Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > TDV8 Engine misfire and misting rear lamps
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
claud

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Corris Grey
TDV8 Engine misfire and misting rear lamps

My Vogues SE is coming to the end of the 3yr factory warranty (I have a fourth year extension). I booked my car into Guava later in March for MOT, annual service and to fix an engine fault, missing on start up and occasional hesitation ( I suspected an injector had gone).

William the service desk guy suggested I drop it in on the way home to pop it on the diagnostics machine. Tim the workshop manager took it in to the shop and confirmed it was number 2 injector gone and it needed to be in for 5 hours for that job alone. However there were no other significant fault codes'Razz', just low voltage on lights - they all do that.

I had pointed the same issue out to Hunters on a post purchase fix-issues visit and they could not identify the fault and said Customer needs to demonstrate fault Banging Head. Here is a clear example of a different level of maintenance and attitude towards the customer. Having used Guava for servicing on my Disco 3, I new they listened to the customer and paid attention to detail, and above all fixed things.

While I was their I aksed Tim about the fogging of the rear lights, I had photos of fogging from the side. He said get some from the rear showing the fog obscuring the brake or indicator, which I will do at they right point, they can then be swapped for the modified ones.

Chatting a bit more, Tim said they had recently had a TDV8 sport in with a failed turbo, before I new it I was taken into an office to be shown a photo of how it is done, the recommended Land Rover way - body off! They had lifted the body up, exposed chassis and engine to get to the rear of the engine to replace the turbo. It took them a little longer than Land Rover allowed (10 hours) due to an Overfinch body kit and the desire not to bust anything on parting the body. I hope to get a copy of the picture and I will post it. Hunters mechanics popped over to have a look, as they had never done it and don't have the right hoist for the body any way.

I'll report back if everything is sorted on mine at the end of March. 2018 Range Rover Autobiography
2010 Land Rover Freelander XS
1959 Series II
1950, 1952, 1954. 1955, 1957 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance

Post #14008 27th Feb 2010 7:18pm
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

Very Interesting stuff! Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #14088 1st Mar 2010 11:04am
claud

United Kingdom 2018 Range Rover Autobiography TDV6 Corris Grey

I picked up my VSE from Guava today. Serviced, MOT and cleaned. They also did the the faulty injector. I am sure the engine has more pull than before, but I may be imagining it, it was no slouch before.

The rear lights were not fixed under warranty, pending me providing evidence of misting obscuring the indicator or brake lights.

William the Service guy called three times to keep me appraised of progress, he also gave me a 10% discount on the standard £405 cost of the Inspection 2 service. May not be the best price in the country but in Surrey you get what you can.......................

William offers 10% discount to all forum members on quoting fullfatrr.com for servicing. Darren can be quite competetive on parts too.

http://www.guavaguildford.co.uk/

They are still using MG hatchback cars as courtesy vehicles, which is fine if you have anoter vehicle to drive and can hide it as it has Guava plastered all over it. I had too adrive at as my Defender V8 concidentally developed a battery fault, so its now down at Dunsfolds Land Rover for some fettling next week.

http://www.dunsfold.com/

They supplied the Defender to its previous owner 19 years ago! 2018 Range Rover Autobiography
2010 Land Rover Freelander XS
1959 Series II
1950, 1952, 1954. 1955, 1957 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance

Post #15755 26th Mar 2010 10:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1