Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > I know this would be illegal but...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Print this entire topic · 
axle

Australia 2008 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Rimini Red

Further to Police terminology, Plod very much has his own agenda and hence different terminology. When we get turned out to RTA's, Road traffic accidence as we know them we must refer to them as RTC's, Road traffic collisions, because in the Police world their is no such thing as an accident. 2008 MY Supercharged
Rimini Red / Jet
four zone climate
remote park heater
and no ugly kid windows.
magnus satis quod turpis satis

Post #7481 29th Sep 2009 8:27am
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

RE Accidents I agree!

Lapses in concentration, failure of judgement, mistakes etc. (I've made all 3!) But nothing is an accident. 

Post #7482 29th Sep 2009 8:48am
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Dan speak to your mum

Wink

Sorry no offence intended Thumbs Up

Post #7483 29th Sep 2009 8:51am
Nexhillboy

England 

Damn I hate it when a decent thread about the idiots who have no lane discipline gets railroaded by a couple of chaps squabbling over correct lane terminology. I think we all understood which lane was being referred to in the first place. .... Oh sorry did I say that aloud, I hope my outspoken comments didnt upset anyone Wink
In my opinion the middle lane is the one that causes all the problems. Too many people think it is ok to cruise in the middle lane instead of returning to the most left hand lane available.

Post #7486 29th Sep 2009 1:09pm
dan_uk_1984

Nexhillboy wrote:
Damn I hate it when a decent thread about the idiots who have no lane discipline gets railroaded by a couple of chaps squabbling over correct lane terminology.

*Cough* Kiss My Ass *Cough*

Thumbs Up 

Post #7487 29th Sep 2009 1:14pm
Full fat not diet

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

If so many people drive slowly in the middle lane, why does no one step up and admit to it or say sorry i didnt realise my behaviour caused so many problems, thanks for the heads up i will move to the first lane when ever an opportunity arises and adjust my driving style from now on and become a more considerate motorist etc...... Evil or Very Mad

Post #7489 29th Sep 2009 2:12pm
dan_uk_1984

I've never seen a FFRR sat in the lane which is in the center, it's either in the most leftest lane, or in the superfast speedy lane!

I personally float between the inbetween lane and the one nearest to the other side. Keeping an eye out for the Revenue Collectors or Mr Camera! 

Post #7490 29th Sep 2009 2:22pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

If a Range Rover is not being driven in the outside/3rd/fast lane of a motorway with the xenons switched on, breathing down the necks of the slow feckers in front then it's not being driven properly.

I just got home from a 270 mile drive from Plymouth and its splendid how many people pull out of the way when they see you coming. Thumbs Up Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #7501 29th Sep 2009 8:02pm
Nexhillboy

England 

If a Range Rover is not being driven in the outside/3rd/fast lane of a motorway with the xenons switched on, breathing down the necks of the slow feckers in front then it's not being driven properly.

Haha it would be hard for them not to pull over when they look in their rear view mirror and all they see is FFRR Grille./ Oh silly me those kind of people think the rear view mirror is for checking makeup and squeezing zits

Post #7522 30th Sep 2009 12:00am
ken

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover SVAutobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Well those comments prove a point Rolling with laughter

Post #7524 30th Sep 2009 6:47am
Soupdragon

England 2003 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.4 V8 Stornoway Grey

Nexhillboy wrote:

Haha it would be hard for them not to pull over when they look in their rear view mirror and all they see is FFRR Grille./ Oh silly me those kind of people think the rear view mirror is for checking makeup and squeezing zits

You are joking I hope? If not then buy yourself a BMW X5 and sell drugs to children in South London.

Motorways used to display signs saying "keep left unless overtaking" which made perfect sense. Lane discipline is awful in general and I think motorways should be subject to a separate test before people can use them.

On a separate topic, I've spent quite a lot of time in our 2010 petrol Autobiography and the engine is amazing. It makes my old 4.4 feel sluggish! I shall write more about the car if anyone's interested. Rules are made for the obedience of fools and the guidance of wise men.

Post #7536 30th Sep 2009 12:03pm
dan_uk_1984

Soupdragon wrote:
Nexhillboy wrote:

You are joking I hope? If not then buy yourself a BMW X5 and sell drugs to children in South London.

LOL, bit harsh.

When people in the slow lane are doing 60 (with all the lorries) and the people in the middle lane are doing 60 if a lorry is overtaking another lorry Censored or they are doing 70, then I am in the fast lane doing 80 overtaking everyone else - However I do move over into the middle, or slow lane if I can, to allow mr BMW man past. Unless it's an X5, gotta keep em in their place!

The 2002 4.4 does 130, the 2006 one only does 125. Owned. 

Post #7537 30th Sep 2009 12:11pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Articulated Lorry's and any other Lorry, are all Limited to 56mph, Due mainly to all the Arsehole's complaining about their Speed, Size and what damage they could cause if involved in an accident........

Look at the RTC's Figures and what are the main cause's of Fatalities,Overpowered cars and "The Stig" Wannabee drivers........... Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by JOKER on 30th Sep 2009 2:32pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #7538 30th Sep 2009 12:43pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

and illiterate lorry drivers from Poland who aren't / can't able to drive on the left, drive clapped out wrecks with dodgy brakes, poor steering and pull out in front of you without looking, indicating, drive the wrong way round roundabouts and expect YOU to avoid them Rolling Eyes

I had it this summer off some Polish idiot driving a coach, he pulled out into the fast lane without looking or indicating and forced me against the crash barrier - closest I have ever been to an impact. And then the Peasant had the cheek to give ME a Churchillian salute - if my wife hadn't been in the car I would have stopped him... and taught this muppet a few simple Rules of the Road Evil or Very Mad

Post #7539 30th Sep 2009 2:30pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Well Foreign Censored are a different breed, I am talking about British Driver's,The Foreigners and their Heaps of S Censored t trucks should be stopped from Entering the Country coz they don't pay any Taxes to do so.

Unlike when a British driver goes abroad, charged with all sorts of local Taxes......... Whistle

Post #7540 30th Sep 2009 2:38pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>