Home > Off Topic > Bolton Ironman
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Rob2529

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Oslo Blue
Bolton Ironman

Hi
My brother in law is competing in his first (and possibly last) iron man. I'm trying to help him raise as much £££ as possible so I here I am asking for any money you can spare or even pass on the link to someone who can.

From Col:
My name is Collin Horton. I’m a serving member of the Royal Navy as an Aircraft Engineer on helicopters. I'm currently at HMS Sultan in Portsmouth on POAETQC (formally of 846NAS RNAS Yeovilton), but have deployed 5 times to Iraq and 4 times to Afghanistan. I am attempting to finish Ironman UK which takes place at Bolton in Lancashire on the 22nd July.
The race consists of a 2.4 mile open water swim, a 112 mile bike ride and a full marathon (26.2 miles), a total 140.6 miles all to be completed back to back. The cut off time to finish the full event is 17 hours.
This is by far the hardest thing I have attempted for charity to date and I intend to raise money and awareness for two charities: The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity and Cancer Research UK.
Help for Heroes is a fantastic cause, it provides invaluable tri service commodities and does a great job raising money and awareness for our soldiers, however, only a very small percentage is seen by Royal Navy and Royal Marines personnel.
They say cancer effects 1 in 3 of us. Up until recently I have been fortunate enough to have been shielded from its effects. Some good friends of mine are walking the devastating and emotional path that is carved by cancer. I’d say whether directly or indirectly, 100% of us are affected by it.
Wouldn’t it be great if during our lifetime we found the cure for something so prominent and wide-reaching?
Your support and any donations are greatly appreciated by me as always.
Please help me raise as much as possible for two great causes. Someone somewhere will directly benefit from any donations made by you, so, on behalf of those people thank you.  I have set up a virgin just giving page, it’s easy to donate and you can even do so by PayPal via the site.
http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/CollinHorton
Thank you and wish me luck!

Just as a side note col predicts he will spend 1h10-1h20 swimming front crawl, 7h ish riding flat out, and 4h30-5h running to complete this event.
Thank you for looking! [img]http://www.fuelly.com/driver/rob2529/range-rover[img/]
04, 4.4V8, Vogue Oslo Blue with LPG.
"You can sleep in your car, BUT you can't race your house!!!!"

If something can't be fixed with a hammer....... You have yourself an electrical fault!

Post #126606 17th Jun 2012 8:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1