Home > Wheels & Tyres > Rear wheel vibration: Cured
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black
Rear wheel vibration: Cured

A couple of weeks ago I had the rear brake discs and pads replaced and then had to drive to Heathrow for a quick jaunt down to South Africa for 11 days.

On my way down I noticed that for the first time ever on this car, I had wheel vibration, but coming through the seat back, identifying it as the rear wheels and not the fronts. As I'd had the work done it was clearly going to be the rears.

I was concerned that perhaps the new brake discs were warped or out of balance (Had this once on another car) and plotted to get it fixed upon my return.

Then I noticed as I was unloading my cases that the alloys had been put back on the opposite sides. I know this because the OSR wheel has a minor chip on one of the spokes where a stone has hit it.

Apart from the fact that if your wheels are spinning in one direction their entire life and you make them go in the opposite direction it might cause an issue, most tyres are directional these days, and my Michelins are no different.

So, on the way back from Heathrow yesterday I had them swapped over again. Instant bliss ! Thumbs Up

So apart from tread pattern design for water dispersion, it seems directional tyres are also only balanced in one direction! Very Happy Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #193616 12th Jun 2013 9:06am
ebajema

New Zealand 2010 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Galway Green

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up MY 2010 5.0 SC Galway green and sand interior!!
Have the Faultmate MSV2 Extreme to be tinkering with the settings etc. !!

Post #193618 12th Jun 2013 9:07am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1