Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > My Range Rover > Facelift Interior - Why did they bother?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Print this entire topic · 
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Why electronic handbrake? Because it takes up very little space (No huge ugly handle), works perfectly when (and if) you need it and you cannot drive off with the handbrake on . No brainer IMHO.

give it time you haven't had the vehicle long enough, it will get clogged with dust and grime and become inoperative. We have had problems on two of our vehicles.

Even LR's own drivers acknowledge there is a problem with it. On a recent LR experience day I was and all the other drivers were told NOT to apply the electronic park brake as they became clogged with mud on a daily basis and wre more troublke than they were worth.

May be OK on a road going car though !

Post #14677 10th Mar 2010 11:43am
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Vogue wrote:
Quote:
Why electronic handbrake? Because it takes up very little space (No huge ugly handle), works perfectly when (and if) you need it and you cannot drive off with the handbrake on . No brainer IMHO.

give it time you haven't had the vehicle long enough, it will get clogged with dust and grime and become inoperative. We have had problems on two of our vehicles.

Even LR's own drivers acknowledge there is a problem with it. On a recent LR experience day I was and all the other drivers were told NOT to apply the electronic park brake as they became clogged with mud on a daily basis and wre more troublke than they were worth.

May be OK on a road going car though !

For you're info I have had an electronic Handbrake since early 2005!

I had a new 2005 RRS first for a year then a new 2006 Disco3 Metropolis for 3.3 years before a Couple of FFRR's for only three months before the 2007 TDV8 with electronic handbrake again....

Never had a single problem with it but then I have never had a problem with any of my Newer Land Rovers (only the 2003 & 2006 FFRR's) Very Happy

Post #14679 10th Mar 2010 11:57am
Vogue

United Kingdom 

Gary, if you haven't had any problems with it, then you have been very lucky. We have had problems with them being inoperative and also squealing due to not releasing properly. Perhaps we shouldn't be using our vehicles the way LR intended - off road! or even perhaps the way LR experience use theirs - which is not exactly strenuous...

Post #14682 10th Mar 2010 1:35pm
Gazellio @ Prestige Cars

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover SE Td6 Zermatt Silver

Vogue wrote:
Gary, if you haven't had any problems with it, then you have been very lucky. We have had problems with them being inoperative and also squealing due to not releasing properly. Perhaps we shouldn't be using our vehicles the way LR intended - off road! or even perhaps the way LR experience use theirs - which is not exactly strenuous...

It must be all that off-road mud & dirt as I only use mine on-road and the step brackets make it difficult to use properly off-road.

Personally I really like the electronic brake system.

Post #14684 10th Mar 2010 2:43pm
jayzee

2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

Same on our company fleet of Passats - all had electronic handbrake issues of one sort or another, so not just a LR problem. Java with Ivory 2006 4.2 Supercharged. 23.5k miles - NOW SOLD!

Post #14765 11th Mar 2010 11:21pm
tvrforever

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Westminster 4.4 V8 Santorini Black

agree with some of the points here - my MY2012 Westminster has less cubby holes that my previous c-class Merc! Obvious ones being a pocket on front of the seats, little net on right side of passenger footwell, places to stow coins, phone & key etc. And why the CD player is in the dash top glovebox rather than in the boot is beyond me...

Don't get me wrong it's a wonderful place to travel in, just feels like the designers didn't use & drive the car on the road in urban / family environment very often. I'm trying a brand new MY16 405 on Friday, will be interesting to see if they've accommodated some points...

Post #384913 2nd May 2016 3:51pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

Im afraid not sir Whistle

405 owners complain more about cup holders & space! Oh and the infotainment system Whistle Whistle Whistle Those seat heater woes Whistle Laughing

Post #384914 2nd May 2016 4:01pm
Spooky

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Corris Grey

Martin wrote:
Adam, if the cup holders are the same your RRS ones you need to get some of the newer 08MY+ D3/RRS cup holders which have rubber inserts:

FWW500160 approx £5 each, less from our sponsors no doubt Cool

My 2010 VSE already has these inserts fitted ... Regards,
Mick

'Bertha' - 2014 SDV8 Autobigraphy
'Vincent' - 2010 TdV8 Vogue SE
- 'Molly' - 2005 HSE Auto
'Dixie' - 2000 D2 Td5 ES

Post #384930 2nd May 2016 7:07pm
fisha

2015 Range Rover Autobiography SDV8 Aruba

I have to agree with some of the original points.

Centre console is a step backwards in areas . . . especially the lack of leave a phone somewhere docket. The original used to have a square thing at the front that you could stand an phone in or the long pen trays would hold stuff neatly and properly. Now the cup holders are the only place, and they don't sit or fit well. Totally agree with the comment of the cup holders not being able to hold anything either, whether its bottles or cans, they just don't sit upright properly. To me thats fundamentally poor design from the outset. Also, whilst the e-brake may take up less space, they still managed to leave you with less usable space.

As for the overall dash design. I've never managed to get my head round the idea of it being split into 3 sections. Left, centre, right. The original had single full width pieces running horizontally. Now thats broken up. The simple reason is that it makes it easier to change from RHD to LHD on the manufacturing line, but for an RR, I just think that cheap design that should be left for simple eurobox cars. IT gives it a feel of bits bolted together rather than the previous large solid design. V8 or else ...

Post #385687 7th May 2016 8:39am
wealy

United Kingdom 2014 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Luxor

The 405 does not have the sunglasses thingy up by the rear view mirror - now that is a big mistake!

Post #385693 7th May 2016 9:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12