Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > CD Multi Changer
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
texaspete

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue
CD Multi Changer

Hi All,

Got my 2005 L322 on Friday. Reading the manuals, it says the CD multi changer will read MP3s.
Made a disk and put it on. I've got the Clarion CD Changer, in the glove box.
Problem is, it still shows no cartridge installed. Tried it in and out a few times but noting. Power is to the Changer as it ejects the cartridge.
Any one have any ideas?

Also,

I had a Jag X308 a few years ago. There was a mod to wire audio input (RCA) into the CD changer so you can play music through the factory system. Is this something that can be done with this system?

Finally, my entertainment system is quite well stocked: Bluetooth, TV tuner, Venture Cam. Is there anything I can do to upgrade the TV tuner as its only analogue? Are there any other items I can install? I've seen a DVD unit that sits in the boot.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

Post #489041 16th Sep 2018 6:47pm
PaulTyrer

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Epsom Green

Was it working before you put the MP3 disc in? The system does play MP3 as I have made some discs and they play ok. Sounds like it could be an issue with the cd player itself.
When you insert the cartridge don't touch anything until it's finished it's cycle of loading all the cds in.

Post #489063 17th Sep 2018 7:27am
mpirie

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

If you haven't tried already, put an ordinary audio CD into the cartridge and see if it plays.

If it does, then the chances are that the player is okay, but the format of the MP3 CD's you're trying to use may be wrong.

From memory, when an MP3 cd was inserted that wouldn't play, the message I got was that there was no disc inserted.

I found that the drive was sensitive to the blank CD's used......especially the size (Mb).

Like Paul says, you need to let the drive load/unload all discs before it will start playing.

Mike

PS. I'm sure I saw a thread about using MP3 CD's.....try a search above.

Post #489069 17th Sep 2018 8:27am
PaulTyrer

That's just reminded me! I'm pretty certain that one or two of the music cd's I made were from albums purchased through iTunes. These I think were protected (M4P) and I had to convert them to 'normal' MP3 format files.

https://itube.aimersoft.com/download-mp3/h...o-mp3.html

Post #489075 17th Sep 2018 9:14am
Weegie

Scotland 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

I found that I needed to burn the mp3 discs as "data" rather than "music" to get them to play. John
2008 Stornoway Grey 3.6 Tdv8 Vogue
2005 TD6 Java Black Vogue - Written off!!
GAP iiD BT
2003 Discovery TD5 Auto, Nanocom Evolution - gone to a new home!
MasseyFerguson 152 - No electronics!! - Sold

Post #489082 17th Sep 2018 9:59am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

its down to how you burn the discs and the format that you put the music on them.

they will work, but from memory you need to make a data disc as said. If you are going from iTunes then quite a lot of that music is in AAC or Flac so won't automatically work. It needs to be in MP3 so you will need to convert it.

This in itself if easy as iTunes has a converter built in, but you end up with 2 copies of everything. So its worth while you are doing it moving the copies to somewhere else and arange in albums.

The Apple MP3 converter may not be readily visible as you may have the software set up to import in a different format. If o go to iTunes preferences > general > import settings then choose MP3 from the dropdown menu. You should then see MP3 in the File > Convert menu.

Then just drag the copy album folders to the CD and let it burn.

Its pretty easy but not as easy as putting a disc in and telling iTunes to make MP3 CD. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammeršŸ˜œšŸ˜œ
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #489119 17th Sep 2018 4:32pm
texaspete

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Buckingham Blue

Only just brought the Fatty.
Tried both normal CD and MP3 but no luck.
When I click the cartridge in, there is no sounds that you would expect to hear, like loading discs in and out. Then when I press eject, nothing happens so the cartridge is stuck. It eventually releases but not while your waiting.
I'm guessing the changer is kaput!

Post #489121 17th Sep 2018 4:43pm
PaulTyrer

There is some info here about how to remove the CD cassette.

http://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-r...med-2.html

And this in particular

Found this old thread while searching for a solution to the same problem (CD cartridge stuck, no eject button light, no sound of it whirring and trying to work ā€“ appears absolutely dead, screen says ā€œNo discsā€ or may say ā€œNo magazineā€). And solved my problem in 60 seconds ā€“ great, guys, thanks! This was after my dealer couldnā€™t immediately fix and said I would need to book the car in for a whole day to have it all changedā€¦.

A few further pointers for anyone else: I managed to solve it simply, without the disassembly of the changer, by sliding a steel rule under the cartridge as suggested in post 7; you need to make sure the rule is far enough in (see the picture in post 4 which was really helpful) and then move from right to left slowly and firmly. I donā€™t think a credit card is a good idea ā€“ it didnā€™t work for me anyway - it may be too thick and also not long enough to allow you a good handhold, risking the card getting lost inside. Once the catch is tripped by the steel rule it ejects.

You need to wait for each CD to load or unload before hitting the CD change button again ā€“ telling it to do another before itā€™s finished just causes it to jam.

Finally, and related to that, Iā€™d also add: when you load or unload the cartridge, allow all the discs from the stack to move across to/from player and cartridge. Youā€™ll hear at least six whirrs and clicks, and maybe more if you wait as it seems to self-adjust any faulty ones. It takes 15-30 seconds - donā€™t touch ANYTHING while itā€™s doing that until itā€™s been silent for ten seconds! The main thing to remember is: This is old technology and (a bit like this old driver) doesnā€™t like to be hurried.

End result ā€“ my ten year old changer is back working in my 100,000 mile Rangie for zero cost .

Post #489196 18th Sep 2018 8:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1