Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > *** 2010 in car pc project UPDATE ***
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi dave, no never received it, PM sent. Thumbs Up V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #174615 26th Feb 2013 8:48am
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

Intel have just brought out their NUC (Next Unit of Computing) which is a PC 4x4x2 inches in size, uses an Initel i3 chip, can have 16Gb ram and up to 240Gb SSD. Would be great if something like this could be used as it is so compact . Also you can get a mounting bracket for it (as it is made to be attached to the back of a flat screen monitor). Thought it would be really expensive but is around £230..
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-ice-c...x-hdmi-g-b Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #174651 26th Feb 2013 4:48pm
cooler

Poland 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

Hi Matt, any news / progress ?

Post #219136 27th Oct 2013 8:31pm
mattstevenson2005

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

Hi Cooler, to be honest the project has sort of been retired/moth balled at the present time. Issues with getting the physical factory screen buttons to interface with the software and the issue that there is presently no windows based GPS software that integrates fully with Ride Runner that is supported by manufactures anymore have but spanners in the works and as i am a complete perfectionist i could not install something in my car that did not look and feel 100% factory.

If there is ever solutions to the 2 problems then my software/2010 ranger rover skin would be ready to use but at this time the world of carpc's is making a big shift to using mobile devices in replacement for the full blown pc hence why it is getting harder and harder to get supported hardware and software. In fact on my day off today i am in the process of ripping out my old in car DVD/PS2/RSE system and replacing it with an Apple TV solution to allow me to stream video/audio/internet to the car using my iPad and iPhone. I am planning on doing a write up for this new project later today.

Sorry if this is not the news you were hoping for and if there was any further developments in support for what i needed to complete the system i would still love to finish my carpc project as i have invested a few thousands in buying all the hardware so far.

If there is anyone out there that is good with arduino programming and wanted to help develop the physical button interface integration with the Ride Runner software i would be very grateful.

Matt

Post #219273 28th Oct 2013 12:27pm
Alistair

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Apple TV sounds interesting - how are you powering it - with an inverter ?

Post #219275 28th Oct 2013 12:34pm
mattstevenson2005

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

yes using the existing 12v > 240v inverter thats already powering my playstation 2. I have had the Apple TV solution running on the test bench so going to fit it in the car today. Will post pics and a write up later.

Matt

Post #219278 28th Oct 2013 12:41pm
cooler

Poland 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Zambezi Silver

well Matt .. You are right, it's not the news i was hoping for .. ;(
Arduino programming is not a big deal, its a simplified C with a lot of dll's available on the net.
IMHO its a waste of time and money if You surrender and stop this project at so advanced stage.
There is plenty of solutions and project, tablets, apple tv's , raspberry pi carputers etc .. but Yours is as close to original as possible with a functionality of PC and thats what i like Wink

Post #219385 28th Oct 2013 7:51pm
iluha528

Russia 2008 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

mattstevenson2005 wrote:
yes using the existing 12v > 240v inverter thats already powering my playstation 2. I have had the Apple TV solution running on the test bench so going to fit it in the car today. Will post pics and a write up later.

Matt

Hi Matt!
I'm already using Apple TV in my 2008 RR for 8 month. QVIF interface was used and a power adapter. Several HDMI cables (for rear monitors also) and HDMI splitter. Also installed WiFi router in the back of the car plus 4G modem. If you need any photos or have any questions you are welcome.

BR Ilya

Post #223004 14th Nov 2013 9:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12