Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > front diff, rear diff and transfer box oil change
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
speedymarktd6

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black
front diff, rear diff and transfer box oil change

right hear goes hopefully the weekend im going to do the above would ppl be interested in a how to perhaps ?

front diff requires just under 1 litre of L/R oil @ a cost of about £20 per litre part no to follow

rear diff requires just over 1 litre of L/R oil @ a cost of about £20 per litre part no to follow

if you buy 2 litres of oil the combined front and rear cappacity will be 2 litres

transfer box requires just under 1 litre of L/R oil @ a cost of about £12 per litre part no to follow onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Last edited by speedymarktd6 on 6th Aug 2009 5:54pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #6693 5th Aug 2009 9:02pm
StevieH

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

I have made good use of the previous how to's posted so keep them coming. Just as a matter of interest, how often should the diff oils be changed or is it a lifetime sealed item like the gearbox Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #6696 6th Aug 2009 12:20am
speedymarktd6

L/R say that they are sealed for life and need no maintenance unless theres a leak BUT they have a fill plug and drain plug and for the time it takes about an hour all in with a tea break and the cheap cost involved i prefer just to drain the old out and put in new just for the little bit of peace of mind it gives and also i dont agree with all the sealed for life crap L/R dish out as oil will degrade , burn i.e go black and possibly go thick and gloopy and could be contaminated with water or filings offering less protection overall and lead to a whining diff and a big bill Thumbs Up onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #6734 6th Aug 2009 5:51pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Speedy',

Off topic I know but in your sig, do you mean the blood of Peasants i.e. poor people, or the blood of Pheasants i.e. the tasty game bird ?!! Mr. Green Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #6752 7th Aug 2009 10:40am
speedymarktd6

peasents are not seasonal unlike tasty game birds =year round fun Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter onto no6 Range Rover

Everyone needs a hobby

Post #6781 7th Aug 2009 10:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1