Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > Had the call yesterday.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123
Print this entire topic · 
Pauld

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Zermatt Silver

kingpleb wrote:
I got 60mpg and thereabouts from the 3.0SDV6 i had (D4 XS) doing that so wouldnt be far off in the L405 i bet.

35 on arun at 70 shouldn't be too hard as its sleeker and engines working less for the same amount of thrust to contiue its normal momentum Smile

60 mpg, that is about as likely as Ed Miliband becoming PM Rolling with laughter

Post #149259 1st Nov 2012 9:36am
tboner001

England 2014 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Fuji White

Im gutted my Disco 2011 sdv6 only gets 29MPG average over a tank

should i complain to Land Rover that another guy is getting 60 MPG ! Rolling with laughter Whistle Far to many gone...

Post #149264 1st Nov 2012 9:54am
Tomw2000

2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

johnson1 wrote:
Trommel wrote:

Tailgating lorries at 56 mph? A 4.4 TDV8 L322 won't average 30 at normal motorway speeds.

Agree. My average MPG is 26.8 from a mix of motorway and town.

Almost identical MPG here too (MY11 tdv8).

I'd be very surprised if the new tdv8 got anywhere near 35mpg during my 'style' of driving.... Wink

Post #149332 1st Nov 2012 3:13pm
Tim in Scotland

Location: Somewhere between here and there, if not then I'm all at sea or at home in Scotland

2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

LR claims 49mpg for my Evoque (supposed to be the most economical Land Rover ever made) but real life motoring shows a disappointing overall average of 35.2mpg so going on that experience I wouldn't expect more than 25-26mpg out of the diesel L405's. On a very long steady speed run (Stirling to Southampton) at average speed of 70mph I can get 42mpg but as soon as I find an incline or headwind it falls back to 37-39mpg. Previous
Land Rovers that I have owned I have been able to get the combined average without any difficulty and often better than it, but not a hope in hell with the Evoque. It's time that the official figures were to include a real life 500 mile test drive on open roads in the figures instead of using highly dubious figures calculated on a rolling road and on a computer using modelling. 2018 Mini Countryman Cooper S E All4 PHEV in Melting Silver - it’s whisper quiet in EV and polluter modes

Post #149583 3rd Nov 2012 10:35am
Fox

United Kingdom 

Both my FFRR were not that far off the published figures.
Around 28mpg from the Td6 and 26mpg from the early TDV8.
So I'm pretty sure with the later TDV8 and being 300kg or so lighter it'll do over 30mpg.

The Evoque, by comparison, is well known for being terrible for fuel consumption compared to the published figure.
No idea why, as my daily driver is similar in weight, 4x4 and power and returns 47mpg, but every decent review I've read has commented on it.

Post #149811 5th Nov 2012 9:47am
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE 5.0 SC V8 Havana

just 8 more days until i testdrive it Smile All my spelling errorz are belong to me!

2023 FFRR L460
2020 Range Rover Velar

Post #149930 6th Nov 2012 8:45am
kingpleb

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Bonatti Grey

Like i said it wasnt a massive run and i was slipstreaming on the M6 which isnt very hilly around north cheshire. FFRR MY06 facelift With TDV8 Alloys Zeros/ATR's
Mantec Sump Guard, Rigid Load liner, MY10 BT upgrade.

Post #149945 6th Nov 2012 10:54am
Tomw2000

2011 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Java Black

I 'accidently' contacted my dealer on Monday....it seems I could get delivery H2 next year if I wanted one.

He's sending out brochures etc. And will let me know when test drives can be had.

Just an exercise in 'what if...?' you understand. Nothing to see here. Move along.

Post #150072 7th Nov 2012 9:41am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Fox wrote:

The Evoque, by comparison, is well known for being terrible for fuel consumption compared to the published figure.
No idea why, as my daily driver is similar in weight, 4x4 and power and returns 47mpg, but every decent review I've read has commented on it.

Manufacturers have got much better at getting the most out of the official figures so they now bear little relation to reality. As Tim's mentioned, they're almost useless.

Post #150199 8th Nov 2012 10:46am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Since the "cost" of the official MPG numbers is so high, the car manufacturers will do everything the increase the MPG and reduce the CO2 emissions as much as they can for the official test protocol. I believe that it is the test protocol that is not relevant to "normal" day to day use of our cars, hence the big discrepancies.

By increasing MPG and reducing CO2 emissions, a car can get into all kinds of lower tax brackets so the sales figures are directly linked to those numbers these days. I don't blame them (the car manufacturers) that they try that hard to get their cars to achieve the best ratings, it ultimately saves us money and let them sell cars. We do however need to be realistic about the factory MPG/CO2 versus the real life MPG/CO2 that we can achieve and that they are likely to be substantially different. Unless we are able to drive in exactly the same way as the testing is done and that is pretty hard I guess. MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #150201 8th Nov 2012 10:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123