Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Ezi DAB install - easiest route from rear entertainment to
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
JPJ64

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey
Ezi DAB install - easiest route from rear entertainment to

So I’m about halfway through installing an Alpine Ezi DAB in my FF. After dismantling most of the dash I have the controller mounted on the dash, and the lead fed back to the centre cubby. Now I need to get my DAB antenna wire from the rear entertainment compartment to the same location (along with a permanent live).
What’s the simplest route, I’m thinking around the spare wheel compartment and then under the carpet, but is there a simpler route?
Also, I’m thinking of picking up the permanent live from the unused trailer socket wiring as this is convenient and doesn’t involve stripping the rear fuse box, anybody think this is a bad idea?

Post #477693 7th May 2018 6:41pm
JPJ64

So to answer my own question, I found a route behind the the rear wheel arch trim, down to the sill cover, and then across under the carpet and underlay to the centre cubby.

Install is complete and I’m very happy with the results.

Post #478181 12th May 2018 6:36pm
ptaroni

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Thinking about fitting dab addon to mine but cant decide where to put the display.. have you got a picture of where you put yours? Thanks 2004 td6 l322 - gone
Now 2007 tdv8 l322

Post #496958 28th Nov 2018 8:37pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Take a look here

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic17064.html?highlight=“ezidab” Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #497011 29th Nov 2018 11:52am
JPJ64

I actually copied Alan-m3 positioning and use of the Brodit clip.

Click image to enlarge

I mounted the Apline box down the side of the centre cubby bin with some stick on cable tie clips and cable ties. I routed one power supply from the rear fuse box (unswitched) and used the cigar lighter socket supply in the bottom of the cubby (for the switched supply) and removed the socket and replaced it with a USB socket.
Click image to enlarge

I also removed the old Nokia phone cradle, and my old iPod classic now lives in the space, connected to the Ezi-DAB via the new USB socket.
Click image to enlarge

At the moment, the Ezi-DAB is just plugged into the rear aux port via the air vent at the bottom of the centre cubby as I couldn’t work out the four wire arrangement on the aux socket itself. That’s a sort of ongoing project that I’ll get around to eventually.

I mounted the DAB aerial on the rear side window as I didn’t fancy disturbing the airbag in the A pillar. This may have been a mistake though as my reversing camera has now become extremely intermittent and very grainy on those few occasions when it does work. Also, the reception is terrible so I may look to reposition this to the windscreen, but as I mainly use the unit to listen to the iPod, there is no rush.

Post #498264 12th Dec 2018 12:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1