Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > 6 yr Anti Corrosion warranty
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
6 yr Anti Corrosion warranty

Briefly questioned the dealer about the anti corrosion warranty and found it's 6 years. I also have the rust in the wheelarches and also one of the side panels has bubbling under the paint which I think is appalling for a car of it's age. When I pick it up later I am apparently to talk to the service mgr about it. I got the impression the warranty has about as much chance of being upheld as a loose pair of frenchmans trousers.

Watch this space.

Has anyone claimed on this warranty successfully? Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #58062 1st Apr 2011 9:37am
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

If you have used any car wash materials that are not LR approved then you have probably lost your anti-corrosion warranty................ 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on 1st Apr 2011 10:00am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #58066 1st Apr 2011 9:44am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

from the manual....the body panels needed to be checked annually by a landrover dealer and it needs to be recorded in the service book...and its only free if you have it done at the time of a main service..

so i wouldnt hold out much hope.. ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #58067 1st Apr 2011 9:45am
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

You're right, it is shockingly bad. At least the classic had the decency to wait 10+ years before turning back to its natural state!
You only need to look at an old BMW car to get an idea of what ours will look like in a few years time - peeling laquer, rusty arches and loose rubber trim.

LR's warranty used to be called an "Anti Perforation Warranty" but I see they've changed it to Corrosion. The warranty is the same though - basically you can only claim if there is a hole in the bodywork:

Anti-corrosion warranty

Should any part of the bodywork of the vehicle be perforated by rust corrosion, the panels affected by the perforation will be repaired or replaced by any Land Rover dealer/Authorised Repairer, completely free of charge, regardless of any change in vehicle ownership.

The anti-corrosion warranty begins at the same time as the vehicle warranty and continues for a period of six years.

The term 'perforation' means a hole that penetrates through the bodywork caused by corrosion from the inside or underside as a result of faulty manufacture or materials.

Post #58070 1st Apr 2011 9:49am
nick h

2005 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Tonga Green

dan_uk_1984 wrote:
You're right, it is shockingly bad. At least the classic had the decency to wait 10+ years before turning back to its natural state!
You only need to look at an old BMW car to get an idea of what ours will look like in a few years time - peeling laquer, rusty arches and loose rubber trim.

LR's warranty used to be called an "Anti Perforation Warranty" but I see they've changed it to Corrosion. The warranty is the same though - basically you can only claim if there is a hole in the bodywork:

Anti-corrosion warranty

Should any part of the bodywork of the vehicle be perforated by rust corrosion, the panels affected by the perforation will be repaired or replaced by any Land Rover dealer/Authorised Repairer, completely free of charge, regardless of any change in vehicle ownership.

The anti-corrosion warranty begins at the same time as the vehicle warranty and continues for a period of six years.

The term 'perforation' means a hole that penetrates through the bodywork caused by corrosion from the inside or underside as a result of faulty manufacture or materials.

as we discussed this morning its a waste of time/effort Sad

as i told you i have a few bubbles appearing on the tailgate bottom 'edge' - when i get the bonnet resprayed next week my bodyshop is going to sort it for an extra £40 Thumbs Up

Post #58086 1st Apr 2011 10:27am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Apparently if all the service stamps are main dealers and they all did the Anti corrosion checks then LR will pay to have the complete panel resprayed and give it a multi year warranty on the work.

Found out the dealer lied about one of the stamps in my service book, its not a LR Dealer at all. Censored .

Oh well, its very minor, maybe it will never surface or get worse. Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #58168 1st Apr 2011 5:36pm
pretlove

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

my old merc ml had a 12 year anti corrosion warrenty and all they ask is that its the origional paintwork ...the warrenty land rover offer doesnt seem to be worth the paper its wrote on "RANGEISM WILL NOT BE TOLERATED"
www.futuresecurityservices.co.uk
Pretlove says , '' I want my car back Sad "

Post #58177 1st Apr 2011 6:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1