Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Off Topic - Other Cars > Which would you choose ?
Which would you choose
Aston DB7
8%
 8%  [4]
Aston DB9
57%
 57%  [26]
Bentley GT
33%
 33%  [15]
Total Votes: 45

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
cleughy

England 2004 Range Rover Vogue Td6 Santorini Black

Only pensioners drive an Aston where I live

Post #174163 24th Feb 2013 10:32am
AMD

United Kingdom 

If your friend is less than 50 and semi retired or a Premiership footballer then none of the above.

The DB7 is two Mondeo ST24 V6 engines mounted together on a Jag XJS chassis and as already stated, all parts are from the Ford parts bins. A very nice car in its day, but now belongs in history.

The Bentley is a lovely AWD car, I would want the V8. It is engineered and built well, like all VW's but does have the reputation as fitting the older retired gent or the new yuppy / footballer.

The Aston is the car of choice, the sound and admiration alone is worth the drive, however, it is a GT and drives like one.

These are my opinions and yes, I have driven all three but never owned them as I am still too young Smile Current MY2020
Gone: 1 x L405 and 2 x L322's

Post #174178 24th Feb 2013 12:06pm
dhallworth

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography TDV8 Baltic Blue

For me it would be the Aston hands down.

I went to Stratstone Aston Martin in Wilmslow as they had all models of Aston there to try and they'd been the most helpful of all the dealers I'd spoken to on the phone.

I couldn't decide between the DB9 with the V12 or the V8 Vantage with the proper manual box. I sat in the DB9 but found that the roof was to low. Being 6ft 4 I just couldn't get comfy in it. The V8 Vanage, although smaller has more room in the cabin.

I drove a 2012 4.7 SportShift as they didn't have a manual in stock unfortunately. I was really taken by how well the car drove. Firm and good on the bends without being harsh, the driving position was great and the noise from the V8 was amazing.

I then started to think about a V12 Vantage as it was a manual, with the V12 engine in the body I could get comfy in. The V12 Vantage has much much firmer suspension on it though making it not as comfy for long distance cruising.

I'm now looking for a late 4.3 or a 4.7 manual V8 Vantage in dark blue with black leather.

When I was at yet he dealer they had a 2006 V8 Vantage in Toro Red with black leather and red stitching, 1 owner from new, 6 service stamps in the book but only 6k miles on it. Really wish I'd bought it now but hey ho!

David. 2002 4.6 Vogue SE - Alveston Red with Lightstone Leather
2007 Range Rover Supercharged in Java Black with Ivory Leather
2012 Range Rover 5.0 SC Autobiography in Indus Silver with Jet/Ivory Interior
2012 Range Rover 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography in Baltic Blue with Sand Interior

Post #174595 26th Feb 2013 12:05am
KurtVerbose

Switzerland 2007 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Stornoway Grey

Just not the DB7. If you're considering that or a DB9 it's like deciding between an L322 and a P38.

The Bentley weighs nearly 2.5 tonnes and underneath it's a Pheaton. It has a typical VW/Audi layout - large engine hung ahead of the torque converter and front axle. It's a 911 in reverse. You will look a cock in it - a limp one.

The DB9 is a bit special. Yes the engine is two ford blocks, but it's still a great engine. The chassis is bespoke. There are faster cars for the money and it will be expensive to run, but it'll always be great to get in and drive. People may think you're a cock but they'll like the car more than they hate you. Gets my vote, and yes I'd be tempted to get one if I wasn't saving up for a boat.

Post #174596 26th Feb 2013 12:39am
campaj1

United Kingdom 

am I the weirdo who quite likes the DB7? Yes I know its a cramped XJS in drag, but its rather gorgeous, don't you think? DB9 looks like a modern interpretation... Bentleys have been overdone here in cheshire too Evil or Very Mad

Post #174598 26th Feb 2013 1:08am
RR2008HSE

Canada 2008 Range Rover HSE 4.4 V8 Java Black

If your car is going to look like another car, there are many worse looking cars to copy than an XJS! Thumbs Up

Post #174604 26th Feb 2013 4:38am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12