Home > Maintenance & Mods (L322) > Halfords Paint Codes
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
DeltaC

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue
Halfords Paint Codes

Gents,
I was in our local branch getting a couple of aerosol cans of Brunel and it was a bit laborious....

I gave the fellow the BRMC code but he was afamant he needed the vehicle details - They had "Range Rover" but in the next menu box, no codes or colours. They did not even have "Land Rover" and the "BMW" Codes all started with BMW...

Half a dozen times he told me "Sorry Sir, we don't have it" but I kept at him and then pointed out that the first letters of the code relate to the manufacturer so "BLMC" probably stands for "British Leyland Motor Cars" - Bingo!!! He barely grasped the concept of an alphabetical search but eventually we got to the Brunel code...

The aerosols are £12 each and I used one can last night to do the side vents and grill.

So, if you go to get some, persevere - it is there.

Does anybody have a comprehensive list of Halfords colour codes for the body paints? My concern being that as the "Range Rover" folder is empty, you won't get the paint unless there is a "BLMC" code that leads to the same result...

Post #16657 15th Apr 2010 8:14am
delamo

England 2007 Range Rover Vogue SE TDV8 Tonga Green

Sorry to point this out DeltaC - but the Halfords/Holts code for the Brunel paint which I provided last week (and RRUK has since posted as a sticky) is

BLVC LBO (Paint description-(LRVO) Brunel Grey Silver Chrome Matt)

and is listed in the ROVER paintcodes on their computers (BLVC = British Leyland Vehicle Corporation)...

not

BRMC or BLMC...etc as you had mentioned Wink

Anyways - looks like you got hold of some eventually - now you have tried it, what do you think Question

Thumbs Up

Post #16690 15th Apr 2010 4:23pm
DeltaC

United Kingdom 2003 Range Rover Vogue 4.4 V8 Buckingham Blue

Delamo,
Cheers for that Very Happy I have to confess I did think about opening up another tab to check the spelling but didn't, that was why I didn't list the full code because I was certain I'd get the 2nd bit wrong - never mind the first, I thought I had that nailed - thanks for the correction though..

I actually though it was excellent paint to use - I got a fantastic finish on the grill and side vents. So much so, I'm going to repaint the headlight wipers and some of the interior trim handles etc. Patience seems to be the answer - lots of thin coats with a few minutes between although they it is quick to dry.

Post #16709 15th Apr 2010 10:27pm
daveo

United Kingdom 2004 Range Rover Autobiography 4.4 V8 Java Black

hi, i got a can mixed from halfords, its a good match but would like to point out it is a darker silver to the newer grills, s/c ect ..its ment for the pre 05 cars they used it on the grill,vents,handles and bonnet trim. on the face lift the use a lighter silver on the grills and vents but funny they still use the darker silver on the bonnet and handle trims right up to the 2010 V8 facelift Range Rover Autobiography 22" wheels.
1976 Harley Davidson Iron Head Sportster

Post #16716 15th Apr 2010 11:06pm
Phoenix

United Kingdom 

Having rang Halfords call centre to be told I needed to go into a branch to order Brunel Grey - and it was definitely something they would be able to do....

The spotty oik behind the counter said they didn't sell aerosol paint any more 'because the law' and thoughtfully added 'the supplier gone bust'

I found some here https://autocarpaint.co.uk/products/land-r...lbo-bu0115
Obviously the gloss lacquer is wrong and they don't sell a matt lacquer - but you can order just the basecoat for £14.95 per can, inc postage.
I ordered one late on Wednesday, it turned up today and seems to be a good match

Click image to enlarge

The basecoat only edge is against a new side vent and looks pretty good to me, I'm going to get some Hycote matt lacquer to seal the paint, which should give the right finish.

If you want to order some, go to https://autocarpaint.co.uk/products/t-paint and fill in the 'car paint by reg. number part making sure you put Brunel Chrome Finish LB0 as the paint code and you should get this turn up.

Click image to enlarge

Post #643133 16th Sep 2022 6:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1