Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Low Aux In Volume Issue. Looking for a solution.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gyre8

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Tonga Green
Low Aux In Volume Issue. Looking for a solution.

Thanks DMRR. I have tried a couple of BT receivers plugged into the Aux In, although not the one you linked to.

I find anything I plug into the Aux In results in low volume from the sound system.

So I turn the volume up to compensate, with the result that if I switch back to the Radio (or use satnav or take a voice call), the volume is then frighteningly loud.

I have to quickly scrabble to turn the volume down to a comfortable level.

Basically, I'm searching for a solution that allows me to play my phone music or Spotify, etc at a similar level to the Radio volume - so I can comfortably switch between input sources. I don't think there is anyway to adjust the gain or volume specifically for the Aux In itself.

I've also tried FM transmitters, but I find the sound quality poor. I've tried a direct cable connection to the phone - again low volume. And yes, I do have the volume on the phone turned to max.

Can you comment on the volume level versus the Radio on the device you linked to please?

Happy to learn of any other solutions that solve the above problem.

Many thanks

Last edited by Gyre8 on 19th Oct 2018 8:09pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #492935 19th Oct 2018 6:52pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

Have you tried turning the volume up on your phone rather than the car? Worked for me. Thumbs Up

Post #492949 19th Oct 2018 7:45pm
mark35gun

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Santorini Black

i have the same issue, i am sure i have seen somewhere an amp for the aux cable, very small maybe 25mmx25mm, i am not sure where i have seen it though, i think on here but cant remember, it did have a photo that's where i have guessed the size from, it may be a solution to the problem, maybe someone else with much more knowledge and a better memory can help!
i have tried a search but didnt come up with much Question 2011 4.4 tdv8 autobiography black
2006 td6 vogue buckingham blue
2000 p38 Holland&Holland gone, best car i ever had
1998 p38 vogue oslo blue gone
1998 50th edition v8 defender gone
1997 200 tdi defender red gone
1995 4.6 defender 90 green gone

Post #493246 22nd Oct 2018 1:52pm
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Hi,

I make sure (remember here that I am using Android Pie (9)) that my bluetooth media volume is set to pretty much full volume. Android 9 allows different settings per bluetooth device rather cunningly. Therefore turning up Spotify does NOT turn up media from the phone etc.

Once volume is set like that I find switching to radio etc is not that much different. I have no hiss, no crackle, nothing - just music. I had the same when I used an iPod plugged in directly (headphone out to aux in). Please bear in mind I have used the aux socket (iPod solution) in my (now dead) 2006 and my (new to me) 2009 Westminster and nothing was different. I only switched to BT because I wanted to use Spotify. I have posted a link in a previous thread for the inexpensive kit I used to solve that problem! Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #493255 22nd Oct 2018 2:55pm
nicedayforit

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Giverny Green

Just a thought, which type of phone are you using ? If iPhone there are a couple of app settings you can check / alter to make the sound output level increase which in turn would increase the aux sound level.

Post #493262 22nd Oct 2018 3:40pm
Gyre8

England 2006 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

Thanks for the recent responses.

I'm using an Huawei P20 Pro running Android Pie (9). Yes I have cranked up the Bluetooth volume for the Aux In BT Device to max. As well as the P20 Pro's generic volume.

I have also cranked up the gain in the music player I use (Music Player Pro full version).

Non of the above has changed anything. I.E. If I have the radio on at normal volume and then switch to Aux In, no sound is heard unless I crank up the headunit volume. Of course this means that if I switch back to radio, the volume level is unbearable.

Things to try next:

Different male to male audio cable:
Different Android music player app:
Android apps which increase output volume from device (eg. Volume Sound Maximiser):

Post #493287 22nd Oct 2018 7:32pm
mark35gun

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Santorini Black

mine is exactly the same i have everything turned up full but have to turn up the volume on the head unit, and yes you're right
if you switch back to the radio it is exceptionally loud, first time i did it i nearly Censored myself Laughing
i am sure i saw the little amplifier board on here somewhere, i think the jist of it is it replaces the 3.5mm jack obviously add power to it and bingo, i didn't notice if the board had a "pot" to adjust the input to set the gain the same as the cd/radio, but i guess it would work fine, if you can find it.
perhaps that same function is built into the system somewhere, amp maybe? 2011 4.4 tdv8 autobiography black
2006 td6 vogue buckingham blue
2000 p38 Holland&Holland gone, best car i ever had
1998 p38 vogue oslo blue gone
1998 50th edition v8 defender gone
1997 200 tdi defender red gone
1995 4.6 defender 90 green gone

Post #493292 22nd Oct 2018 8:19pm
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Gyre8 wrote:

Different male to male audio cable:
Different Android music player app:
Android apps which increase output volume from device (eg. Volume Sound Maximiser):

I plug in direct - no extension cables. Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #493329 23rd Oct 2018 8:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1