Home > LPG > Newbie LPG questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
vibe666

Ireland 
Newbie LPG questions

sooo. Smile

I'm looking at my first FF RR purchase and the plan is that it'll be a 2002 V8 which I intend to have converted to LPG before I bring it home to Ireland.

I had originally planned on a TD6, but it seems like it might be a bit gutless, so an LPG v8 would probably fix that without my fuel bills going through the roof. Smile

I understand that the most common option is to put an LPG tank in the space for the spare wheel and that the largest tank that will fit is around 95L and I will only be able to fill that to approx 80% of that total with that giving me a max of 250 miles of very frugal driving on LPG?

Am I right in thinking that the original petrol tank will stay where it is and that I can still use that as normal just by flicking a switch on the dash to swap from LPG to petrol (even when I'm driving)?

Also, what sort of performance can I expect out of a 2002 V8 on LPG? is it still decent enough? my current motor is a 2.8L TD 1996 Pajero Exceed, which isn't exactly spritely so I imagine it'll be plenty fast enough compared to that! Very Happy

Other than that, is the LPG conversion something that I could get completed reasonably quickly?

I'd have to fly over from Dublin to collect the car and then drive it back, so could the conversion to LPG be done in a day if I picked it up and drove it straight to be converted? even if I had to stay in a local hotel overnight and bring it home the next day that would be okay, I just don't want to have to wait too long for it.

I could probably get it done here in Ireland, but I think I'd prefer to get recommendations from people on here to make sure it gets a professional job done on it.

thanks in advance and sorry for all the questions. Smile

Post #140873 13th Sep 2012 9:44am
Dolphinboy

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Atacama Sand

Hi Vibe,

Pm sent ref this.

I get around 28-30 mpg equivalent on LPG and 17-20 on petrol. The LPG switches automatically back to petrol when LPG runs out. LPG needs to be serviced yearly (only c. £120)

Let me know if you need to know anything else.

DB

Post #140883 13th Sep 2012 10:55am
STEVE57

England 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Cairns Blue

+1 Thumbs Up 2007 supercharged ,Cairns Blue with Navy & Parchment Interior

Post #140931 13th Sep 2012 4:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1