Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Flat battery, FBH stopped working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
T24RES

United Kingdom 
Flat battery, FBH stopped working

Following the usual FBH/battery interface which meant it went flat following a cycle last week, this morning i tried again due to the frosty weather.
Pressed remote, nothing-nada-zip Big Cry
Turns out my remote had forgotten that it should be paired to my car, did the battery disconnect for 30 secs and pressed off button on remote when battery re-connected.
Normal FFRR service resumed Evil or Very Mad Big Cry Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #97198 12th Dec 2011 10:41am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

Laughing

the pleasures of owning a fullfat .. Wink ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #97201 12th Dec 2011 10:48am
JOKER

Scotland 

Still not used mine yet , thats what worries me the battery going flat ... Rolling Eyes ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #97203 12th Dec 2011 10:50am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

When you have a decent battery its fine, but otherwise its like russian roulette Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #97206 12th Dec 2011 10:58am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

the other thing is if you only do short journeys of 3 or 4 miles, the alternator will not be able to keep up with the current draw for a FBH, heated seats etc.

Plus if you open and close your car a few times between runs this absolutely kills the battery. Sounds daft but believe me it happens. An example being when you are away on holiday and return to the car to load or unload luggage to a holiday cottage, you can unlock your RR 5 or six times over the space of an hour or so and the battery will be goosed due to the ecu's sapping all the power, without the engine being on to recharge some of the lost power.

Other occasions I have also seen guns return to their cars over the space of a day for cartridges, coat, hat, change boots at lunch time etc and then try to start at the end of the day = result flatt battery.

Bloody annoying, why couldn't those idiotic LR designers design a system that doesn't draw power until the key is in the ignition.

LR if you are reading this forum for gods sake DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, its a regular occurance with lots of YOUR vehicles! And its costing you money because I personally know of several people who have changed to V10 Tourag's because of this problem.

Post #97467 13th Dec 2011 12:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1