Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > LPG > Amazing honesty from LPG fitter
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
alz4321

2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

I read a lot on forums about the savings on lpg reducing as it used to be less than half the price of petrol. It doesn't make much sense to me. If you're saving 40/50p per litre against diesel after taking into account the other losses then that's still the same 40/50p that you would have saved when petrol/diesel was 80 odd pence and lpg was 30 or 40 odd pence. Surely it's still worthwhile ? I bought mine already converted but would just as happily have bought one and converted it.

Post #172178 14th Feb 2013 12:06am
D16XEY

Scotland 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
Prins LPG

Hi All, It does make sense to convert and run LPG,

A factor in your decision is the present mileage of the car and how many miles you do a year. You want to convert a car no more than 60K on the clock or buy any car that already has it done.

I had my V8 converted to a Prins at 56k odo and it has run problem free for 5 years now 142K. As both petrol, Diesel have increased in price what you need to consider is the differential in the price. Petrol now at £1.35 and LPG at £0.65p you are saving £0.70 per litre. Even taking into account the 25% reduction in fuel economy at worst (25% of £1.35) £0.3375p you still save £0.365 per litre, Don't know many people who would turn down paying £1.00 a litre ( pro-rata petrol to LPG) at a garage. Especially when your running a 16 mpg piece of pure magic.

Post #220661 4th Nov 2013 1:30pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

TugRR wrote:
I did some digging on this very subject some time ago relating to LPG conversions on AJV8 (n/a) engines. I spoke with JE Engineering who told me the same regarding the valves.

They can't all be making it up . . . . can they ?

Thumbs Up

I looked into LPG a few years back and JE said the same back then and were NOT converting the SC engines.

I did a bit of a long winded write up too...

http://www.fullfatrr.com/forum/topic119.html?highlight=lpg Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #220668 4th Nov 2013 1:49pm
n1cktdv8

2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

You can buy a lot of petrol for the cost of a conversion...and thats a very honest and open opinion from a trader...who has probably just won himself some business by being that honest Is this where I put the car details and a bit about myself ?........

Post #220696 4th Nov 2013 3:51pm
D16XEY

Scotland 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black
LPG COnversions

You can buy a lot of petrol for the price of a conversion, that's why it's not for everyone. You do have to keep the car for a while and do reasonable mileage to make it pay.

Post #220704 4th Nov 2013 4:45pm
Swithins

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Autobiography 4.2 SC V8 Buckingham Blue

I'm gona convert a 4.2 supercharged to lpg not because I can't afford to run it on unleaded but because I pay an accountant to keep my hard earned cash away from the a Censored les who tax me. Why on earth would I then pay for overpriced go go juice.

I run a 14 year old classic SL 500 on lpg, never had a problem. Been slagged off by the purists but I enjoy driving my car when I want, I look at the speedo and for lazy ray gun cops, not at the price of fuel and the fuel gauge. When I first owned an SL in 1996 a fiver gave me a quarter tank 65p a litre. Now it barely fills the filler. Am I getting a better deal for my tax dollar in the last 18 years???? Go on I dare you Evil or Very Mad

"Go Go juice is just that, it's fuel. Does a bag of chips from Kensington high street taste better or make you live longer? No it just costs more and only a moron will tell you different.

BTW, safety wise, fifth gear showed a fuel leak with LPG ANd then unleaded. The LPG went pop, the "normal" unleaded tank EXPLODED!!!! same car and only 2litres of fuel each.

"The rich are tight but stay wealthy, the poor moan about wanting to be rich then waste their money, the neauveux rich have reached stage 1 and will fast hit stage 2 and will then blame everyone else for it".

Post #220822 5th Nov 2013 12:42am
dingg1

2007 Range Rover Vogue SE 4.2 SC V8 Stornoway Grey

Swithins

I like the cut of your jib

Laughing Laughing

Post #220831 5th Nov 2013 8:14am
Stuart

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

I have a '54 plate with a BMW engine, and had it converted almost 3 years ago. Before having the conversion done, the "converter" let me have a test drive of a Supercharged (on which he'd done the gas install). The Supercharged belonged to a chap who runs a business selling gas conversion parts (we had his permission, of course)

Post #221197 6th Nov 2013 5:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12