testing abs module and new reluctor rings , I’m stuck with forking out big bucks for the real McCoy! ##sed off to say the least.

Post #489014 16th Sep 2018 11:06am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>