Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > L322 Locked door
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
AlastairA

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue
L322 Locked door

Hi All,
I have searched forums across the internet to see if I can find a solution to my door lock problem. I have an L322 from 2004 and the passenger (NSF) door lock has stopped working and remains in the "superlocked" position. I have a replacement lock in hand but how on earth am I going to get the door card off with the door locked shut?! I've found lots of information on door card removal - with the door open - but I can neither operate it from the inside or outside handle. My question is - is there any way of getting to the lock so that I don't have to butcher the door card? Also, if I do get to the lock, how do I get it to let go of the catch?
Also, I've checked most fuses etc to do with the central locking but came across a "front door control unit" listed on Ebay. Anyone know where this lives so that I might check the contacts?
Thanks!!

Post #58674 4th Apr 2011 9:43am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

have you tried operating the lock unlock button, or the remote lock unlock buttons with your finger pushed down hard at the same time on the sill button?

Mine did the same, and I managed to get it open that way. It seems that the factory lube dries out and there isn't enough power to overcome the resistance - I think the rubber seal that goes into the actuator dries out and creates friction on the operating rod.

Pushing down on the sill button seems to dislodge it free enough if the pressure is still on whilst you opperate the button. I then squirted silicone lube down the sill button hole and operated it 30 or 40 times. It seems to have solved the problem, as operating the lock has worked the lube down to the mechanism.

I haven't though had the door card off, so can't vouch 100% for my diagnosis and fix! it did work though Thumbs Up

Post #58717 4th Apr 2011 4:08pm
AlastairA

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Hi,
thanks for the response, I'l give it a go and see if it works. I did manage to get the dach button up and spraye/dribbled oil down the rod a while back. Usually when I've been mucking about with the lock I've been using the central locking button on the dash not the key fob. I understand that the key fob button deals with the "superlock". Thanks for the advice. Nice to know I'm not alone with this issue!

Post #58726 4th Apr 2011 4:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1