Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Installing a MP3 Changer/itouch/dvd & Intravee II in 54
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
Print this entire topic · 
robbo770

Scotland 2005 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zambezi Silver
Installing a MP3 Changer/itouch/dvd & Intravee II in 54

Hi all,

well I managed to get a intravee II , a Alpine Changer 6 disc MP3, An Alpine Ipod 420i, a resler USB interface and already have a DVD 6 disc changer.

Striped out the original working cd changer and modded the glove box to allow multi Ai-Net leads to enter and found I had the fun of wiring up for the intravee II as I had the 10 pin plug on my range rover!.

see photo's of the removed change and wiring. Embarassed Big Cry

Click image to enlarge

original car loom 10 pin plug! Big Cry Big Cry
Click image to enlarge

Original Changer
Click image to enlarge

so today / tonight I manufactured with some lovely BMW bits from the local breakers an adapter loom conversion, Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

and without the wires fitted the critical 10 pin female plug!! Exclamation

Click image to enlarge

so I then with the table

Move pin 1 (on 10-pin connector) to pin 4 on 6-pin connector (white/blue)
Move pin 2 to pin 2 on 6-pin connector (white/brown)
Move pin 3 to pin 1 on 3-pin connector (brown)
Pin 4 is not connected
Move pin 5 to pin 3 on 3-pin connector (white/grey/yellow)
Move pin 6 to pin 1 on 6-pin connector (white/red)
Leave pin 7 - not needed (white/brown)
Leave pin 8 - not needed (brown)
Pin 9 is not connected
Move pin 10 to pin 2 on 3-pin connector (red/green)

of where each pin supply is from positioned them in, you only use 6 in total of the 8 in the original loom, but this prevents you from cutting the car loom should you ever sell it!.

I also add an additional iBus connection for my Reseler USB connection for the laptop to interface with the rangerover management system.

I WILL SHOW IN DETAIL THIS LATER.

I will post some photo's tommorrow of the assembly in the car with the Intravee II and the Intravee switch which allows 3 connections by Ai-Net, so thats my ipod , 6 disc MP3 / CD player and also my DVD player in the boot via a long Ai-Net cable , (still running this one)

The Important thing is getting the plugs from a BMW, the GOOD NEWS IS the car interior mirror has both the male and the female to allow you to make up this adapter, you will also find in the dash stereo position the ibus and 6 pin setereo plug you need for the Intravee II so this means with a soldering iron you can get it easily made!!!.

more to follow..... Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up :thumbsup:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Last edited by robbo770 on 16th Jun 2010 8:15pm. Edited 3 times in total

Post #11899 29th Jan 2010 12:32am
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi, i thought when you add the intravee 2 you lose the cd player, you have got the mp3 cd player, i would like to know what the manufacture date, should be after may 05..if you have the bm54 radio you should get artist and track name up on your display when playing a cd...where do you intend to mount your ipod
daveo V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #11940 29th Jan 2010 7:02pm
robbo770

Hi ,

my car was a late 04 build, I Have already sold the changer and shipped it, I have got the intravee II and the intravee 'switch' so I can now have up to 5 items added,

1. Alpine S634 6 Disc cd/Mp3 changer

2 Alpine 420i ipod unit (mounted in left footwell behind main wiring loom at bulkhead with foam packing, ipod cable run to glove box), deciding which ipod to purchase and will get cradle to suit.

3 Alpine S680P dvd/mp3/cd 6 disc changer in boot at left rear with video out through the Aux in connection, also going to try and use the Aux 2 connection with a earth trigger on the dash to get direct changeover to video feed from the dvd unit whilst the intravee will provide crystal sound quality via the Ai-Net system.

4 may get another Alpine boot 12 disc changer

5 spare at the moment

additionally I have added a ibus connection in the glove box for my usb resler navcoder connection, so I can then access the control systems of the car.

Last edited by robbo770 on 30th Jan 2010 6:34pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #11943 29th Jan 2010 7:17pm
daveo

your sound the same as mine..4.4 autobiography, changed the nav for the mk4, digital hybrid tuner,bm54 radio and alpine dvd player in boot fitted as standard, bmw bluetooth mobule with iphone mounted in centre consol.
the ipod was my next upgrade, keep posting you mode so i can get more info
thanks daveo V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #11945 29th Jan 2010 7:26pm
robbo770

I got the full build spec when my car was ordered from Land rover, the contact stated that although its listed as a Vogue , bar the rear screens(I will find your car and releave you of them!!!) that are not fitted, it was max'ed out on the spec upgrade, all autobiography wood, parchement piped leather seats front and rear heated, tinting mirrors and interior mirror, front rear parking etc,, etc,,etc.

He said that he was suprised the guy had not just ordered a autobiography, but it was a bulk order for a limo company for executive travel of about 10 cars apparently so they probably got a better discount!, then a director had it and now me.

done same upgraded to NAv mk4, trying to get my hands on a digital tv module!!!, came with the bluetooth in the boot, BM54 radio thankfully though,

best thing recently I did was the knuckle bushes complete with bolts, amazing diffrence in the car.

Post #11951 29th Jan 2010 7:43pm
daveo

what was the sympton of worn knuckles, did you do them your self,..........what was the date on the changer.

Post #11965 30th Jan 2010 12:23am
robbo770

squeaks from the suspension and just started to get slight knock from driverside under acceleration, all were well shot , but caught before they colapsed , this is when they really do not want to come out and you could end up with a bill for a lower arms.

see above I have already shipped the original changer so cannot tell you the serial / ate etc.

Rob

Post #11966 30th Jan 2010 12:38am
daveo

hi, no..the new one you put in, how did you know it was the mp3 version...will both the cd and intravee work to geather

Post #11967 30th Jan 2010 12:45am
robbo770

I got it from a guy who had it in a BMW with sounggate adapter doing the same job, so fitted straight in, its working with full info, did not even both to get the serial, wait till my short Ai-Net lead turns up , hopefully tommorrow and then the intravee can tell me it serial by interigation I believe.....

thats the advantage of the intravee Switch unit

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #11969 30th Jan 2010 12:57am
daveo

hi mate, so is both the cd player and intravee working,how do you select between them. what do you get on the select button on the head unit,
radio, tape,cd player...where does the intravee come in..

Post #11980 30th Jan 2010 10:14am
robbo770

Right this is the sequence of change,

1 remove existing cd changer to allow Intravee to connect on the CD wiring as the unit is designed to use this input.

2. carry out wiring modification to give you required ibus 3 pin and audio 6 pin plugs.

3. install MP3 / CD alpine S634 unit via the Ai-net connection on one of the inputs on the Intravee switch unit.(3 inputs available)

4. Connect via the switch Ai-Net output connection to the Ai-Net input connection on the Intravee, connect the new ibus 3 pin and audio 6 pin plugs.

5. switch on the car and select cd mode, the intravee powers up and has a huge menu for its use, the manual has 64 pages and can even programme keys on the head unit or steering wheel to do several functions.

6. With the power all off, Add a alpine 420i ipod interface onto another switch Ai-Net connection, then when you go back in the intravee now sees a choice of source of information and you can simple select as you would between them, like cd radio tape.......

7. run all leads to allow eaisy access for connections and firmware upgrade of the intravee,

Click image to enlarge

you can see the additional ibus connection for the usb interface for the laptop to access the cars management systems.

intravee switch all Ai-Net connections installed,

Click image to enlarge

and the switch connected to the Intravee II itself,

Click image to enlarge

and the Ipod connection awaiting an ipod, deciding which to purchase...

Click image to enlarge

and last the installed USB connection itself for accessding the cars own management system

Click image to enlarge

just found this on flee bay!!!,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Intravee-II-plus-Alp...3359afaa11

for an Intravee II and 420 alpine ipod adapter, all you need is an MP3 changer and the Switch and your away!!

Post #11994 30th Jan 2010 2:40pm
daveo

nice one mate, i am upto speed now...on the intravees menu,if you have the alpine dvd player connected via the Ai-net connector can you control it from the head unit at the front. does the switch unit come with the intravee or is it a 2nd unit you would have to buy... V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.

Post #12003 30th Jan 2010 5:49pm
robbo770

Its a second unit , almost like an expansion Hub , but the intravee controls it,

scoll down on the website to read more on it,

http://www.toysinyourcar.com/acatalog/intravee.html

I am still setting up the DVD currently and have not got it operational yet, did a bit too much last night with the car interior lights on and oops!! killed my batttery!!!!,

so the beast is on charge, it doesn't take long with at last count 12 interior lights to drain your juice, and that doesn't allow for the entertainment system on full pelt either!!.

also look on the Intravee II dorum, wxcwllent advise info and things for sale, check out the 2 links below

http://www.intravention.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=33.0

http://www.intravention.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=15.0

Post #12005 30th Jan 2010 6:22pm
delsilencio

France 2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Adriatic Blue

Found that, maybe the download is helpfull for someone:

http://pdftown.com/pdf-ebook.php?id=9691-PDF-291.jpg XJC, RRV8, Series1 86 and 107% of real pleasure

Post #12006 30th Jan 2010 6:46pm
robbo770

have just received the latest version of the firmware from Intravee support!, now V6-1140, if you need it PM me your email.

cheers

Post #12020 30th Jan 2010 9:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>