Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Wheels & Tyres > Range Rover aqua planning again big time.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
marcoos_1

Scotland 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

Another thought....

I have had this problem before with cars and have messed around with tyres etc, but another thing worth checking is bushes/track rod ends/ball joints. This was one of my issues in the past....hitting surface water at speed loaded up the steering/suspension and effectively caused the car to "track" of its own accord, destabilising it and then causing it to aquaplane. On a normal dry/damp road it didn't show up as the wear had not become too severe yet

Worth checking....

Post #155629 5th Dec 2012 9:57pm
Fame

Portugal 2002 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Java Black

Here in Portugal, road infrastructure is not optimal, and reverse cambers and little to no water run-off is commonplace where I live. We are close to mountain range and Winter is often below zero temps. Very hilly, and many roads have warning signs for ice.I have often to go through puddles of standing water, where everyone is crawling, yet I have never had the TD6 twitch, squirm or aquaplaned- on the contrary, it feels very stable and normal, as if on dry Tarmac. I agree with Wackyjim and Llyod Barnes that Vredestein Wntracs for SUVs are phenomenal.I would expect them to be, as Vreds are from the Netherlands, and believe me, those guys know what Ice and rain, is. (Ever watched the Elfsteden tochtice skating race-takes in 11 towns and is exciting to see).I place little faith in all the so-called tests by the auto-mags. They are often blinded by price, heavily biased. The vehicle driven is of a different type and I don't believe you can exterpolate the results. I always try to read OWNERS REPORTS , much more reliable I think.But after seeing the above Video, I think I will ease off the gas, slightly! Range Rover Vogue TD6 2002
Defender TD5 90Hard Top 2001
Range Rover Classic TDi 1994
Mercedes Benz 1959 220S Sedan

Post #162978 9th Jan 2013 11:14am
djharm

Netherlands 2002 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Java Black

i am with Fame on this one. been driving the FF for 2 years and never had any problems with aquaplanning. But I do change the tires @ 4 mm

Post #163634 11th Jan 2013 11:28am
barracuda816

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Vogue SE Td6 Tonga Green

mzplcg wrote:
Pirelli Scorpion Mud & Snow. Expensive but they do everything.

I couldn't agree more! They are fantastic tyres, I was hugely impressed when I took the ff offroading, it's not as good as mud tyres, but then it is a road bias.

They are relatively quiet as well.

And aqua planing, never experienced it in the ff.

Post #163690 11th Jan 2013 2:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12