Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General (L405) > The new Range Rover @ Gleneagles today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
STMVOGUE2010

Scotland 
The new Range Rover @ Gleneagles today

As some of you may know I have a 2010 MY Vogue 3.6 TDV8, anyway today rolled up to Gleneagles with my brother as a guest of Land Rover to preview the new RR. Day started well booked in and had some refreshments and had first close up look at the new model. Not sure i like the new model at this point as it seems to me to have lost some of its status in terms of size of vehicle and quality of plastics. What I did like was electric tailgate and electric tow bar, tow bar is stowed away out of sight electrically with press of a button which is very cool and easy to utilise.

Chose two models to drive on the day a 4.4 TDV8 & 3.0TDV6 had an outward drive to Dunkeld off road centre on mixed A & B roads and motorway and all in all in the 4.4 I felt overall it was comparable to my 3.6 TDV8 although I think the extra weight of my car made the ride in mine more predicable. Maybe its because I am just used to driving my car. The tech on the new car is comparable I think with the outgoing model but I do think Land Rover should sort out their mapping graphics on their navigation and have over looked improvements they could have made on this new model. For me the seats were not as comfortable either and the cabin although not as cramped as the Range Rover sport seems for me to have lost some of its majesty.

When we arrived at Dunkeld it was funny to see half a dozen guys lined up along the tree line relieving themselves after all the refreshments as they never thought about placing toilets where cars were parked for their guests on arrival which was a five minute walk from probable toilets at centre.

Can't comment on off road ability as I never got an opportunity to drive off road!!!!!! I kid you not. When we arrived at centre we were informed that there were not enough cars and we would have to share with another gent who we did obviously not know. I did try to sort that situation by speaking to person in charge but was told not to worry that we would all get a chance to drive off road. Off we all plod then at 5mph average speed round what I would describe as the granny circuit. There were about 25 cars on the off road section and it felt a little like queuing in rush hour traffic to me this was not the experience I was expecting and no instructors were present in any of the cars so there was no input by Range Rover staff other than a small radio placed in each car which informed driver to select low ratio. Halfway round course we were told we could change drivers so I asked my brother to take over and before I knew it it was all over.

When I explained to chap who was supposed to be in charge that i was not given an opportunity to drive I was in my opinion literally ignored and told sorry and that was it!!!! I just walked of laughing about it but I have to say I think this was a really poor show by Range Rover UK and a real failing on their part.

We drove the 3.0 back to the hotel at Gleneagles and I was disappointed in the engine and the interior spec of this car which appeared to be the basic Vogue model.

When we got back to hotel we had some lunch and the chatted with Range Rover staff and I raised my concerns about not having opportunity to drive the new model off road. They have promised to send me a voucher for a half day session off road so I will await voucher and post my thoughts if it arrives???

In summary I love my current 2010 TDV8 3.6 and given my first impressions of the new model RR I have no plans to change any time soon.

I appreciate that cars mean different things to all and we will all have differing opinions however I will be interested to see if anyone's opinions are similar to mine in terms of the new Range Rover.

Last edited by STMVOGUE2010 on 4th Dec 2012 10:07pm. Edited 4 times in total

Post #155397 4th Dec 2012 9:01pm
47p2

Scotland 

Another thread on the same subject here Thumbs Up

Post #155403 4th Dec 2012 9:04pm
alanm_3

Location: my House, unless I’m not at home, in which case I’m somewhere else.

Scotland 2017 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

They're just rubbing in the fact they got an invite and we didnae! Big Cry Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue
Had- 2008 TDV8 Vogue SE in Java black
Had - 2007 S/C in Stornoway Grey

Post #155418 4th Dec 2012 9:28pm
47p2

Scotland 

Aye and Jim's pictures are crap Whistle

Post #155430 4th Dec 2012 10:02pm
wackyjim

Scotland 2011 Range Rover SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Santa I want a decent camera!!! Big Cry Big Cry

Post #155435 4th Dec 2012 10:07pm
JOKER

Scotland 

I did get an invite but unforeseen circumstances caused me to decline … Thumbs Up ( you know who you are ) Whistle Thumbs Up ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #155436 4th Dec 2012 10:07pm
alanm_3

I didn't get an invite, but I wouldn't have gone on principal! Laughing Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #155437 4th Dec 2012 10:09pm
47p2

Scotland 

It's not the camera Jim, I just hate everything about you and your day out at Gleneagles Whistle Whistle Laughing Laughing Laughing

Post #155443 4th Dec 2012 10:16pm
wackyjim

^ I still want a new camera Laughing

Post #155468 4th Dec 2012 10:44pm
47p2

Scotland 

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #155471 4th Dec 2012 10:47pm
wackyjim

Thanks Santa....your glass of milk and the wifes knickers will be in the usual place for you Thumbs Up

Post #155474 4th Dec 2012 10:50pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Laughing Laughing ====================================

"Open Mike Night " sounded like a lot of fun until i found out i was going to an Autopsy

Post #155476 4th Dec 2012 10:52pm
47p2

Scotland 

Never knew Santa wore your wife's knickers, has this been going on for a long time?

Post #155478 4th Dec 2012 10:53pm
alanm_3

Are you not supposed to leave something Santa can eat?

On second thoughts........ Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Got - 2017 SDV8 Autobiography in Loire Blue

Post #155481 4th Dec 2012 10:55pm
JOKER

Scotland 

Think he was breaking them in for her Whistle ====================================

Post #155482 4th Dec 2012 10:56pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>