Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Question for MY2011 owners
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
scanner

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Zermatt Silver
Question for MY2011 owners

My car is model year 2010 with HDD satnav. the age of the map is 01052009. I would like to know what the version number of the map is for the later car if somebody can tell me. It seems that May 2009 is getting rather old to still be the current map, as RR allege.
TIA

Post #73763 26th Jul 2011 7:45am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

if it helps, us dvd users are using the 2009/2010 mapping at the moment but there is a 2011 map just come out...

Post #73773 26th Jul 2011 9:40am
Dixy

2016 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Loire Blue

That answers a question for me as I had noticed the absence of player in the boot. I presume you now have to go to the steeler for an update rather than purchasing a sensibly priced update from the interweb. letters not necessarily in the right order

Post #73783 26th Jul 2011 10:37am
scanner

Yes, the idea is that the stealer connects your car to a pc and uploads the latest map from Navteq. The oddity is however that on the Navteq website the latest map shown is 2009 for the MY2010 FFRR, whereas for the Disco 4 it shown as a 2010 map. This implies that the basic map data exists but that the transfer mechanism doesn't. This is a very odd state of afairs AFAICS.

I would also surmise that if the disco 4 medium is DVD, the problem that Navteq are wrestling with is how to ensure that no bootlegging goes on with downloads. In the meantime those of us with HDD based GPS systems have to put up with maps which are over two years old.

I have managed to get spectacularly lost in the endless Leeds East feeder road system which is one year old, and similarly failed to get on to a brand new motorway in the Basque country, thus adding one hour to my journey. Big Cry

Post #73784 26th Jul 2011 10:57am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

with the utmost respect scanner, when planning a journey you need 4 criteria, a sat nav, a map, an ability to read road signs and common sense...all to much these days peeps rely on just a sat nav , thats why they end up in deep water fords...
i'm not saying that you are one of these dorks and i have to admit that most of the time i to just put the postcode in and go ..

it must be very frustrating having purchased a very expensive vehicle to be let down by the navigation for which a £50 tomtom could do better..

Post #73786 26th Jul 2011 11:11am
scanner

I agree, I always plan a journey either through general geographical knowledge or a map. The problem comes however when you get down to the last 50Metres as in an urban motorway setup where the roads always seem to run in a counter intuitive direction.

I suspect there are hundreds of 'Marie Celests' running endlessly round the Leeds East Feeder hoping that one of the uncountably large options is the one they want. I did feel a bit better when the guy at the company I was visiting said that he had worked there 15 years and now with the new road scheme he still gets lost as there is only one chance to take the correct turn-off, and if you miss it you're Censored ed!

As for France, it's even worse as they are always changing the road designations, so both map and PPS are misleading.
C'est la vie, as they say Laughing

Post #73789 26th Jul 2011 12:00pm
Ajay(UK)

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

I have the answer to this as I was checking it in a 2011MY demo this morning and a brand new Supercharged in the showroom. Both of these cars had mapping data dated 2010501 - A year newer than mine Shocked

I understand the update is quite expensive but for now I will sit tight perhaps until 20120501 and then maybe upgrade. Although I'm not a great one for following the correct protocol regarding any software updates and this maybe no different Whistle

Andy. 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
SWMBO: 22MY Defender 110 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana Stone.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Gone: 2006MY Java Black TD6 Autobiography
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red with Ivory Seats
Gone: 2010MY Stornoway Grey TDV8 Vogue SE with RSE
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2003 Epsom Green 4.4i Vogue, LPG, Mk4 Nav, BMW Bluetooth Phone, Hybrid Tv Tuner,

Post #73791 26th Jul 2011 12:07pm
scanner

I was quoted 130 squid for the non-existant map upgrade. It's odd that Navteq themselves don't admit to the version you have seen. Maybe RR have moved away from Navteq?

Post #73798 26th Jul 2011 12:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1