Advertise on fullfatrr.com »

Home > General > Are ALL Range Rover (Sport/Vogue) drivers disabled?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 4 <1234>
Print this entire topic · 
47p2

Scotland 

I will need to come of my diet now before I drive the FFRR, after all we have a reputation that we really should keep up Laughing Laughing

Post #203181 9th Aug 2013 10:43pm
campaj1

United Kingdom 

haha god help us all! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZaZniN-cpELaughing

Post #203182 9th Aug 2013 10:46pm
Mph28mph

United Kingdom 2002 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Giverny Green

Just found the original post and a reply by a certain FFRR member

Re: Are ALL Range Rover (Sport/Vogue) drivers disabled?
by 47p2 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:55 pm

I'm a Range Rover owner and driver. I never spent all that money to sit in the inside or middle lane of the motorway, Range Rovers automatically steer to the right for the sole purpose of hogging the outside lane. Nor do they pay £100k to sit in a queue of traffic, queues are for lesser mortals in Fords, Vauxhalls, Hondas, Nissans etc.

As for parking, didn't you know the disabled and children bays are much wider, so therefore less chance of the plebs opening doors and bashing our £100k vehicles.

Maybe the OP should make friends with a Range Rover owner and experience something new, but only from the passenger seat as you have to be a really top notch driver before you're allowed to actually drive one.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #203183 9th Aug 2013 10:46pm
campaj1

United Kingdom 

^^ Rolling with laughter

Post #203184 9th Aug 2013 10:50pm
paneldamage

United Kingdom 

Timely post.... I had a strange experience this week, parked correctly in a public car park, all day at work, returned to my car to find a letter tucked into the door, basically a completely vitriolic abusive offensive disgusting rant about range rovers, private number plates, fuel consumption, interspersed with generalised comments about my likely nature, etc etc. all written in big black shouty strokes of his ( or maybe her ) pen. Totally weird, and done in a very offensive way.
Analysing it, I had driven into work early, not upset anybody on the way, the car park was empty when I parked up, so it seems like some random thing - maybe it's the guy from the OP!

Post #203189 9th Aug 2013 11:17pm
47p2

Scotland 

Mph28mph wrote:
Just found the original post and a reply by a certain FFRR member

Yes a proper bell-end Laughing Laughing

Post #203190 9th Aug 2013 11:32pm
Cam-Tech-Craig

England 2015 Range Rover SVAutobiography SDV8 Loire Blue

paneldamage wrote:
Timely post.... I had a strange experience this week, parked correctly in a public car park, all day at work, returned to my car to find a letter tucked into the door, basically a completely vitriolic abusive offensive disgusting rant about range rovers, private number plates, fuel consumption, interspersed with generalised comments about my likely nature, etc etc. all written in big black shouty strokes of his ( or maybe her ) pen. Totally weird, and done in a very offensive way.
Analysing it, I had driven into work early, not upset anybody on the way, the car park was empty when I parked up, so it seems like some random thing - maybe it's the guy from the OP!

Seal it in an envelope and keep it somewhere safe just incase your car gets damaged at a later date... All good evidence for the police or the insurance company... Thumbs Up

Post #203191 9th Aug 2013 11:38pm
Vogue

United Kingdom 

@ 47p2 Shocked Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Bow down

Oh Hell ! looks like I'll have to stop sucking up the atmosphere and dumping fuel! Cool 2021 L405 Vogue SE 4.4 V8 DIESEL ~ #17

Post #203203 10th Aug 2013 8:57am
E4 GUY

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Java Black

I found original post too ... What a narrow minded numpty

Obviously very anti 4x4...Same could be said for MLs, X5's, Q7s
Jeez someone with a rangey must have ran off with his wife or something Laughing Alcohol and eBay is never a good mix

2006 4.2 Supercharged, Java Black

Post #203225 10th Aug 2013 12:53pm
Katash

England 2007 Range Rover Supercharged 4.2 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

After a polite but failed attempt by myself to get the OP and his supporters to see sense I've come to the conclusion he (and chums) are a bunch of complete bell-ends with an axe to grind.

Let them gripe on is my view - I've resisted the urge to get dragged down to his level.

Post #203353 11th Aug 2013 2:35am
Simple1

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

paneldamage wrote:

Must be local push bike brigade in Bath Rolling with laughter had the same verbal abuse as your note in a line of traffic because in the eyes of said bike rider, I was blocking his way which was down a narrow road. He had passed several vehicles between the curb and car but had to mount pavement to get round me. Listened to first 20 secs of verbal before closing window. I did resist temptation to get out and place him and his bike through cafe window though Bow down

As for the parking issue, don't park in disabled spots, but do use children area for same reason, I'm Censored of with my car being damaged because four acre car parks are divided into boxes to park classic minis in so car is full width of box and hangs out into lane as far to short. Maybe said OP should start protesting about bigger parking spaces? TDV8 Vogue SE 2009.
TDV8 Sport. Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!
Other toys in the cupboard.......

Post #203357 11th Aug 2013 5:23am
stan
Site Moderator

Location: a moderate moderated moderator moderating moderately in moderation

United Kingdom 

i agree with the car park space being to small, even the modern mini is twice as big as the original one which in the 'old' days would fit ok ... ... - .- -.

click link for ,

FORUM WIKI

HOW TO Ǝꓕ∀ꓕOꓤ PICS

workshop manual downloads are in our wiki

Post #203362 11th Aug 2013 7:42am
Nomad

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Autobiography 5.0 SC V8 Zermatt Silver

I got a rant note under my wipers when I parked at IKEA a few weeks back. I know what was I thinking going to IKEA! Embarassed Anyway the wife and I parked up safely between two other cars. She got out first and watched me park up. Just about within the white lines but ok for other cars to open their doors.

Got back to the car later and there was a note under the wipers. A full size of A4 written in a childish style in mostly capitals but with each small letter 'i' topped by a circle as primary school girls do. Anyway the lady, cos it was clearly a female from the style and the handwriting, accused me of badly damaging her car so that her 'mudguard' fell off?! She did comment that there wasn't even a scratch on my car which sort of defeated her point a bit. There was a rant about my ridiculously large vehicle and how I clearly didn't care what I did to others because I drove such a huge car.

Despite the enormous damage I was accused of doing she had left without leaving a contact number. I have to say I was quite upset to be accused in this way as I had parked so carefully. Perhaps the car that was previously parked in my bay had clipped her car on the way out. Anyay it just goes to show that we are guilty until proven innocent.

On the plus side my wife now knows I'll never go to IKEA again! Very Happy 2012 5.0L S/C
Previous:
3.6 TDV8
4.4 HSE
P38 4.6 HSE
Classic 3.9
90 County
Series3 Lightweight

Post #203378 11th Aug 2013 9:03am
RRUK
Site Supporter

United Kingdom 2019 Range Rover Vogue SE SDV8 Santorini Black

I've had abuse from pedestrians when sitting at traffic crossings, as they walk in front of me.

I salute them in the appropriate manner when I am annoyed by it, most times I just smile back at them and give them a friendly wave, like you would if they were a friend, it seems to completely flummox their vitriol and anger.

My mum did a classic one years ago, driving round in her XJS someone shouted at her "Rich b*tch!" so she wound down the window and retorted "Poor B*stard!" Rolling with laughter Discovery 4 HSE
1998 110 TUM HS FFR Hard Top XD WOLF
1982 Series 3 Hard Top

*Gone:L462 D5 HSE LUX, L663 Defender 110 HSE, Discovery 3 HSE, 2014MY Range Rover Sport 5.0 Supercharged AB Dynamic; L405 Exec Vogue SE 4.4, 5.0 Supercharged Autobiography, Defender TDCi XS CSW, Defender TD5 HT, Vogue SE TDV8, Vogue TD6, RRSport SC 4.2V8, Classic 3.9 Vogue Auto, Land Rover Series 3 SWB

Post #203381 11th Aug 2013 9:10am
Simple1

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Santorini Black

Watch out for an eronious insurance claim in the not too distant..... TDV8 Vogue SE 2009.
TDV8 Sport. Gone. Loved it but it didn't love me!
Other toys in the cupboard.......

Post #203385 11th Aug 2013 9:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 4 <1234>