Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Jaguar XF Sportbrake
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver
Jaguar XF Sportbrake

Will there be a 4WD version?

The Jaguar XF Sportbrake is the first ever estate version of the British company’s popular saloon, and only the second ever estate Jaguar has made (it usually makes executive saloons). The aim is to offer a more useful car to executives who find the XF saloon is too impractical for family life. Sportbrake is the name Jaguar has given its XF estate though its first ever estate was simply called the X-Type Estate.

Engines

The Sportbrake will be offered with two diesel engines and both with two outputs so consumers could choose between four potential set-ups. The most popular diesel is likely to be the 2.2-litre that comes with the choice of two power outputs: 161bhp and 197bhp. The 161bhp version on the standard 17-inch wheels emits 135g/km CO2 putting it into road tax band E and for company cars sits in the 18% BIK band for the tax year 2012/13. On bigger wheels the emissions creep up to 139g/km CO2 though that does not affect either its BIK or road tax banding and average fuel consumption is a claimed 55.4mpg. The 197bhp version has the same emissions and fuel consumption figures as the 161bhp version but beats it for the 0-60mph sprint clocking 8.2 seconds compared to 10 seconds dead. The other engine is a 3.0-litre V6 diesel with choice of either 237bhp or 271bhp, and both emit 163g/km (road tax band G) and both have a claimed average fuel consumption of 46mpg.

Luxury Interior

As with the XF saloon the estate version comes in six trim levels: SE Business, Luxury, Sport, Premium Luxury, Portfolio and the S versions of Luxury, Premium Luxury and Portfolio. All versions come with a premium interior including leather, wood veneers and stainless steel trim. Jaguar also offers almost 100 different ways to create a bespoke interior so there are plenty of choices. Also included is the trademark Jaguar DriveSelector, that rises out of the central divide between driver and front passenger when the ignition is switched on and enables the driver to select gears at a twist of the dial. There is also an electric parking brake, push button start and multi-function leather steering wheel. The boot is particularly big with 1,675 litres of load space and comes with a power tailgate. The rear seats are spilt 60/40 and there are remote releases to fold them fully flat located in the boot. To further enhance the XF Sportbrake there are several optional styling packs available including Black, Mirror and Sports Interior packs, as well as a comfort pack that includes heated front seats. Prices start from £31,490 for the entry level 2.2-litre Diesel SE Business and rise up to £51,505 for the top of the range, 3.0-litre Diesel S Portfolio. To find out about how the car drives and handles, and for more details, watch out for the full Jaguar XF Sportbrake review coming soon.

Post #130041 9th Jul 2012 12:23pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Just read a statement from JLR MD that this model is focused on a market segment that requires 4WD as an option due to snowy conditions a (large) part of the year. In the US market that was. He called it an important decision vital to the car.

The way I read it, that is a yes Smile

Gorgeous car by the way. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #130051 9th Jul 2012 1:06pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 

And European (non UK) markets too

Post #130052 9th Jul 2012 1:12pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

So not in UK then?

Shame a Sportbrake Allroad would be a cool addition/alternative to the RR Thumbs Up

Post #130053 9th Jul 2012 1:15pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 

Well we had a reasonably snow-free winter this time around so the demand for 4WD saloons will drop until we get another one Wink

Post #130055 9th Jul 2012 1:17pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 

BTW I didn't mean that the UK is definitely NOT getting 4WD Sportbrakes (nothing's been announced AFAIK), but adding non-UK Euro markets to traditional 4WD estate buyers.

Post #130056 9th Jul 2012 1:18pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Strange they don't think there's a market in the UK for such a model - just look at how many Audi Avants that are on our roads.
I think they're missing a trick..................... Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #130086 9th Jul 2012 3:11pm
Martin
Site Admin

United Kingdom 

No-one's said that is the case?

Post #130088 9th Jul 2012 3:14pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Time will tell Thumbs Up Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #130089 9th Jul 2012 3:15pm
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Considering that a AWD would do very well in other RHD countries, I would not be surprised that there will be a AWD RHD version.

I would most definitely consider one when in NZ !!! MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #130171 9th Jul 2012 10:02pm
Rolo

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Orkney Grey

looks nice, but the name....... Shocked I misread to start with & thought it was about some form of energy cake bar for sporty people Rolling with laughter The SportBake Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #130213 10th Jul 2012 9:10am
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

You see the sportbrake on the tour de France a lot, the sky team are running them as their support cars V8 or else ...

Post #130972 13th Jul 2012 7:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1