2004 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Java Black

daveo wrote:
hi is yours a uk 4.4 petrol

Yes. 2004 model.

Post #62341 1st May 2011 9:25pm
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

kmhphoto wrote:
I'm about to change the two upper breather pipes on our car but the pipe arrangement appears different to the ones in an earlier post - unless I'm seeing things incorrectly of course!

But I have this illustration from the workshop manual and its how my pipes look. Is it me or are the pipes connected differently in the two images?

It'll make sense when you see them in the flesh. The two pictures are the same, just the top one is from the parts catalogue.

Dan 

Post #62343 1st May 2011 9:48pm
jonminns

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Vogue TDV8 Santorini Black

I had a look at mine the other day with the engine cover off expecting to see a load of mush, however the 2 top hoses appeared fine. Am I looking at the right thing? 2 hoses next to each other at the back but on top of the engine 2008/58 FFRR 3.6 TDV8 Vogue

Post #62353 1st May 2011 11:39pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

sounds like them, they must of been replaced at some point but i bet the never done the other one...its at the bottom of the cyclone unit and is very hard to get to... V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #62354 1st May 2011 11:45pm
kmhphoto

dan_uk_1984 wrote:

It'll make sense when you see them in the flesh. The two pictures are the same, just the top one is from the parts catalogue.

Dan[/quote]

The one from the parts catalogue looks like it has the hose thats connected to the top of the oil separator going to the vent valve which is not how they are on our car - we've had it from new and its never had them replaced.

Thanks.

Post #62370 2nd May 2011 11:47am
dan_uk_1984

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Tonga Green

I see what you mean, the upper hose is connected to the valve, where as the lower hose is connected to the rocker cover. But on the WSM diagram it's the other way round.

They can only go one way as the pipes are different lengths and moulded as such, so if you were to replace them then you wouldn't be able to get it wrong.

I'm surprised you're on your original set from new, very surprised - as I've never met a RR over 50K where these haven't turned to mush.

Can you feel down the back and get hold of the one on the end of the cyclone, is that OK?

Dan 

Post #62374 2nd May 2011 11:57am
kmhphoto

dan_uk_1984 wrote:
I see what you mean, the upper hose is connected to the valve, where as the lower hose is connected to the rocker cover. But on the WSM diagram it's the other way round.

They can only go one way as the pipes are different lengths and moulded as such, so if you were to replace them then you wouldn't be able to get it wrong.

I'm surprised you're on your original set from new, very surprised - as I've never met a RR over 50K where these haven't turned to mush.

Can you feel down the back and get hold of the one on the end of the cyclone, is that OK?

Dan

The pipes on my car are fitted as they appear in the WSM with the lower hose going to the valve.

The car has had a very easy life having covered just over 21,000 miles and only 54 miles in the last 15 months as its kept on a SORN for sentimental reasons.

I'm not actually doing the work myself as my daughters boyfriend is a trainee mechanic and is desperate to get into my good books.

Post #62399 2nd May 2011 4:33pm
Stephen.125

2011 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Santorini Black

Quick mini thread jack for a stupid question: does the jag s/c engine need these doing too? If anyone knows it would be great before I take the engine cover off.

Cheers, sorry for the thread jack!

Post #62476 3rd May 2011 10:46am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12