Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > A group of sudden error messages. HDC, transmission, etc.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
forrey

Canada 2009 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

dingg1 wrote:
My ediff motor is goosed at the moment , none of those faults appear apart from traction control message fault , IMO wheel speed sensor is the culprit , needs code reading but all those faults can be attributed to one gone u/s

Seems you were lucky then ? mine came up with every warning light and system problem , because there is a fault and the computer cannot receive signals it goes mad

Post #489488 21st Sep 2018 6:26pm
dingg1

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

I guess it may depend on the type of failure thats occurred.

But no issues thus far after 1000 miles

Post #489490 21st Sep 2018 6:32pm
forrey

Canada 2009 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

cool beans Very Happy mine was ok after having all the codes reset , but still waiting for diff motor to arrive .

Post #489491 21st Sep 2018 6:43pm
Nick591

United Kingdom 

So the local garage replaced the drivers side MAPT sensor and after clearing the codes found that all the errors went away and the car was back to normal. They took it for a test drive and no faults were logged. So we're on the road again!
Using the car in the last couple of days has revealed that the same 'Engine System Fault' error comes up occasionally but that is as it was. Without reading the codes again I cannot tell which bank it relates to but it is probably the same error as before on the driver's side.
Speaking of reading codes does anyone have an code reading tool they are not using or have a recommendation as to which one to get for this vehicle? I have read various reports but recommendations would be helpful.
thanks, Nick Previously a 2008MY Tonga Green Vogue SE 3.6 TDV8

Post #490287 29th Sep 2018 9:25am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Re the engine system fault.

My 3.6 threw that a couple of times, prior to the top inter cooler hoses going. Worth whipping them off to have a look see if one has split. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #490292 29th Sep 2018 9:56am
Nick591

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that - I have heard of it before. My mechanic and I have done smoke tests on the system and found no hose leaks but I will check them again just to be sure. Previously a 2008MY Tonga Green Vogue SE 3.6 TDV8

Post #490294 29th Sep 2018 10:15am
stu1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Nick591 wrote:

Speaking of reading codes does anyone have an code reading tool they are not using or have a recommendation as to which one to get for this vehicle? I have read various reports but recommendations would be helpful.
thanks, Nick

IIDTool Bluetooth - highly recommended (I have no affiliation with the company, but over the 4.5 years I've owned one it has repaid the purchase cost many times over).
https://www.gap-diagnostic.com

Post #490295 29th Sep 2018 10:30am
northernmonkeyjones

United Kingdom 2016 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Santorini Black

Hose splits under the webbing on the passenger side hose. You can’t see it unless you take it off and pull back the webbing. 5 min job with a small spanner. There is nothing that can't be fixed with a hammer😜😜
FFRR 4.4 SDV8 Autobiography Santorini Black.
Fiat 500x 1.4 multiair Lounge 2015
2010 LR D4 Commercial 2.7 TDV6

Post #490299 29th Sep 2018 10:47am
Nick591

United Kingdom 

I now have the IID Tool. Very impressive. I am getting various errors at different times to do with open circuit and short circuit and high resistance on the bank A map sensor. These appear to be then leading to all the other errors. I have long suspected that there is a problem with the quality of the electrical connections on the sensor plug. It would also explain why the car ran perfectly for a while when I put dielectric grease on the connector. It would also explain why the 'engine system fault' detects an error in the reading between the map sensor and the turbo boost. If the sensor voltage is wrong it would not give the right values.
Fitting a new map sensor has not made any difference and it bears out the fact that the bigger list of errors started after the last time I messed about with the Map sensor connector.
So now I am going to investigate that connector properly and see if I can ensure that the contacts are making a really solid connection.
Does anyone know how to get hold of a wiring diagram for the L322? I want to know where the wires from the Map sensor go and also which wire is which in terms of power, ground and signal.
Thanks. Previously a 2008MY Tonga Green Vogue SE 3.6 TDV8

Post #491819 10th Oct 2018 10:39pm
Nick591

United Kingdom 

General update on this for reference. The mixed batch of error codes were caused by poor electrical connection on one or more of the pins of the drivers side MAPT sensor. Further 'adjustment' of the plug's 4 pin receptacles by squeezing them together a bit to give a more definite connection has solved the problem. I have also used a small cable tie to ensure the plug is held fully home on the sensor. As the pins on the sensor are tapered a slight movement away from the sensor would enough to give a poor connection. IID tool gave various sensor related warnings including open circuit and high resistance.
Hope this helps. Previously a 2008MY Tonga Green Vogue SE 3.6 TDV8

Post #493518 24th Oct 2018 10:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12