Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > For Sale & Wanted > 2006/2007 Range Rover TDV8 or 4.2 Supercharged Wanted
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 6 123456>
Print this entire topic · 
J600.COM

United Kingdom 
2006/2007 Range Rover TDV8 or 4.2 Supercharged Wanted

UPDATED 23RD JAN 2010 - STILL LOOKING!!

Having sold my Audi TT last week i'm now REALLY keen to replace it ASAP and have cash ready to go!

Here are my must have options:

2007MY Interior (where the keys go in the dashboard - cars from September 2006)
Factory Rear Seat Entertainment (Screens in headrests)
Less than 60,000 miles
Supercharged 4.2 or TDV8

My absolute ideals would be:

Black with Ivory Interior
Silver with Jet Interior
Grey with either interior

OR

If you have either of these car's and are looking for a hassle free sale then please get in touch.

Thanks[/code]

Last edited by J600.COM on 23rd Jan 2010 1:00pm. Edited 5 times in total

Post #10005 27th Dec 2009 5:57pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I'm guessing my TD6 Vogue is a little too high miles for you but it IS in superb condition and ready for sale! Worth considering?

See the thread below:

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic1238.html

PM me if you want to ask anything about it.

Adam Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Last edited by RRUK on 27th Dec 2009 8:30pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #10006 27th Dec 2009 6:25pm
JOKER

Scotland 

And you will be hard pushed to find a better car for the Money ........ Thumbs Up

Post #10009 27th Dec 2009 7:07pm
J600.COM

United Kingdom 
Re: 2006 Range Rover Vogue Wanted (Genuine Private Buyer)

Hi Adam,

TBH i'd spotted it already - looks lovely but the miles are a tad too high for me. It looks like a real bargain at that price, im sure it will sell pretty quick in the new year. Ive spotted a couple that were ideal for me but each time ive rang they've sold (which is a good sign for sellers - seem to be selling no problem, sadly not so great for me).

Theres one at a site called beck evans which seems cheap but something just doesnt seem right with it, its listed as a vogue se but when i did a quick car data check on it it came back as a HSE. I've not even viewed it but that put me off straight away. Also it looks like its had a hard life from the photos.

I found the perfect one last week, but while emailing back and forth with the garage to arrange a viewing (it was during the bad snow we had) someone beat me to it Sad

Also, ive not sold my current car (Audi TT 3.2 V6) so looking for a trade seller so that I can part ex. Having said that, ive only just put mine on pistonheads a week ago (nowhere else yet) and someones coming to view it next week so fingers crossed.

Is there anything that I should be looking out for when shopping around? This will be my first RR (not even drove one yet?!!) I just know that I want one Very Happy

J

Post #10010 27th Dec 2009 7:34pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Having just spent considerable time looking for a good Vogue SE I can only tell you what I was looking for in cars:

Genuine UK car
Standard i.e. no crappy aftermarket rubbish on it
no evidence of abuse
Non smokers car
good spec level
Evidence of car being looked after
Straight and true
No uneven or weird tyre wear
FLRSH

I'd advise you drive a few to get the feel of them, it will be very different to your TT, slower, noisier and very rolly-polly compared. Once you get used to that and to the fact you will be driving in a different manner with a FFRR, you will begin to realise what makes them so special. It's a sense of occasion every time.

I hope mine does sell quickly in the New Year, but if you are tempted to come see what a well looked after one looks like feel free to get in touch. I've never bought a lemon and pride myself on having A1 condition cars. The miles may be high-ish but there's another 100k in my car to some lucky owner and it looks beautiful IMO. Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #10012 27th Dec 2009 7:56pm
ukrangie

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Buckingham Blue

J

I had a similiar budget to yourself and was looking for a ffrr as a family car. After four months of looking, I ended up'ing my budget to 29k for a 56 TDV8 Vogue with 48k miles from an independent in Ipswich and in good condition. Almost bought a similiar age Vogue SE but the mileage and condition were not right for me.

Post #10016 28th Dec 2009 8:45am
J600.COM

United Kingdom 

yeh ive got a feeling i may end up having to up my budget. id love a tdv8 but as yet ive not seen any under £30,000 with less than 50k miles. You did well to get that one, sounds like a bargain!

Post #10017 28th Dec 2009 11:26am
JOKER

Scotland 

Any Good

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/adv...;logcode=p

Post #10019 28th Dec 2009 11:54am
J600.COM

United Kingdom 

MICK wrote:
Any Good

Ive actually seen that one in the flesh (just outside) its not far from me. unfortunately at £28k its over budget (and doesnt have the rear TV monitors)

Something stinks about this one and its put me off. I seen the same car on ebay by the same seller as i reckonised the photos and wheels, but their listing on ebay has 20k more miles on the clock! Out of curiosity i did a HPI on it and it came back as a standard Vogue (not SE). You know when you get a bad gut feeling about a seller, this was one of them.

I'd not seen this one, no photos up at the moment. I'm not sure if i'd like a red one.

Im a right fussy b*gger arent I Very Happy thanks for trying though, appreciate your efforts Thumbs Up

Post #10022 28th Dec 2009 2:34pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

Tonga green TD6 seems to be the way to go Whistle Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #10025 28th Dec 2009 3:39pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

Honestly i would rather buy a known car with high mileage like yours RRUK than to play dealer/auto-trader lottery... Cool All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #10029 28th Dec 2009 4:44pm
J600.COM

United Kingdom 

this one would have been perfect but its a petrol...

what are the disadvantages of the petrol version (other than MPG) I only do around 6k miles a year so not too worried about actual petrol costs. Its just i'd heard the diesel was a better engine for reliability and re-sale value? Is that true?

ps. this is the one i'd set my heart on...

but it sold straight away before I got chance to even view it!

Post #10034 28th Dec 2009 6:23pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

I'm sure someone more knowledgable than I on the forum will tell you some stuff about the petrol engine, I think that its not as robust and has suffered from a few major issues along the way. The TD6 is a sturdy reliable engine and a great workhorse.

Plus as you say, re-sale of petrol ones is much harder and although they can be cheaper than the equivalent diesel, you then expect to get commensurately less come sale time. MPG comparison you'll be doing 16-19mpg in the 4.4 petrol and 23-27mpg in the TD6.

If you only do 6,000 miles a year then maybe you should consider saving yourself a whole HEAP of money and get a higher miles one? Potentially £8k+? (I know I'm obviously biased as I have one such car to sell but it also makes some sense) The money you save you can put towards any modifications such as having rear TV screens and DVD fitted.

Apologies for the relentles sales pitch! Embarassed I dearly want my very loved car to go to another owner who will also cherish it as much as I do. Discovery 4 HSE
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

Post #10036 28th Dec 2009 6:41pm
nbunney

United Kingdom 

J600

I agree with Adam, re mileage / costs, and especially as the 1 you really wanted had after market screens fitted.

Also the post on the other thread ref. better to have a known high mileage car than 1 from a stealer.

Post #10042 28th Dec 2009 8:05pm
J600.COM

United Kingdom 

90,000+ miles is just way too high for me, i tend to only keep a car 12-18months max. so if i took a 91k miles car now, in 18months it'd be over 100,000 miles and for me thats the kiss of death. trying to sell a car with over 100k on the clock is impossible. im sure for someone though its perfect - i just like low miles cars as i find when i come to sell them on its much less hassle. just hard to find low (or even average) miles on a RR especially the diesel.

Post #10043 28th Dec 2009 8:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 6 123456>