Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > In Car Electronics (L322) > Digital TV Upgrade
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 18 <123 45 ... 161718>
Print this entire topic · 
RRVSE

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Vogue SDV8 Corris Grey

Hi Steve, I've tried the link you provided again and saved the pdf file, but can't spot any difference from the original one? Ta. Sad Steve

Main car : FFRR L405 Vogue SDV8
Other car : Vauxhall Lotus Carlton
Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #18033 10th May 2010 12:04am
doublejay

....my dealer won't confirm availability so I'm still watching this one with interest !

Post #18039 10th May 2010 9:01am
stevegt

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Cairns Blue

Sorry about that here is a new link to the updated file

TV Tuner Removal/Install 06MY 4.4 V8 Autobiography Cairns Blue with Navy & Parchment Interior

Post #18043 10th May 2010 12:13pm
RRVSE

Cheers Steve, got the new pdf.
Doublejay et all - hopefully will have all info available to you soon.
Ta Steve

Past cars : FFRR L322 Vogue TD6 SE (Sept 2006 MY07) ; LandCruiser SWB ; 4-Runner ; Supras; XJS V12 LeMans

Post #18060 10th May 2010 4:24pm
RRVSE

Hi Folks, not good news Big Cry Took car in today to have the part fitted. Got the part # and a piccy to post here when done, but an hr or so later got a call to say the wrong part had been ordered. The part I was quoted for and that was ordered was the TV unit that feeds the rear headrest screens, not a digi upgrade. (don't know why there is the £100 surcharge on that though unless they send the returned 'failed' unit off for repair?). You can get the digital upgrade , but its a staggering £730ish + VAT +> over £850 excl fitting!! so even I won't pay that as I don't reckon I'd get any where near the money back when I come to trade in. Mind you, if I got someone in the trade to buy it, I could maybe get 15-20% off and then definitely fit it myself. The only good result is that I decided to get the dealer to fit the unit today, so it's not cost me a penny. Ah well! Steve

Post #18217 14th May 2010 11:23am
doublejay

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

As you say. : Staggering.

Oh well. Have to wait and see what turns up. I don't need it at that price. Sad

Thanks for sharing.

Post #18225 14th May 2010 3:10pm
stevegt

I'm sorry to hear that, I was hoping that you had found a sympathetic dealer...

The absolute best price that I have managed to get for the hybrid tuner (LR014222) is £558.60 + VAT...

Steve 06MY 4.4 V8 Autobiography Cairns Blue with Navy & Parchment Interior

Post #18227 14th May 2010 3:22pm
RRVSE

Only think that was right is that they are currently charging £75/hr incl vat for labour which seems pretty good.
SteveGT was that £550 with some sort of trade discount? I must admit, I might be tempted to pay that and definitiely fit it myself though which would end up about £150 more than I thought I was originally going to pay. I've also had another idea which goes to the other end of the pricing , it's the mini digi tuner at http://www.parkmyauto.co.uk/parkmyauto-min...-848-p.asp [url]

I was thinking that as it's small and uses a cigarette lighter plug for its supply, I could put it inside my armrest (where there's also a cigarette lighter socket of course) and wire it into the armrest aux inputs for the rear screens, but change it to use the existing aerial instead of the one supplied. Its also got the benefit of a usb port and sd card reader. As its only £50 I could just link it up initially before fitting to see what the quality was like and if no use, stick it on ebay and sell it on. Cheap n Cheerful but may surprise me and do the job. Very Happy Steve

Post #18245 14th May 2010 5:32pm
jayzee

2006 Range Rover Vogue SE Supercharged Java Black

Give it time... they are bound to come down in price. I'm in no rush, and can live without TV until prices for the upgrade become more sensible.

DCC 4x4 may come into these before long Thumbs Up Java with Ivory 2006 4.2 Supercharged. 23.5k miles - NOW SOLD!

Post #18265 15th May 2010 1:48am
RRVSE

We live in hope. I've now actually thought of another method which uses the £50 unit I mentioned earlier, but involves feeding it into a short range UHF modulator so I can transmit the signal from the digibox as a UHF signal within the car and pick it up on the TV the same way as I did analogue stations, this way , I could have TV in the front and back ( as, if I'm not mistaken, the 'AUX' connectors in the back of the armrest only feed the rear 2 screens, whereas my method would feed all 3). Very Happy Steve

Post #18384 17th May 2010 7:25pm
wiggs

Hi

Im a sponser over on D3 site . I have some brand new D4 tv tuners . I have fitted 2 into RR and they work no problem ...they even have EPG ( electronic proggramming guide ) on them

If RRVSE wants to pop over ( im only a few miles from Bury ) i can plug one in and show you that it works .

There is no software updates / arials to change ...

These are analog / digital tv tuners ( so best of both worlds )

These only work with the touch screen models ( after 2005 ..i believe ) with the MOST fiber optics

They are slighty smaller than the original tuners , so a new bracket would have to made up , or just tuck it down the side of the old one

LR List price £1350 ...mine £300 Thumbs Up

Post #19066 29th May 2010 2:24pm
stevegt

I must say that that sounds very interesting. So it is just unplug the old tuner from the boot and plug in your D4 box? how do you access the epg? How much would I be looking at to get one with a new bracket?

Steve 06MY 4.4 V8 Autobiography Cairns Blue with Navy & Parchment Interior

Post #19073 29th May 2010 3:41pm
wiggs

The EPG is automatic ..just comes on when you select the channel ..although there maybe another menu i have not tryed .

Here are some pics of it ..its in a d3 ..but you can see the EPG

New D4 tuner bracket is about £12 ...i dont know if it will mount direct ? i have a D3 so it would be a case of someone trying ..or if they come to me i would have a look ( i dont normally fit stuff for a job )

The 2 i have tryed , had the back already removed , so we just plugged the tuner in and tryed . Left it to them to fit .

Tryed one in a RRSport today , that is very easy to get to by just removing the rear cubby box cover . There is room down the front to put the new one without removing the old one .

Oh Embarassed yes its a straight swap wiring wise ..just 4 connectors ..2 for left / right antennas , power , and most connector .

Post #19078 29th May 2010 4:40pm
doublejay

Only 90 mins up the road Wiggs - I'm up for it. Discount for being guinnea pig ???

Post #19086 29th May 2010 6:58pm
dantheman

United Kingdom 

Also interested Wiggs - I'm down in Burnley next weekend so could drop down to you if you're about...

Post #19099 29th May 2010 8:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 4 of 18 <123 45 ... 161718>