Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Dash lights very dim and LED lights dim in roof
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

tell them you're reporting their progress on this forum, that might get a few spanners clinking..

Post #79835 8th Sep 2011 10:23am
Simes

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Autobiography Black TDV8 Barolo Black

scarey wrote:
tell them you're reporting their progress on this forum, that might get a few spanners clinking..

Laughing

I think I have more chance of divine intervention and the car mending itself and then re-assembling its own dash...

Latest is they have found the fault - in the left hand front door - that will be where I told them it was then. I knew this as they had done something inside the front left door prior to me buying it - and I knew this because the left hand mirror didn't fold...

I've suggested to the man paying for it that he haggles hard over this and considers telling them to take a hike with their bill...

Post #79837 8th Sep 2011 10:35am
Simes

Simes wrote:
scarey wrote:

Laughing

I think I have more chance of divine intervention and the car mending itself and then re-assembling its own dash...

Latest is they have found the fault - in the left hand front door - that will be where I told them it was then. I knew this as they had done something inside the front left door prior to me buying it - and I knew this because the left hand mirror didn't fold...

I've suggested to the man paying for it that he haggles hard over this and considers telling them to take a hike with their bill...

Well...

They reckoned that the LCM had been blown by the short (I thought that the whole point of MOSFETs was that they didn't blow in those conditions) and have fixed the fault and charged him £700. Personally I think he's been robbed and the dealer have let themselves down by taking so long, failing to ever ring back, failing to meet their own targets of time and leaving the car filthy.

Other than that, it's very pretty inside at night now. Reminds me of Blackpool.

Post #80019 9th Sep 2011 9:29am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

thats good news .... Thumbs Up

Post #80027 9th Sep 2011 10:35am
Simes

scarey wrote:

Yes. Even better now I've tightened up the battery clamps, tightened the torx screws at hold the top of the baseboard on, wiped the mucky fingerprints off the dash and facia and replaced the fuse box lid that was on the floor on the passenger side!

Trinity Land Rover in Hinckley - for when you want to pay for a quality job, but not get one!

Post #80051 9th Sep 2011 1:54pm
simon1233

United Kingdom 

Simes wrote:
scarey wrote:

Yes. Even better now I've tightened up the battery clamps, tightened the torx screws at hold the top of the baseboard on, wiped the mucky fingerprints off the dash and facia and replaced the fuse box lid that was on the floor on the passenger side!

Trinity Land Rover in Hinckley - for when you want to pay for a quality job, but not get one!

Never fails to amaze me that some garages leave the vehicles they have worked on in such an appalling condition. Only takes 5 minutes to clean up after themselves and they might have got some repeat business out of the process. Although reading your earlier posts I guess the lack of updates probably put you off using them again before you had to clean up after their mechanics...

Post #80057 9th Sep 2011 2:12pm
Simes

simon1233 wrote:
Simes wrote:
scarey wrote:

Never fails to amaze me that some garages leave the vehicles they have worked on in such an appalling condition. Only takes 5 minutes to clean up after themselves and they might have got some repeat business out of the process. Although reading your earlier posts I guess the lack of updates probably put you off using them again before you had to clean up after their mechanics...

Exactly - not only will never use them again, I'll make sure that everyone I know doesn't use them again too... And I know a lot of people with LR vehicles!

I generally use a mobile mechanic for anything I don't fancy doing myself. He's based in the west midlands somewhere, but travels all over and always does a brilliant job. Always charges a sensible amount too. I'm not sure if it's against rules to post his details on here, but if any one wants them I'll happily pass them on, he's done loads for me over the years and is 100% reliable and the work is superb.

Post #80061 9th Sep 2011 2:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123