Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Technical (L322) > Heated Seat Problem - 2007 TDV8 Vogue SE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

When sitting in the car , put your right hand down under the front of the drivers seat on the front right corner and you will feel a foam filter that sits over the fan, when you turn the cooling on you will feel the fan turning under the filter ( the fan is above the filter ) , my 2007 se worked for a few mins then stopped when on cool and the fan turned for a shorter time on heat but the seat never got warm. I was convinced for a long time that the seat was cooling but touching the filter / fan proved it wasn't. Mine was the fan / control pipework broke in the back of the seat as described in this thread. 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #426669 7th Feb 2017 1:05am
JPHC

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

How difficult is it to get the seats out and dismantle them? Jordan

'56 SC 4.2 ‘21-Current
'56 SC 4.2 ‘16-‘18

Post #426703 7th Feb 2017 11:12am
dolph34

Ireland 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Corris Grey

Very easy, there is a very good guide if you use the search function 2015 4.4 AB
GSXR 1000 K5
R1 1998

Post #426705 7th Feb 2017 11:59am
TJH1985

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Java Black

Just had our driver side unit fail, same problem with the split pipe but unfortunately the peltier unit had failed as well probably due to the lack of air flow. SDD showed the seat base temperature shoot up, but the seat back remained static and then the whole system shut down. Fans ran for cooling, but SDD didn't show a temperature drop.

There wasn't a circuit through the unit, when compared to the passenger unit and the passenger unit worked drivers side. Over £200 for a new unit from Dan at duckworth Big Cry and it's back up and running, takes about 15/20 minutes to change especially after you have done it a few times. Our seats were actually much easier to take apart than the guide suggested.

Oh and the new unit has a much better design of pipe, much stronger. We have also made up some plastic guards to help protect it from the cross bar.

Post #433500 1st Apr 2017 8:28pm
tomo_

Poland 

Just went through the adventure with mine. Fixed air duct, but pletier failed too. High resistance instead of some ohms.
Found second hand one , seller claiming is operational. Let see when it arrives.

btw , might be worth getting sourced pletiers only somewhere instead of replacing complete assembly ?

Post #452074 25th Sep 2017 5:33pm
tomo_

Poland 

So possibly found reason for broken ducting.
If one sits and rests on the seat, the ducting is pushed to the metal frame . First leaves 0 mm space - see picture and if you push back on the seat its squeezing the duct. Can imagine at the negative temperatures outside when plastic is stiff that can be reason for it to break.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/aoZaJhHy...91-h220-no

as wrote mine failed and pletier too. Got second hand working replacement but to avoid issue again I did small improvement by bending upper part of the metal frame and giving something like +1cm space. So if one sits in this configuration there is still few mm room.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/WNyrIjFV...72-h941-no

you can see bend element. It can be used preventive - if you tend to push back into the seat , you can consider doing it before your ducting breaks.

Did mine with seats in-situ.

Post #453170 6th Oct 2017 12:21pm
Greggiii

France 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Zermatt Silver

Hey guys. Driver seat issue here.
Fan is working but no heat/cool. I cant find this guide to remove seat with search function. May you help me please? Ty

Post #454744 21st Oct 2017 8:07am
MrChubba

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Cairns Blue

Very new to this site and I have recently purchased a 2008 Vogue SE and amongst other things the Drivers Heated seat isn't working. I've read on here and various other forums that its likely to be the plastic pipe in the back of the seat or, the pletier. Does anyone have part numbers for these items? As suggested, if I am to remove the seat etc... I amy as well have the part to hand. However, I do not know what I am buying.

Many thanks Steve aka MrChubba

Post #459504 3rd Dec 2017 10:57pm
dutchhome

United States 2009 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Bournville

I apparently have this cracked air duct problem. Both sides of the duct have cracked open and I don't fancy my chances of taping it up. Has anyone found a replacement air duct that doesn't include the motor? Even at wholesale prices the motor is nearly $300.

Post #460904 15th Dec 2017 1:36am
dutchhome

MrChubba wrote:
Does anyone have part numbers for these items?

Hi Steve, there are probably better places to look up parts but I use parts.com. I would give you the part numbers for my L322, but I don't know if the Vogue uses the same parts. Just go to the web site and enter your vehicle info and browse parts until you get to the individual seat components (Body Hardware -> Seats and Tracks -> Front Seat Components). Then just click on the diagrams and look for the parts you need.

Alternatively you can just call your local dealer. If I'm lazy or can't find a part I'm looking for I'll call the dealer and ask for their parts dept.

Post #460905 15th Dec 2017 1:43am
dutchhome

Never mind, it seems gaffer tape really does work wonders. I'm not sure how long it will last, but I'm sure it'll survive the winter.

Post #460906 15th Dec 2017 4:34am
tj2k

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Ipanema Sand

See here:

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic44946....p;start=15

Post #462923 1st Jan 2018 6:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123