Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > First job on my L322 air compressor replacement, very easy.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
ambulancekidd

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Oslo Blue
First job on my L322 air compressor replacement, very easy.

I've just replaced the air compressor on my 05 L322 & it was a breeze, well it was a breeze once I'd learned how to get the old one out. I asked a member of LROI forum"Vogue 39" how to release the air pipe from the compressor & had an answer in double quick time which allowed me to get on with the job. It took less than ten mins to fit the new one which was supplied under warranty & I'm glad it was, £450 was the reciept that I was given from the main stealer & they wanted the old one for exchange!
It makes you wonder where the expense is on these parts? The pump was running & it was producing air, just not enough.
I'm assuming that inside the dome is a pump similar to the P38 pump & if this is the case, its probably the small piston rings that go belly up. Now a kit to replace these rings including the piston etc on fleabay is between £21 & £30 so me thinks someone is making a killing? Now there's an opportunity for someone to begin overhauling these pumps & make a handsome living.
Oh the correct method of releasing the air pipe was was simple, its held in by a push fit joint. You simply deflate the system of air, then press the metal part of the joint inwards while pulling gently on the black pipe & it comes away a treat. Refitting is a reversal of strippng (only you swear in different places lol) & it really couldn't be simpler.
Robert.

img]https://s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/i.hubnuts.uk/xpb/15/157fb2d0d9a6074155b5dd0f7b76fd15bd4d85f289e3cb1b39575b33f77c723f.jpg[/img]

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green  The reason women's minds are cleaner than a mans mind is that women change their minds more often!
When women say fine a mans in deep doodoo as fine has so many meanings.

Post #111554 7th Mar 2012 8:03pm
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

glad the install went well robert ...welcome to the forum.. Thumbs Up ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #111597 7th Mar 2012 9:44pm
Flashman

England 2011 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Santorini Black

Thanks for posting the info, always good to know what to do when it packs up. Touch wood! Tom

Current Drive
2011 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography - Santorini Black - Ivory Leather

Previous Drives
2004 Model Vogue Td6 (Touchscreen) - Java Black - Parchment Leather
1994 RR Classic 3.9 V8 Soft dash - Niagara Grey - Grey Leather
1972 Series III SWB Safari - Green (Hand Painted) - Black Plastic

Post #111599 7th Mar 2012 10:03pm
ambulancekidd

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Oslo Blue

stan wrote:
glad the install went well robert ...welcome to the forum.. Thumbs Up

Many thanks, I'm glad to be a member & I'm sure that I'll ask for help as well as give help when I can. Have been around Land Rovers all of my life, but still learning on the L322. Its an awesome car, beautiful to drive & all my mates are looking on with interest, there might be more forum members to come.
Robert. The reason women's minds are cleaner than a mans mind is that women change their minds more often!
When women say fine a mans in deep doodoo as fine has so many meanings.

Post #111620 8th Mar 2012 12:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1