Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > I AM ALSO NOW A TDV8 OWNER
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Print this entire topic · 
Renegade2

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Stornoway Grey
I AM ALSO NOW A TDV8 OWNER

Just a quick write up on my Vogue Se TDV8 which is a 2010. I have now had it exactly one week and found a few issues that are all covered by warranty.

It was owned by a Premiership footballer who really did not look after it and she had a few silly things missing like the Landrover badge on one of the door cards, a wheel nut, duff battery in FHB remote and so on. A quick call to Dan a Duckworths sorted that out. Joker kindly answered a few queries for me and a good clean up and she looks like as new. Not a mark on her.Must have been best part of £75k ish with the options, thats a weeks wages for them!!

It is in Stornaway Grey with Storm perforated leather (not sure about the cooled seats with shorts on), gloss black wood, 29,000 miles, deployable steps, double glazed windows, adaptive cruise, forward radar, blindspot monitoring, high beam assist, vision surround cameras, keyless start, dualview screen, supercharged grill, etc. I am sure some of this is standard but i am in total awe of the diffrence between this and my old TD6. The power and smoothness is incredible and so quite. You guys in supercharged units must live on the edge as this is enough for me!!!

Few warranty jobs such as a rear tailgate upper seal, b post pillar where the seatbelt cover came off, and one of the cameras is blurry, told the main stealer last week, went in today to be told it would have to go in again as yes, they confirm what i said so would order the parts!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although they did fit a new battery under warranty which i did not mention.

I just can not stop sitting in it, the TFT is awesome, the voice control actually works, the sat nav is fast (hard disk based) and i can plug in and control my iphone! Going to have to last me a few years so all the forum help will enable me to look after her.

thanks all Current 2010 Vogue SE, Stornoway Grey with Storm Leather,Deployable steps, Vision Pack

Gone Range Rover 2005 TD6 Vogue
Gone Range Rover P38 4.6 Vogue
Gone Range Rover P38 4.0 HSE

Post #114968 26th Mar 2012 11:37pm
Bellini

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

Sounds like you got a good deal. Thumbs Up

Where's the piccies then? Si. <This is my name.

I eat rat poison.

A man ain't truly been insulted until he stands buck naked in front of a woman and she didn't even notice. Or care.

Post #114971 27th Mar 2012 6:28am
JOKER

Scotland 

Sounds very much like mine , guessing you have Homelink on it as well , also the USB connection and iPod lead inside the centre console Thumbs Up be good to see the pictures of it Thumbs Up ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #114977 27th Mar 2012 8:22am
Renegade2

Yes the Homelink is great as it works my electric gates a treat, mrs will not let me do the garage as she keeps parking in front of it and i will hit her car playing!!! Yes the Ipod control is great, I also found the voice control much improved.

I will get some pics done tonight, not uploaded any to the forum before so another challenge. Current 2010 Vogue SE, Stornoway Grey with Storm Leather,Deployable steps, Vision Pack

Post #114992 27th Mar 2012 11:42am
Ajay(UK)

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

Sound's familiar Wink

Click image to enlarge

I've had mine alomst a year now - best car I have ever owned Cool

You may want to change the ipod/usb socket for the newer one, then you can charge your iphone too Thumbs Up

Andy. 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
SWMBO: 22MY Defender 110 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana Stone.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Gone: 2006MY Java Black TD6 Autobiography
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red with Ivory Seats
Gone: 2010MY Stornoway Grey TDV8 Vogue SE with RSE
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2003 Epsom Green 4.4i Vogue, LPG, Mk4 Nav, BMW Bluetooth Phone, Hybrid Tv Tuner,

Post #115000 27th Mar 2012 12:41pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Looks the dogs dangles Andy …. Thumbs Up is it easy to change the USB socket .. Thumbs Up ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #115001 27th Mar 2012 12:54pm
Renegade2

Andy thats the one, just the steps are different, these go in and out like a yoyo. The kids love it when i drop them at school!!! Is the ipod socket easy to change whats the part number, must have a word with Dan. I just need a set of mudguards to finish it of, i have them from Dan at duckworths just not sure about drilling some holes!!!

There are a few things that confused me and the manual is not that great, on the old TD6 the lighst around the heater blower switch came on even in auto mode, on this one they dont unless you go to manuel, the air bag light overhead threw me a bit and in the manual they show ipod, mp3 data etc on the tft which i dont get and i have asked a few others and they dont either. But yes Ajay what a motor car, so qui ck and quiet. I am now going to attempt to upload some pics tommorrow, just been so busy, busiest month of the year in the Computer industry and i need to pay for my new baby. Talking of which i was 50 last October, have two girls 15 & 13 and my wife who is younger said we are expecting... and its another girl, due in eight weeks so two new babies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Current 2010 Vogue SE, Stornoway Grey with Storm Leather,Deployable steps, Vision Pack

Post #115125 27th Mar 2012 10:16pm
DMRR

South Africa 2009 Range Rover Westminster TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Fan lights don't go on on auto - weird I know. I have a little adapter for the iPod cable that will charge newer devices if you are in need, don't need it now I have gone back to a 2006. Land Rover admitted they made an error with GPS/iPod/MP3 display on the TFT and deleted it (i.e. never added it). Land Rover Addict
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Previous
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
2009 5.0V8SC Autobiography
2006 4.2V8SC Autobiography
2004 4.4V8 Vogue

Post #115128 27th Mar 2012 10:21pm
Renegade2

DMRR you have PM thanks Current 2010 Vogue SE, Stornoway Grey with Storm Leather,Deployable steps, Vision Pack

Post #115134 27th Mar 2012 10:57pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Regarding the TFT screen , i am guessing like me when you play your music through the usb OR iPhone , displayed on the screen is the song and singer along with the different folders that your music is in ... Confused ====================================

Post #115195 28th Mar 2012 10:47am
Renegade2

Yes i get that information on the DualView screen but not on the TFT screen with the speedo etc. In the manual it did show this information on the TFT but apparently LR scrapped the idea.

How are you getting on with the voice control, mine is superb compared to my old TD6, she seems tio understand me !!!!!! They seem to have improved it a awful lot. Great for changing the views on the middle screen, ie Display show Audio, Display show phone etc. Do you use yours? Current 2010 Vogue SE, Stornoway Grey with Storm Leather,Deployable steps, Vision Pack

Post #115200 28th Mar 2012 11:38am
JOKER

Scotland 

i just use the voice control for certain telephone numbers really Thumbs Up ====================================

Post #115207 28th Mar 2012 12:15pm
Ajay(UK)

United Kingdom 2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Indus Silver

Sorry for the delayed reply Embarassed I've being trying to get my office mobile phone signal booster to work Evil or Very Mad

Changing the USB/Ipod socket is one of the easiest things to do - It just pulls out although only the lower clips flex but there is enough movement in the lining for it to pop out. From memory I pushed down from the top to release it. There is an "Apple" style connector on the back which just unplugs.

The part number required is LR021802 and Dan supplier mine for just over £40 delivered Thumbs Up

The early 2010MY version works ok but it will not charge an iPhone which is why I swapped it.

If you chassis number is from AA000001 to AA314401 then you will need the newer socket. AA314402 onwards is fine acording to Microcat Whistle

Picy's always help!

Click image to enlarge

Andy. 2015 L405 SDV8 Autobiography, Indus Silver with Black Pack.
SWMBO: 22MY Defender 110 HSE X Dynamic, Gondwana Stone.
Gone: 2014 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury Firenze Red
Gone: 2006MY Java Black TD6 Autobiography
Gone: 2013 Jaguar XKR Convertible, Italian Racing Red with Ivory Seats
Gone: 2010MY Stornoway Grey TDV8 Vogue SE with RSE
Gone: 2008 Disco 3 HSE, Hybrid Tv + Retro-fit RSE System & DVD
Gone: 2003 Epsom Green 4.4i Vogue, LPG, Mk4 Nav, BMW Bluetooth Phone, Hybrid Tv Tuner,

Post #115385 29th Mar 2012 12:48pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Cheers Andy … looks like Dan is getting another shout …. Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing ====================================

Post #115393 29th Mar 2012 1:40pm
Renegade2

having a few problems with pictures ! trying again Current 2010 Vogue SE, Stornoway Grey with Storm Leather,Deployable steps, Vision Pack

Post #115694 30th Mar 2012 11:49pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>