Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L405) > L405 FBH Telestart Receiver Fob Pairing - Solved
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Phil.

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

JCW - the fob programming instructions I found on the LandyZone forum said ‘on powering up the FBH receiver, simultaneously press and hold the OFF button until the light flashes (at least 10 seconds)’

Would be interested to know if/how you managed to program the fob. MY23 D350 HSE
On my 7th RR plus various other JLR vehicles

Post #498732 15th Dec 2018 2:28pm
Phil.

I've answered my own questions, and a few more, by reading the Webasto manual (link below).

Up to 4 fobs can be programmed and they stay programmed after each system reset to program the next fob.

I've also bought a new fob off ebay for £45. It has the Jaguar logo on it, which seemed to reduce the price compared with a RR branded fob.

https://www.webasto-comfort.com/fileadmin/...rt-t91.pdf MY23 D350 HSE

Post #498802 16th Dec 2018 11:17am
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black

These are the instructions I followed per page 22, but no joy in pairing on my L405, programmed a few using the same method on my L322's no problem at all.

Post #498803 16th Dec 2018 11:23am
Phil.

I suppose it could be a problem with the fob? I’ll let you know how I get on when my new fob arrives. MY23 D350 HSE

Post #498807 16th Dec 2018 12:52pm
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Errrr....why not just leave the heating fob with your main fob/keys ? Question Question

incidentally - the syncing/programming of the 405 remote heating fobs still seems to be a mystery. what is definite is that the L322 method does not work.

Post #499119 19th Dec 2018 11:13am
Phil.

.....because I dislike carrying around unnecessary items in my pocket.

Until LR made the change to their InControl App, for unknown reasons, I could operate the FBH from anywhere i.e. before getting off a train. Now though all I can do is start the engine, which doesn't provide sufficient heat to clear the windscreen of ice, for example. If I were able to switch on the heated screen and (say) the heated seats, once the engine had started, then that would be great. But as usual LR have made a detrimental backward step.

Interestingly, I have just returned from dropping my RR off for its first service. The drop-off was arranged for 9am and with a wait for someone to see me, it took until 9.30am to hand over the key and sign a form. Plus they had quoted for a 3-year service plan on the phone when booking the service to be completed when I arrived. The plan wasn't ready and when I asked to see the plan they produced a completely different set of figures than those quoted over the phone. They accepted the figures had changed and then made up a ridiculous excuse. They lost a sale.

Having experienced Mercedes and Volvo levels of customer service, along with their unreliable overpriced products, its no wonder that LR sales are falling rapidly. After 5 RR's and multiple other JLR vehicles, I will definitely be looking at other marques next time I swap.

Rant over Smile MY23 D350 HSE

Post #499124 19th Dec 2018 11:28am
Fleagle_UK

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Luxor

Off Topic

I have to agree. We are on our 5th JLR car and in all honestly will most likely be our last. The levels of poor service by numerous dealers (for sales and servicing) is beyond belief and the reliabilty has got worse with each car bought. LR need to shake up the franchises and LR themselves need a damn good rethink. Im sure they are blaming the down turn in sales as external market forces/ macro economic influences or seasonal at best and there maybe some truths in that but poor customer satisfaction surely is a factor they can do something about and much more quickly.

Post #499125 19th Dec 2018 11:51am
Charles89

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Scotia Grey

Sorry for the delayed response.

One key thing missing, you are supposed to first remove the battery from the remote and leave for 10 mins. Then re-insert the battery and follow the pairing process. Apologies I missed this out. That is what I did and everything works for me now.

Post #499147 19th Dec 2018 2:10pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 

Does this work for the L405 Eberspacer type remotes then?

The L322/L320 Webasto system isn't compatible with the L405 as far as I know.

Post #499157 19th Dec 2018 2:33pm
PLOG

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Orkney Grey

Charles89 wrote:
One key thing missing, you are supposed to first remove the battery from the remote and leave for 10 mins. Then re-insert the battery and follow the pairing process. Apologies I missed this out. That is what I did and everything works for me now.

Charles89, can you confirm you used the method from the first page of this thread? i.e. pulled the yellow 20A fuse from the smaller fuse box in the rear loadspace area and this worked okay? Does your remote look like the one pictured above?

I’m still having trouble, I even bought two different remotes and no joy with either. If I know it definitely works, I’ll persist, but nothing’s happening each time. Any help/info is appreciated. Thumbs Up

Post #499237 20th Dec 2018 7:11am
Charles89

Yes indeed. However, if your FBH is not coded to have remote start then the module for the antenna won't be active. Do you have an IID Tool to check the coding?

Post #499241 20th Dec 2018 9:02am
PLOG

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV6 Orkney Grey

I don’t, Charles, but I do have the build/spec sheet for my car and it says “park heat with remote”, so I’m assuming this means it does have the ability. Unless I’m mistaken?

Post #499242 20th Dec 2018 9:06am
Phil.

Update. I bought a new fob (like the one in the photo above but with the Jaguar logo) from eBay for £45.

Having ripped out the side wall of the boot I found there is only one fuse box (no smaller fuse box). They must have changed it for the MY17.

The MY17 FBH fuse is now located in the passenger foot well behind the glove box. It is fuse no. 27 and is 5A.

I followed the Webasto programming instructions (link in post above P22), remembering to remove the fob battery for more than 10 mins beforehand, and it programmed immediately.

Success! MY23 D350 HSE

Post #499254 20th Dec 2018 12:34pm
JCW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Sumatra Black

I too have now successfully paired my fob Thumbs Up

Mines a MY14 and it was fuse 1 (5a) in the fuse box behind the glovebox, method as already described. Paired first time, my fob is exactly per the one pictured above.

So although there is a 20a fuse in the rear luggage compartment area (described as Fuel Fired Booster Heater in the handbook) I presume removing it doesn't disable power to the FBH receiver, as required for the pairing procedure.

Post #499257 20th Dec 2018 1:13pm
Charles89

Yes that means you have the ability yes Thumbs Up

Well done everyone who got it working Very Happy I am sure it will be very handy for the winter, and also if this "beast from the east" actually hits us. I'm all prepared with snow tyres fitted

Post #499295 21st Dec 2018 6:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>