Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Door Panels
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Paul Grainger

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver
Door Panels

I have removed both my front door panels on my 2005 Vogue to replace peeling electric window switches.

The job went OK until it became time to refit the panels. I just can't get the upper edge of the panel to properly locate into the window trim.

When I removed the panels, this was a perfect, tight fit. Now there is a gap between the door panel and the window trim, and when the door is being closed the trim can be seen to move slightly.

There are a number of clips that locate these two pieces of trim, however in order to get the door panel to properly locate into the clip, the panel has to be 'angled' in such a way that it would be impossible to fit.

Does anyone know how this job is supposed to be done? Its driving me mad!

Paul G

Post #24181 3rd Aug 2010 8:49pm
Ian Donkin

2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Probably a late answer for you now, but I did the drivers door in mine today for exactly the same reason...

When I bought the car the supplying (non-LR) dealer did the passenger side and left an uneven line across the door panel top / window trim line and I was determined not to repeat this. The method I used was to carefully line up the trim clips all the way around the door and then push one or two home at the bottom to hold things in place before returning to the top of the door and with the window down simply used hand strength to grip the door panel and window trim until they snapped back together.

The final result was a perfectly even joint across the top to the door panel although I had earlier stabbed a small screwdriver into my hand when taking the trim clips off the old window switch surround Big Cry.

Hope this helps.

Post #26127 21st Aug 2010 5:11pm
andyw

England 2002 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

Paul ive had that problem i got round it by doing the following

when you strip the door take the window trim off as well.

start the door panel at the bottom centre and work round each side evenly unlill you have plugged all the locator plugs in to the door correctly, line them up and be robust with them

drop the window all the way down before and make sure the panel is tight and secure and replace the bolt in the top right hand corner. make sure you have no bent clips or your door card will never be tight

take the window trim and marry up the male clips with the female in the gap between the door card and the window slot. carefuly push the male into the slots hard agaist the door metal (not the most obvious slots in the w clip but behind them )

make sure the trim is the right way round (or you have to start again) once the trim is located as above and push home robustly you will find that all componants touch and are a nice tight fit.

good luck in your quest Thumbs Up 02 Range Rover HSE Zambezie silver 4.4

Post #26134 21st Aug 2010 10:11pm
kb5

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Giverny Green
Re: Door Panels

Paul Grainger wrote:
I have removed both my front door panels on my 2005 Vogue to replace peeling electric window switches.

The job went OK until it became time to refit the panels. I just can't get the upper edge of the panel to properly locate into the window trim.

When I removed the panels, this was a perfect, tight fit. Now there is a gap between the door panel and the window trim, and when the door is being closed the trim can be seen to move slightly.

There are a number of clips that locate these two pieces of trim, however in order to get the door panel to properly locate into the clip, the panel has to be 'angled' in such a way that it would be impossible to fit.

Does anyone know how this job is supposed to be done? Its driving me mad!

Paul G

not sure if this will help but thought I would post it check out this link http://www.rangerovers.net/repairdetails/d...trimcasing

have to do mine at some stage good luck Thumbs Up

Post #26187 23rd Aug 2010 7:12am
Paul Grainger

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

Thanks for your replies, I did entually get the gap right, I removed the lower window trim, and used a bit of brute force! Scarey at the time, but the end result was worth it!
I fitted cherry trimmed switch surrounds (from Powerful.com). They look great!

Post #27862 11th Sep 2010 5:20pm
sidmini

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Atacama Sand

Guys need your help. I want to replace the peeling window switch trim passenger side (uk) but before I start the removal do I need to disconnect the battery to stop air bags going off or air bag light ? any advice? Also is there an order to remove the plugs from inside the door card?

Post #97318 12th Dec 2011 6:00pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

!

The air bag is fixed to the door frame rather than the door card so no, you dont hav to disconnect the battery.

It helps to have another pair of hands when removing the door card so you dont have to put too much strain on the wires, the ones for the LED door pockets and door handle are very fine with weak clips. They can be unplugged in whichever order you feel most happy.

When your finished connect everything up and make sure it all works BEFORE fully fixing the door card to the door. It's a complete ball ache to have to take it all off again because the sill button is catching on something etc. 

Post #97333 12th Dec 2011 6:34pm
sidmini

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Atacama Sand

thanks for the info Dan should help!

Post #97739 14th Dec 2011 7:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1